• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Three

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your message makes it clear why having a reasonable dialog is near-impossible.

The public has the right to question election results, and to ask for recounts under certain circumstances. Few would expect the results to be overturned from checking Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, but if someone wants to pay the fee to have it done, fine. The system should be tested.

It is also possible that at least some electors pledged to Trump won't vote for Trump. In fact, one of them wrote an editorial for a major newspaper. That's news. It may not signify that several dozen will overturn the election by doing the same, but in many states it's not prohibited. But I still think Trump will take the oath of office in January.

As to some posters not living in this country, they also have the right to give their opinion. Having the views of some posters from other countries is valuable, because few people in the U.S. have an accurate picture of what they think.

This is a paranormal/UFO forum for the most part, as you well know from looking at most of the posts. But there are a few general discussion areas, and this thread was designed to focus politics, as much as possible, in one place so people who aren't interested can check out other content.
Your reply makes it clear why some 'PAYING' subscribers no longer post here. Why would anyone send you money, only to have their posts deleted? It seems you were just wringing your hands recently about raising funds. Now you have an answer.

Your message makes it clear why having a reasonable dialog is near-impossible.

The public has the right to question election results, and to ask for recounts under certain circumstances. Few would expect the results to be overturned from checking Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, but if someone wants to pay the fee to have it done, fine. The system should be tested.

It is also possible that at least some electors pledged to Trump won't vote for Trump. In fact, one of them wrote an editorial for a major newspaper. That's news. It may not signify that several dozen will overturn the election by doing the same, but in many states it's not prohibited. But I still think Trump will take the oath of office in January.

As to some posters not living in this country, they also have the right to give their opinion. Having the views of some posters from other countries is valuable, because few people in the U.S. have an accurate picture of what they think.

This is a paranormal/UFO forum for the most part, as you well know from looking at most of the posts. But there are a few general discussion areas, and this thread was designed to focus politics, as much as possible, in one place so people who aren't interested can check out other content.
Also, you and your acolytes have been beating the drum for the losing side. Isn't time to give up this futile crusade? I would be concerned about your regular show instead. The last time I looked there were 8 posts about the last weeks' show. Four by the moderators. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Kill the politics and stick to the real business.

You have it all wrong, and this has been explained to you on several occasions already in private email. We only delete messages that violate Terms of Service. So if you're in the business of just attacking people, it doesn't matter if you pay or not. The messages will be removed. In fact, we tend to err on the side of allowing borderline messages in these forums.

You've been here long enough. You know that.

But I'm concerned over the fact that you quote my previous response in two posts, but your answers have nothing at all to do with it. I wasn't referring to deleting messages but explaining the variety of messages that appear here and why they appear.

Also, you and your acolytes have been beating the drum for the losing side. Isn't time to give up this futile crusade? I would be concerned about your regular show instead. The last time I looked there were 8 posts about the last weeks' show. Four by the moderators. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Kill the politics and stick to the real business.
The presence of a political thread has nothing to do with the shows themselves; if you don't want a political thread, don't post in one. It's a separate matter. I know from the number of downloads our episodes receive that our traffic has consistently grown.

If you check, I've predicted Trump would win from day one. I am also on record for saying i think he could do a good job. I posted comments to that effect on Feb the 9th.
I have also made a case that a Clinton win would have reeked of oligarchy.

Chris posted Hillary was a shill, Back then too.

Gene and i have never agreed on who could or should be the next POTUS. That's the nature of politics.

Everyone has been free to post their opinion as long as they did so respectfully.

Your accusation is just plain wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
All things being equal, I would have preferred to see candidates that are younger and less polarizing get nominated by both parties. I speak as a senior citizen, and, although I remain in good health, I do not feel I'm up to handling the pressure of being President of a country. I suppose having thousands of aides and hangers-on helps some, but we have to be realistic. Consider Reagan's decline in his second term, and people tend to live longer now for the most part.

You have it all wrong, and this has been explained to you on several occasions already in private email. We only delete messages that violate Terms of Service. So if you're in the business of just attacking people, it doesn't matter if you pay or not. The messages will be removed. In fact, we tend to err on the side of allowing borderline messages in these forums.

You've been here long enough. You know that.

But I'm concerned over the fact that you quote my previous response in two posts, but your answers have nothing at all to do with it. I wasn't referring to deleting messages but explaining the variety of messages that appear here and why they appear.
Gene, you and I both know your so called 'Terms of Service' is a catch all for anyone who disagrees or criticizes you in any way.

I'm curious about the new people interested in the political posts. I seem to recall all the cry babies coming out of the woodwork when you floated the idea of an all pay website. That amounted to $5 a month or so. Really? Some of these characters spend half their adult lives here but they have no cash. Is that who you are trying to attract. Good luck to you. I have a tight hold on my wallet since my posts were deleted.

You and I both know that the Terms of Service is clearly spelled out and it applies to everyone.

The only posts of yours that were deleted contained personal attacks, as you well know. And we both know about whom those attacks were addressed. Lots of people disagree with me here. But they don't step over the line. It has nothing to do with one's wallet.

I also see that your Paracast+ membership expired last February. But you're still complaining. Do us all a favor: If you don't like it here, just go away. If you don't like the show, don't listen.

If you want to behave feel free to stick around. The welcome mat is open to anyone who follows the rules, paid or otherwise.

All things being equal, I would have preferred to see candidates that are younger and less polarizing get nominated by both parties. I speak as a senior citizen, and, although I remain in good health, I do not feel I'm up to handling the pressure of being President of a country. I suppose having thousands of aides and hangers-on helps some, but we have to be realistic. Consider Reagan's decline in his second term, and people tend to live longer now for the most part.

I would vote for you, But i would want your first executive order be to give me full access to Area 51. (And a Pony, I've always wanted a Pony)

I am gobsmacked! As the saying goes in England. :confused: Good grief! I have had my persona savaged on this chat site and those posts continue to exist on certain threads. The attacks were not only bizarre (truly crazy) but very personal, and nothing whatever to do with the thread content. And all because my pov was diagreed with. I have had to put some posters on 'ignore' to be free of seeing their constant needling (bullying) posts.

I agree 100% with Gene when he says he "tend(s) to err on the side of allowing borderline messages in these forums." Yep!

In fact, it is my experience that - while the forum has become more accountable to how forum members are treated - still there are folks who will not post anymore precisely because internet decorum is not always moderated. So looks like it's a no-win situation for Gene - except for those who want civil discourse.

P.S. I doubt that the forum activity has anything to do with the success of the Paracast show. Internet chat sites are a dying conversation form. Few people have time for them anymore. Facebook has taken over in some respects - and other internet possibilities for chat.

We've had as many as 300 messages in a single day since the political thread went live. But the moderators can't parse every syllable. It's up to members to report possibly offensive posts. We'll act accordingly. As you might expect, the worst offenders raise the biggest outcries when you call them out. You've already seen some of that in this thread.

Thanks for sticking around.

That was always my pov when posting how the election looked via the news down here. A different perspective can be useful.
Plus and as per my comments re the internet, In this age of global news nets, everything is local news now. Even if it happens on the other side of the planet.

And of course there is the ripple in the pond effect. If Mr Trump goes hard on China,That may slow their economy. Their manufacturing slumps and they slow or stop importing Australian steel and other raw materials which effects that economy by extension.

I find it amusing that you call Hillary "Hitlery" when it's actually Trump that is closest to the definition of fascism.

And I'm not throwing that around to be histrionic; I'm referring directly to the merger of the corporate state and the government.
It's part of the act of defecting criticism by blaming the other party of the things for which one is guilty. That's clearly what was happening here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back