• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting back story to the kid holding the severed head...

How do you deal with this mindset ?

His wife was an ordinary aussie woman before she met him and converted to Islam. What is it about exposure to this ideology that can have such a toxic effect ?

We dont want our own home grown Jihadis back here, is it any wonder people are shy about importing more islamic people

Is it any wonder Trump made such milage out of the anti Islam promises ?

Mike,
I am about done with the literally insane level of thinking, and the sheer nonsense in this thread, that is coming from another segment of the world's hopeless mindset. That would be the hopelessly brainwashed mindset of another bunch of self declared LOSERS. Losers that instead of embracing a healthy sense of naturally guided laws of logic, and perspective, rant on and on and on, without ever so much as a single molecule of substantiation, for their self aligned liberal flag waving claims. That is apart from presenting just more of the same biased liberal penned PROPAGANDA in the form of sheer editorial and rhetoric.

You Sir have been among the few unbiased people in this thread. I certainly cannot be included among that group, and I honestly wish I had more tolerance and patience, but at least I have in every pivotal case provided facts to back up my perspectives. However Mike, in your case, you have clearly backed up your intelligent and balanced perspective with rock solid facts and socially relevant statistics instead of just more rhetoric. That's to be commended and I have learned much as a result. Reading much of what has been stated here by the liberals, especially post President Trump's annihilation style victory over Clinton in the election, just makes me sick and embarrassed to even associate myself in longer with their baseless bullshit. The whole "I'm going to unjustifiably stick up for the underdog no matter who or what they are" thing is simply putrid. It's like kryptonite is to superman, and I've personally had my fill of the predictably rhetorical, mad liberal children, and their Lex Luther like lying

But good/great show here Mike. You do and have spoken the impenetrably shielded, lead lined truth of facts and statistics, without the bipartisan bias of taking sides. Thank you for that!

Could this really devolve into civil war ?

I don't think so, I think if clinton won it was a remote possibility, but with Trump winning I think that ship has sailed thankfully.

Lets be Honest the lefty liberals or whatever you want to call them, couldn't even stop a clown like trump winning the election, and without the backing of the Armed forces an armed insurrection would not stand a chance.

I think there will be small skirmishes and certainly bloodshed and violence, but not a full scale "civil war".

Trump was democratically elected, that is the bottom line, people are free to question or disagree, but violence can not be condoned.

I think one thing this thread has shown, or maybe reminded me about how different people define "violence".
I would argue that language can be used in a violent way, and the pain that can be inflicted very real. Words can and do hurt.

This is a time of opportunity, President Trump has the opportunity to show that all the bad things said about him are wrong, and the people who don't want him as president, have four years to prepare to get someone they want in the Whitehouse.

I don't think either side covered themselves in glory during the campaign, but its done now, so it is time to work together and put differences aside. And by this I mean BOTH sides have to compromise.

Just as an aside, I predict that alex jones et al will soon be making lots of money from trump related "conspiracies", now clinton has lost, their focus will be on those in power.
people like jones are the ultimate "turncoats" and will follow the money.

Speaking of conspiracies: Did you look at those photos of Trump in Washington, DC?

He's bloated, and his face shows tremendous fatigue. He talked up "stamina, stamina, stamina," but being President ages a person. Will he have the stamina to survive if he doesn't get his act together, lose weight, and eat a healthy diet? Hasn't anyone noticed? In the next four years, he will age 10. Look at Clinton, Bush II and Obama.

I wouldn't worry about president trump, he has now got access to the very best healthcare possible.
I wish the same was true for all of his citizens.

Yep, he's one big bloated mess. :rolleyes: Probably the healthiest president we've had since Kennedy.

trumpandflag.png

conald-trump-tiabbi-da118f7f-b1fe-47c5-912d-dd797fc7a0fd.jpg

_92387384_obamatrump.jpg

I don't think so [civil war], I think if clinton won it was a remote possibility, but with Trump winning I think that ship has sailed thankfully.

Lets be Honest the lefty liberals or whatever you want to call them, couldn't even stop a clown like trump winning the election, and without the backing of the Armed forces an armed insurrection would not stand a chance.

As it may turn out Clinton will have won the popular election by over 2 million votes. The 'lefty liberals or whatever' have been denied by the electoral college system.

NY Times Op-Ed
"Hillary Clinton didn’t just win the popular vote. She won it by a substantial margin.

"By the time all the ballots are counted, she seems likely to be ahead by more than 2 million votes and more than 1.5 percentage points, according to my Times colleague Nate Cohn. She will have won by a wider percentage margin than not only Al Gore in 2000 but also Richard Nixon in 1968 and John F. Kennedy in 1960.

"These comparisons — and I know they’re painful for many people to hear — highlight a dilemma for the suddenly bereft Democratic Party.

