• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Three

Free versions of recent episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: A few days back Jeff Davis complained when I deleted a message of his due to some material that might violate our Terms of Service. So that may be why he vanished.

But the same thing applies to everyone: Go easy on the personal attacks or the offenders will have messages deleted and may get warnings or temporary bans if the behavior continues.

Another member complained to me via an email about the same thing, that we use "lame" reasons to remove messages.

The rules are clearly displayed and have been in place for years:

Terms and Rules

In fact, we tend to be lax about enforcing them. We tolerate a lot before it goes over the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was pretty damn clever and funny. Even if I was a Clinton supporter I'd be hard pressed not to tip my hat off to the composer and no I don't mean Roy O.

And Lord knows we can use the laughs because I'm not entirely settled on Donald either.

per link below she only got one additional vote from Wisconsin recount (so far)... whoopee: First Day Of Wisconsin Recount Nets Hillary One Vote
If you steal one bubble-gum it's still stealing. I just knew the election was rigged !

73621947.jpg

Last edited:
I am so very, very suprised.

(as in I am not suprised at all for those with an irony deficiency)

"
US President-elect Donald Trump took a populist tone on the campaign trail, pledging to stand for a beleaguered working class abandoned by the elite.

Yet, as he selects his cabinet, observers are already pointing out that he is putting together the richest administration in US history."

_92782649_sanderstweet.jpg

Trump assembles America's 'richest cabinet' - BBC News

Trump making waves... interesting stuff

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/12/02/world/trump-calls-to-world-leaders.html?_r=0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

More like creating an international incident with China over Taiwan even before taking office. Russia & the U.S. are already on loose footing. The orange faced one with the tiny pie hole* wants to build his hotels on Taiwan so forget about diplomacy, and the impending fallout from China.

This is the kind of stupidity that can precipitate conflicts between nations.

Putin has to be pleased with Trump’s latest faux pas, as he will be the best U.S. president that Russia could possibly win.

*How the Chinese view the president-elect.

Trump-Taiwan call: China lodges protest - BBC News

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see the tenor of the discourse on the thread is reaching towards profundity. :rolleyes:

Since some seem to think 'one vote' has been found in Wisconsin - it's clear many do not understand what is really taking place - and the scale of the malfeasance. Greg Palast is the 'go to' man on this. Some serious journalism being done.

Please listen to this interview with Greg Palast. There is a reason why the Republicans are desperate to stop this 'recount'.

Greg Palst: "This was a Jim Crow election and they don't want that exposed."

What Might Jill Stein's Recount Expose About The Election?
TEXT: "Published on Dec 2, 2016: Big Picture Interview: Greg Palast, 'The Best Democracy Money Can Buy'. It's almost like they have something to hide. With one Jill Stein-led recount effort already underway in Wisconsin and additional recounts pending in Michigan and Pennsylvania, supporters of Donald Trump are now taking legal action to stop what they say is a baseless attempt to smear their candidate. In Pennsylvania, Trump himself has joined up with the local Republican Party to block Jill Stein's request for a recount. In Wisconsin, Trump Super PACS are doing the dirty work and have asked a federal judge to stop what they say is a violation of due process rights. Across the border in Michigan, meanwhile, Republican Attorney General Bill Scuette has asked the State Supreme Court to cancel an effort he and his office are calling a 'frivolous request for a recount by an aggrieved party to silence all Michigan votes for president.' So - IS Jill Stein's push for a recount just a useless exercise in self-promotion? Or is there actually a chance it could expose something big?"

Let's say that for the sake of argument the vote was indeed rigged.
Who did it ?.
On the face of it, The incumbents would have the means the motive and the opportunity, But since they didn't win....... Surely they didn't rig it so the opposition would take the prize.

So who rigged it for the Trump camp ?.

Yet, as he selects his cabinet, observers are already pointing out that he is putting together the richest administration in US history."

I don't find this surprising, He ran on a platform of using business acumen to fix the country's fiscal woes. If money is the way you keep score, then surely the richest have by their scores proven they are good at the game.
The working class employees of any given enterprise are not going to be served well by hiring the janitor to serve as CEO.
In this model he's been quite transparent. Successful business men/women create jobs. He's promised to create jobs and so he's hired successful business men to do just that.

It's early days and i reserve the right to be wrong, But thus far this is consistent with what he said he would bring to the table if elected.

Reactions: Han
If he were truly a financial wizard there wouldn’t be the bankruptcies behind him, let alone in concealing his income tax records.

When considering a truly brilliant businessman, Warren Buffet comes into mind, who by the way opposed Trump for his business acumen.

If he were truly a financial wizard there wouldn’t be the bankruptcies behind him, let alone in concealing his income tax records.

When considering a truly brilliant businessman, Warren Buffet comes into mind, who by the way opposed Trump for his business acumen.

Yeah i have to say I've always been impressed with the way Buffet thinks.

I don't find this surprising, He ran on a platform of using business acumen to fix the country's fiscal woes. If money is the way you keep score, then surely the richest have by their scores proven they are good at the game.
The working class employees of any given enterprise are not going to be served well by hiring the janitor to serve as CEO.
In this model he's been quite transparent. Successful business men/women create jobs. He's promised to create jobs and so he's hired successful business men to do just that.

It's early days and i reserve the right to be wrong, But thus far this is consistent with what he said he would bring to the table if elected.

That is a fair point, regarding putting business people rather than politicians in, now you say it I do remember him saying as much, especially when he was talking about "trade deals".

but I should have posted more from the article because some of the people have "interesting" connections:

In any other company, Mr Trump's choice for treasury secretary, Steven Mnuchin, might have been expected to be the richest person in the room.

After 17 years at Goldman Sachs, he founded a hedge fund and later bought a bank that became known for seizing the homes of borrowers who fell behind on mortgage payments. Reports put his wealth at over $40m.

and:

Wilbur Ross, the president-elect's pick for commerce secretary. Forbes puts the wealth of Mr Ross, who headed Rothschild Inc's bankruptcy practice before starting an investment firm, at $2.5bn.

Maybe I am just cynical and suspicious but I thought that he was supposed to "get rid" of the elites.

That is a fair point, regarding putting business people rather than politicians in, now you say it I do remember him saying as much, especially when he was talking about "trade deals".

but I should have posted more from the article because some of the people have "interesting" connections:

In any other company, Mr Trump's choice for treasury secretary, Steven Mnuchin, might have been expected to be the richest person in the room.

After 17 years at Goldman Sachs, he founded a hedge fund and later bought a bank that became known for seizing the homes of borrowers who fell behind on mortgage payments. Reports put his wealth at over $40m.

and:

Wilbur Ross, the president-elect's pick for commerce secretary. Forbes puts the wealth of Mr Ross, who headed Rothschild Inc's bankruptcy practice before starting an investment firm, at $2.5bn.

Maybe I am just cynical and suspicious but I thought that he was supposed to "get rid" of the elites.
Let's see if his kids will get a job in his cabinet , maybe for agriculture
hunt30n-8-web.jpg

Let's say that for the sake of argument the vote was indeed rigged.
Who did it ? On the face of it, the incumbents would have the means the motive and the opportunity, but since they didn't win....... Surely they didn't rig it so the opposition would take the prize. So who rigged it for the Trump camp ?
Listen to the Greg Palast interview - also other links. This has nothing to do with the Federal level. The Republicans controlled the three states in question (and also Florida and Arizona) where the rigging happened. The rigging happened to begin - with something called Crosscheck - and with voter suppression in general [see interview]. The video lists all that was done in each state around the election - and was able to be done because the Republicans controlled that state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back