• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
On-going vote count -

Current numbers: Difference is 2,654,233 - or 2.6 million, 2% - with voter suppression.

It's a fine point. The winner of the electoral college is elected regardless of the popular vote. Still, Clinton will be about three million votes ahead of Trump when all the votes are counted. Trump clearly doesn't like that, because he and his cohorts continue to spread the fake story about millions of undocumented immigrants voting, without, of course, any proof such a thing happened.

But under the system you use he did win yes. ?

We have preferential voting here, Which means the candidate you vote for can then pass that vote to someone else, Even someone you would never vote for in a million years.

Instant-runoff voting - Wikipedia

You Guys use it for the Hugo's and Oscars, but starting 2018 Maine will use it in its primary and general elections for governor, U.S. Senate, U.S. House and state legislature.

A bit odd, but there is a point to it all. You are reading correctly, Democratic electors pledged to Clinton want to cast their vote for a third candidate who would be a Republican. The second article explains the strategy.

Colorado electors sue state in effort to block Trump

LINK:
Colorado electors sue state in effort to block Trump
TEXT: "Two Democratic electors from Colorado filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday, challenging a state law that requires they vote for the winner of the state's popular vote, the Denver Post reports.

"Polly Baca and Robert Nemanich had pledged to support Democrat Hillary Clinton, the winner of Colorado's nine electoral votes. But now they are joining so-called 'Moral Electors' in other states and say they'll shift their Democratic votes to a consensus Republican pick -- if one emerges. The 'Moral Electors' want to persuade Republican electors in other states to vote for a third-party candidate, the Post reports, in an attempt to keep Donald Trump from receiving 270 electoral votes.

"Several states, including Colorado, prohibit electors from voting against the candidate who won the state's electoral votes. And Colorado Secretary of State Wayne Williams has already threatened to replace Baca and Nemanich if they try. 'Instead of honoring the will of the Coloradans who voted for them, these two faithless electors seek to conspire with electors from other states to elect a president who did not receive a single vote in November,' Williams said in a statement. 'The very notion of two Colorado electors ignoring Colorado’s popular vote in an effort to sell their vote to electors in other states is odious to everything we hold dear about the right to vote,' he added.

"The members of the Electoral College are slated to meet on Dec. 19 to cast their official votes for president.

"Trump clinched 306 electoral votes on Nov. 8."

Democrats can stop Trump via the electoral college. But not how you think.
LINK: Democrats can stop Trump via the electoral college. But not how you think.
TEXT Excerpted: "The only way Democrats stand any chance of persuading Republican electors to abandon Trump is with a dramatic gesture of true bipartisanship. If all 232 Democratic electors pledge to reach across the aisle and vote for a Republican alternative to Trump, it would take just 38 GOP electors to make that person the next president.

"If Clinton announced she is releasing 'her' electors and asked them to vote for a credible Republican alternative, she could plausibly deliver all 232 Democratic electors. She might even secure similar pledges from House Democrats in the event the election went to the House.

"Finding 38 Republican electors might then be easier than Democrats think. In 2012, Romney won a larger share of the popular vote (47.2 percent) than Mr. Trump did this year (46.2 percent). There are 35 Republican electors from states where Romney got more votes than Trump (Alaska, Idaho, Kansas, Mississippi, Utah, Wisconsin), and at least 120 others from states where Romney won a larger share of the vote. That’s more than half of Republican electors. Texas has 38 electors all by itself."

It's a fine point. The winner of the electoral college is elected regardless of the popular vote. Still, Clinton will be about three million votes ahead of Trump when all the votes are counted. Trump clearly doesn't like that, because he and his cohorts continue to spread the fake story about millions of undocumented immigrants voting, without, of course, any proof such a thing happened.
Gene, I had read predictions that Hillary would crest at 2.5 million, but she is now at 2.67 - almost 2.7 million. I can believe the guesstimate at 3 million - but what is your source? And do you know why the estimates have leaped ahead so far?

Mike, the problem is that the voters didn't listen to the pop singer Madonna. In an interview she said that hateful women who voted for Trump were the reason for Mrs. Clinton's loss. This was the same Madonna who promised everyone in one of her audiences she would give them a BJ if they voted for Hillary Clinton. Small wonder that Trump won.

Mike, the problem is that the voters didn't listen to the pop singer Madonna. In an interview she said that hateful women who voted for Trump were the reason for Mrs. Clinton's loss. This was the same Madonna who promised everyone in one of her audiences she would give them a BJ if they voted for Hillary Clinton. Small wonder that Trump won.

Ahhh, Now that's interesting since Madonna is listed here as a celebrity vampire.

vampires.JPG

The plot thickens :p

Florida Residents Sue For Recount Over 233% Jump In Uncounted Ballots
LINK:
Florida Residents Sue For Recount Over 233% Jump In Uncounted Ballots
TEXT Excerpt: "A trio of central Florida residents filed a lawsuit against the State of Florida to demand a recount of the presidential ballots. Protect Our Elections is an elections reform group, who is supporting the citizen effort because in Florida only citizens and not candidates can sue for a recount. They may have a point, because up to 160,000 ballots may have been left uncounted, a number greater than Trump’s plurality of the Florida vote and 233% of the number of uncounted ballots in 2012.

"There’s little chance of changing Florida’s certified election results in favor of the Republican nominee, but the recount lawsuit could expose isolated instances of election irregularities in Florida if pursued in the courts to its logical conclusion. As the Miami New Times reports, the group filed with 12 minutes to go before the midnight deadline last Friday, after raising $65,000 online."

Gene, I had read predictions that Hillary would crest at 2.5 million, but she is now at 2.67 - almost 2.7 million. I can believe the guesstimate at 3 million - but what is your source? And do you know why the estimates have leaped ahead so far?
Educated guess. I covered a little bit of politics in my day.

Yes , he will be president , but did not win.He's a loser.

With the greatest respect: everyone knew the rules and the system before the election.

Trump won.

yes he got less votes but that doesn't mean he lost.

However much I disagree with the concept of the college system, it doesn't change the result.

in about a week he will be the POTUS, and he will be so legitimately according to the predefined rules and regulations.

I would rather he wasn't but it is too late now.

I think that the fact the 40 odd percent* didn't even bother to vote says a lot, if the Democrats had put up a better candidate I don't think Trump would be POTUS.

*2016g - United States Elections Project

A very good quote from the TV program 'Supernatural' comes to mind. Dean Winchester tells his brother Sam the following: ' House rules Sammy, Driver picks the music, Shotgun shuts his Cakehole.'

Of course, known to be as the Twilight Zone of presidencies, Trump is the confluence of both non-fiction and fantasy, where reality meets delusion. It really isn’t that uncommon for a sociopath’s/psychopath's behavior.

In defending Time magazine’s choice of Trump for “person of the year”, “Time has occasionally chosen controversial figures, among them Adolf Hitler (in 1938) and Josef Stalin (twice: in 1939 and 1942).”

“In 1969, it chose “The Middle Americans” for the honor, celebrating them for continuing to pray in public schools in defiance of the United States Supreme Court and electing Richard M. Nixon (who himself would become the person of the year in 1971) to the White House.”

Who knows, perhaps next year Time will choose the American white nationalist, Richard Spencer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen such a bunch of cry babies. My guy lost too but I am over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back