• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup.

And quite frankly given the level of honest yet respectful discourse this show is known for, I'm frankly surprised and troubled that it's been allowed to go on.

Turning a blind eye to this kind of behavior frankly enables it.

You're welcome! You're being hypersensitive when words ruffle your feathers so much as they obviously do. I've had this conversation many times with my adopted Asian-American transgender kid and her mixed transgendered best friend who happens to be visiting my home right now as we speak, so don't presume to lecture me on diversity or I shall laugh at you with my African-American brother-in-law and my mixed race niece. There is a HUGE difference between a threat or an act of violence and mere words. 'Hate speech' is a concept created and pushed by those who want to control the speech of those with whom they disagree. And before you label me further, keep in mind that part of my duties as a federal agent was to enforce civil rights laws which I would gladly do. My point of bringing all this up is to illustrate that many of us who do embrace diversity still think that you're somewhat full of crap. Perhaps the terms used by others were not dignified, but for you to react like a wounded little cherub over someone else's poor choice of words (whether true or not) is silly. Unless you like to be silly, therefore proceed. (Here's where Gene comes in and tells me I'm wrong. F___ it.)
What a joke.

You and everything you've ever written or said just went firmly into my bullshit pile.

What a joke.

You and everything you've ever written or said just went firmly into my bullshit pile.

Marduk, you're not only a frustrated nerd wannabe, you're so fickle no flag would ever have you. You're a disgrace to the intelligent consideration of the UFO Phenomenon.

I love how the folks crying about people being too sensitive are actually the ones being bombastically sensitive about their own opinions.

Homophobia manifests in different forms, and a number of different types have been postulated, among which are internalized homophobia, social homophobia, emotional homophobia, rationalized homophobia, and others.[21] There were also ideas to classify homophobia, racism, and sexism as an intolerant personality disorder.[22]
Homophobia - Wikipedia

You made the only error Han, in assuming you knew me. You are short sighted Sir, and you have even less integrity. As to your pleated ancestors, go choke on a lorna doone. What the hell place does that have in a thread that had centered itself on American Politics, and more exactingly the USA's presidential race? Hillary will lose this in spades and she may even be charged before next Tue. Either way, she'll not be the next president, that's a fact.

It's just like Gene to divisively close a thread, then allow select references back to it in an effort to TRY and make someone look bad, that had clearly and evidently handed him his political ass on platter. How politically correct of you Gene.

@Burnt State
You in fact are your own best and most just reward. Your hypersensitivity is just a device in the hands of a passive aggressive sociopath. I cannot imagine what it feels like to be such a wormy underdog and trouble maker. You are the antithesis of courage and virtue.

Show me factually where I said that I knew you?

Guys....Hillary, Donald, Remember?

Let's not become those asshat proxies we've seen at the various rallys for both.

As for me, I found out that Bernie Sanders is qualified as a write in candidate here in California so I know where my votes going. And I don't give a damn if anyone feels I'm wasting my vote.

Guys....Hillary, Donald, Remember?

Let's not become those asshat proxies we've seen at the various rallys for both.

As for me, I found out that Bernie Sanders is qualified as a write in candidate here in California so I know where my votes going. And I don't give a damn if anyone feels I'm wasting my vote.
Hate speech -- homophobia in this case especially -- needs to be called out when it happens.

It's like cockroaches... they run and hide when you turn the lights on.

Especially when there's implied violence as is stated above.

Hate speech -- homophobia in this case especially -- needs to be called out when it happens.

It's like cockroaches... they run and hide when you turn the lights on.

Especially when there's implied violence as is stated above.

The kind of hypersensitivity and stupidity that you routinely implore needs to have a light shown on it as well. You're a FOOL.

The kind of hypersensitivity and stupidity that you routinely implore needs to have a light shown on it as well. You're a FOOL.
The only one being hypersensitive and emotional in this thread, frankly, is you.

OK, let's just drop this line of discussion. It's not relevant to who makes the best President. The side issues and the alleged scandals are all nonsense too.