"The soul-searching about the Democrats’ loss of the white working class is just beginning, as it should. Presidential races aren’t won and lost on the national popular vote, nor is control of the House and Senate. None of that is going to change, and Democrats need to find ways to win in the world that exists, rather than the more small-d democratic world that many of us would prefer.

"Figuring out how to win more white working-class votes, especially in the Midwest, has to be at the center of any Democratic comeback plan. That plan obviously should include policy ideas to address the stagnation afflicting many working-class communities. Maybe even more, it needs to find the right language — both respectful and visceral — in which to talk with these communities. Clinton didn’t lose to Donald Trump because he had a more serious set of policies for revitalizing working-class America.

"But here’s the dilemma: The Democrats can’t win the white working class by losing their current coalition.
True, the party’s demographic advantages are not as large as they may have seemed a few days ago. Despite strong support from African-Americans, Asian-Americans, Latinos and people born after 1980, Clinton won’t be the next president.
Yet the demographic advantages aren’t fake, either. Democratic-leaning groups are generally growing, and Republican-leaning groups are shrinking. The share of the non-white vote continues to grow each year. As terrible as the Democrats’ current situation is, its political future remains pretty bright, so long as it retains the loyalty of those growing groups.
There is, of course, one very prominent recent Democrat who managed to appeal to both the northern white working class and the new melting pot. But Barack Obama never figured out how to extend his popularity to other Democrats, which suggests the lessons from his success may be limited. Still, the problem that Obama solved is the problem facing the party
once again.

The full Opinion report from The Times follows, including Steven Rattner on Trumponomics, David Brooks on learning from the election and Paul Krugman on standing up for American values.
David Leonhardt
Op-Ed Columnist

Last edited:
"By the time all the ballots are counted, she seems likely to be ahead by more than 2 million votes and more than 1.5 percentage points, according to my Times colleague Nate Cohn. She will have won by a wider percentage margin than not only Al Gore in 2000 but also Richard Nixon in 1968 and John F. Kennedy in 1960.

Long story short: She was destroyed by the electoral college which gives a chance to 'low population' usually conservative states to have a say in American politics.

Another cause: White women didn't go for Hillary.
Trump: The Worst Of Patriarchy | The Huffington Post

[
]I think there will be small skirmishes and certainly bloodshed and violence, but not a full scale "civil war".

Trump was democratically elected, that is the bottom line, people are free to question or disagree, but violence can not be condoned.

I have high hopes but I believe those who have indicated that it will get worse before it gets better may be right. And if the Trumpists keep doing the below, it's hard to say where this will go at this point I am starting to think. :(

Last 24 hours: • Leigh Valley PA: high school students yelling gay slurs and N-words in the halls, calling black students cotton pickers using heil hitler salutes
• Tweet to Jewish writer: “Suck it you kike cunt. He won. Fucking lying journalist piece of shit”
• California: Noe Valley/Delores Heights home proudly flies the Nazi flag
• Brooklyn: Man passes a woman Muslim wearing scarf, says “Your time is up sweetie”.
• Plano East High School: group of boys rip off a girl’s hijab
• Shasta High School Redding CA : White students hand out “deportation letters” to Latino students
• Wellsville NY : Baseball dugout spray painted “Make America White Again” with swastika
• Southern Illinois University: Students put on blackface and grin in front of confederate flag to celebrate Trump victory
• LA: People on street yell at Latina woman: “Go back where you came from”
• Houston High School: Black student called “Nigger, you should be pickin’ cotton”
• California Student: “Today, I was harassed by an older white man who presumed I was Mexican. "I can't wait until Trump asks us to rape your people and send you back over the biggest damn wall we're going to build. Go back to hell, wet back." After saying all of that, he threw the water in his cup in my face, gave me the middle finger, and ran off. It took every fiber of my being to hold my tongue and not chase him down. I'm in tears right now. I've never been terrified of being a woman and a minority until today.”
• NYU Student Association Prayer room has “TRUMP” written in big letters on the door
• NYC West Village: “Tonight we were at a bar… A man came up to our table behind my seated friend and proceeded to, without greeting or warning or any words at all, put his arms around her, hug her, and kiss her cheek. We all assumed it was an old friend, and she squirmed around to see who it was, and it was a complete stranger! I said, "Do you know him?" and she said "no! Not at all!!!" We all started telling him in no uncertain terms that he doesn't get to do that, just touch and kiss anyone whenever he feels like it, and he responded, "but Trump just won the Presidential Race."
• Dewitt Michigan: Group of students form a “human wall” to taunt Hispanic students and block them from their lockers
• Charlotte NC: Man finds flyer under his windshield that says “Deport all Niggers, Muslims, Faggots, Wetbacks, Maga!!”
• Palm Springs CA DMV : Older white man gets pissed off that the line is too long and yells at the Hispanic woman in front of him: “I’m glad Trump was elected, He will put an end to this bullshit, and you need to get the hell out of here and go back to your country”
• Rochester NY: Gay Pride flags on house set on fire
• East Haddam CT: “TRUMP 2016” Spray painted over a poster of unity naming disabled, LGBT and People of Color
• Cambridge MA: “Bearded white male yells at hispanic man “ Go back to your country. This is Trumpland. You ain’t getting your check no more”
• Towson MD: Two black students taunted by white students and called “niggers”
• Newtown High School PA: swastikas in the bathroom, hate messages towards LGBTQ students
• Ventura CA: Latina woman dropping her child off at school has a bunch of fifth graders chanting “build a wall” For photo evidence, testimonies, links to articles and videos, follow on twitter.

LINK: Day 1 In Trump's America

Last edited:
As it may turn out Clinton will have won the popular election by over 2 million votes. The 'lefty liberals or whatever' have been denied by the electoral college system.

NY Times Op-Ed ...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

From CNN four hours ago: :rolleyes:

"She had 59,755,284 votes, according to CNN's tally, with 92% of the expected vote counted. Trump had 59,535,522. That difference of 219,762 is razor-thin considering the nearly 120 million votes counted so far. The totals will continue to change as absentee votes trickle in."

Remember, this win is not a mandate, as mandates go. The margins in several key states were almost razor thin, a few tens of thousands or such. It could have just as easily gone the other way.

Remember, this win is not a mandate, as mandates go. The margins in several key states were almost razor thin, a few tens of thousands or such. It could have just as easily gone the other way.

You're right, this election's win by POTUS Trump was a pure and simple upset annihilation of his opponent. :)

I think one thing this thread has shown, or maybe reminded me about how different people define "violence".
I would argue that language can be used in a violent way, and the pain that can be inflicted very real. Words can and do hurt.
As we have seen on this thread there are posters who cannot argue without using demeaning words as counter to another person's ideas. Not only are the ideas denigrated but the person themselves - and I suspect were this forum to allow genuinely foul language that is about all we'd be hearing. That's anger - that's not 'just words' ('you cry baby') :rolleyes:

Assaultive language is just one step away from acting it out.
This is a time of opportunity, President Trump has the opportunity to show that all the bad things said about him are wrong, and the people who don't want him as president, have four years to prepare to get someone they want in the Whitehouse.
We have 4 years to 'prepare' while he potentially guts the system. Sadly, the ultimate con artist has conned those good people (and many, many of them are good people) who voted for him thinking 'I'll set aside these words and those personal actions of his' because [fill in the blank] - you couldn't 'set aside' all that, though. All that showed who and what he is. The US has been Trumped.
I don't think either side covered themselves in glory during the campaign, but its done now, so it is time to work together and put differences aside. And by this I mean BOTH sides have to compromise.
This is rhetoric. @Han if this was an election based on policies, I would agree - but it hasn't been - or one significant slice of it hasn't been. That slice is non-negotiable.

Violence in speaking inevitably 'allows' a person to cross the line into physical violence to vent the built-up frustration.

I am haunted by something I saw in the mid-nineties - an interview with a man at the worst of the Sarajevo situation. With tears straeming down his face he looked into the camera and said in effect: You think this is 'those people over there' who are different from you in your warm, safe havens, but we are you; we were a showcase of inter-marriage, racial and religious; we shone at the Sarajeva Olympics; yet we have come to this so easily, so quickly - and this can happen to you; if this happened here, it can happen anywhere - it can happen to you.

Watching as people think it is now 'okay' to assault women, muslims, people of color, people of a different life-style, people who are 'new' (or someone thinks is 'new') - watching as bullies start to revel in fear - could it happen here? It happened in Syria - another place perilously 'like us', people just like us. The country is rubble because it's tyrannical leader saw it as the only way to 'maintain control'.

Consider that with Trump it is unlikely that the police will now be held accountable for breaches in conduct creating a public hazard (in fact). Consider that a 'strong police presence' will be rationalized, with no consequences for police misconduct - with a certain segment of the citizenry intent on venting hate. Start to connect the dots. It doesn't look good.

BTW I have used this analogy and I use it again - this is our secular ISIS event. Just as Islam has been having to deal with a fundamentalist group in their midst - fed by diseased personalities (same for Christianity, same for Judaism) - so, too, the 'good people' who voted for Trump thinking they could 'set aside' the man's abhorrent behavior and speech for a 'greater good' will find that there are genuinely deranged haters who are setting aside none of Trump but are taking it up whole.

Oddly enough, the very thing the preppers always were waiting for Obama to do, will likely be done by Trump. We will indeed have reason to fear our federal government. Maybe. But let's hope......maybe the Electoral College will do the unprecedented, and those Electors who have the power will switch their vote to reflect the popular vote and Hillary will win. Wouldn't that be a stunner!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back