I have deleted messages already. I'll delete more and I'll hand out warnings and bans if it continues. It's not about your point of view either. Just try to defend it without the nasty asides, OK?

This is why we stopped talking politics on the shows. There's no way to manage the fallout from the side that doesn't agree. It's not worth the bother.

OK, let's just drop this line of discussion. It's not relevant to who makes the best President. The side issues and the alleged scandals are all nonsense too.

I have deleted messages already. I'll delete more and I'll hand out warnings and bans if it continues. It's not about your point of view either. Just try to defend it without the nasty asides, OK?

This is why we stopped talking politics on the shows. There's no way to manage the fallout from the side that doesn't agree. It's not worth the bother.

Gene you are WRONG. Hillary has all but been charged and convicted. It was your choice to participate and support the criminal that is Hillary Clinton. She and many others are going down.

Understood.

@Jeff Davis: Hillary Clinton has not been charged and convicted of any crime. Just because Trump talks "crooked Hillary" and says in a debate he'd put her in jail — obviously without due process — doesn't mean it's so.

You have to get past that nonsense. There is no truth to it. You can accuse her if you want, but no respectable prosecutor will take you up on it. In the 1990s, when they impeached Bill Clinton, he was not convicted because his only crime was lying about an affair. No big deal. So did lots of other government officials, including some of his accusers. It's not a high crime and misdemeanor. All the rest of the crooked Bill charges couldn't be proven.

You're welcome! You're being hypersensitive when words ruffle your feathers so much as they obviously do. I've had this conversation many times with my adopted Asian-American transgender kid and her mixed transgendered best friend who happens to be visiting my home right now as we speak, so don't presume to lecture me on diversity or I shall laugh at you with my African-American brother-in-law and my mixed race niece. There is a HUGE difference between a threat or an act of violence and mere words. 'Hate speech' is a concept created and pushed by those who want to control the speech of those with whom they disagree. And before you label me further, keep in mind that part of my duties as a federal agent was to enforce civil rights laws which I would gladly do. My point of bringing all this up is to illustrate that many of us who do embrace diversity still think that you're somewhat full of crap. Perhaps the terms used by others were not dignified, but for you to react like a wounded little cherub over someone else's poor choice of words (whether true or not) is silly. Unless you like to be silly, therefore proceed. (Here's where Gene comes in and tells me I'm wrong. F___ it.)
Thank you for your thoughts but they are useless to me and don't help the discussion. What you are arguing for is the freedom for the racist to speak freely and openly, same for the sexist and the homophobe, in open public forums and that silences others. Thank you for seeing me as a cherub as well. Sounds to me like you are the one all ruffled actually. You have it wrong.

Thank you for your thoughts but they are useless to me and don't help the discussion. What you are arguing for is the freedom for the racist to speak freely and openly, same for the sexist and the homophobe, in open public forums and that silences others. Thank you for seeing me as a cherub as well. Sounds to me like you are the one all ruffled actually. You have it wrong.

Riiiiight. LOL :D

Riiiiight. LOL :D
Oh please Walter, you should know better than to minimize hatred. When you refer to a woman as a "Clit" that's what u call hyper sexism and calling any woman a "carpet muncher" is beyond derogatory when it comes to talking about sexuality. You can tolerate that if you like just as some parts of America can tolerate Trump's overt hatreds for many but I think if you are running a forum and you want everyone to feel comfortable about being here then you actually have to hold a moral and human line. It's called respect for diversity. Some like Han would call it human decency. No one's free when hatred is allowed to have its way. And I did point to where it was nut now I make the point of repeating it for forum owners to take a moral stand. Thanks for opening it up.

You are welcome to your opinion, however beyond just that, you got absolutely nothing. You are a hypersensitive nutcase.

Gene is right. This has meandered away from a cacophony about Clinton vs Trump. Essentially, the time for the blather is done. We're now down to waiting for the voting to happen. I'm gonna get back to the discussions on the weird stuff and my 'pile of garbage' :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back