• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The March 21, 2010 Show - Cattle Mutilations

Red

Paranormal Adept
Just got done listening and thought this was a very intelligent conversation about the whole phenomenon. I also thought it refreshing that everyone was willing to entertain several possible causes (goverment agencies, paranormal, other animals) based on the each individual case instead of trying to shoehorn every case into one single theory.

I do have one question because of the possible human involvement/contaminated food chain angle. Are there certain chemical profiles that are being looked for when researchers are able to have analysis done on the tissue samples? I am thinking along the lines of testing for prions, heavy metals, etc.

Yeah, good discussion with a variety of views. Even more than usual, I'm gonna have to give this one several listens. :)

If the government or some corporation were doing cattle mutilations then you would think it would be easier, safer, and more efficient to simply purchase the cattle and test them rather than risk exposure, law suits, and being shot at to perform some mundane thing like testing tissue samples. It's a bizarre thing to be sure that makes little sense.

I wish they would have elaborated on the problems with L.M.H.'s investigations into the subject.

Yeah, I had the same reaction the last time this subject was discussed. The government or whoever could just setup their own ranch/research station and avoid a lot of trouble and expense (how many cows could you move on a truck for what it costs to fly a helicopter?).

True. And I think I remember Christopher saying something about some cattle were actually replaced by the military in an earlier show which gives even more of a strangeness factor.

If the government or some corporation were doing cattle mutilations then you would think it would be easier, safer, and more efficient to simply purchase the cattle and test them rather than risk exposure, law suits, and being shot at to perform some mundane thing like testing tissue samples. It's a bizarre thing to be sure that makes little sense.

I wish they would have elaborated on the problems with L.M.H.'s investigations into the subject.

I couldn't agree more. This extremely odd, widespread activity would not only be more expensive than buying cattle direct, it would be enormously more expensive. It would also have all the risks mentioned, and really doesn't seem to foot with common sense. If corporate, there are more effective ways to drive out the smaller farmers from the business (this is happening anyway as a matter of economics; besides, your business reputation would be ruined if the reality came to light). Additionally, practically speaking, how do you hoist up relatively heavy cattle and sheep onto a helicopter, all the while avoiding leaving tracks, while the animals are presumably trying to avoid you? What about the criminal aspects of the activity (including insurance fraud)?

This all doesn't address the fact that numerous farmers are now taking pot shots at the helicopters with high powered rifles. Given the number of bullets flying around, wouldn't we see more direct evidence of government / corporate involvement? I would have to think some of these farmers are decent shots.

That being said, the government does some pretty stupid stuff. I once heard a show about crop circles, where the pattern seems to mimic what is occurring here -- at the core exists a paranormal phenomenum (the simple crop circles) which is being augmented by a small team of government contractors employed by MI5 (who create the more complex circles). Again, though, why? At least people aren't firing rifles at the crop circle hoaxers.

Also, how could L.M.H. go so far off the reservation (she did have a legitimate career at one point)? This is the same argument used against Hopkins, Jacobs, Carpenter, et. al. (all of whom have legitimate careers) regarding the abduction phenomenum. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I don't get the psychology of so many seemingly intelligent people totally developing their own fantasy land.

By the way, I also truly enjoyed the show -- I thought it was one of the better ones I have heard on the Paracast, with frontline researchers coming forward to tell their experiences (cf. discussions around the 'state' of UFology).

We have evidence that the gov't has been buying cattle from specific regions and also renting pasture and raising their own animals. What we were suggesting is that the act of secretly mutilating cattle and leaving them where they are found smacks of some kind of social engineering program that is aimed at creating fear in targeted ranching communities. These communities are often where fiercely independent "patriot" ranchers reside. And let's also not forget that it isn't necessarily the animal that is being tested, but possibly the environment at a particular location where the animal is being raised.

I have no problem with her investigations, only her conclusions based on little or at the most, scant evidence. If the gov't theory doesn't make sense, an ET explanation is infinitely more far-fetched. If ETs are harvesting cattle parts for genetic material, why don't they go raid a slaughterhouse where there is more blood, fluids and body parts than you could possibly imagine? Makes no sense and there is no unequivocal evidence to back up this theory.

I too loved this show... *great* job guys!

The stories of the cows and sheep mutilated during the process of birth were really indicative of environmental monitoring, especially the one with the head removed. That's exactly what you'd want to do to see if prion disease had been transmitted to the neural tissue of the calf.

But it's still mysterious... why were they left there, and how has nobody ever gotten caught (or shot!) doing this?

Hey, great show. Thanks!

I'm listening to the APFU INTERVIEWS on YouTube now. It's a very good documentary.

Lots of follow-up to do after this one. The subject is mind-bogging, mysterious and creepy.

I particularly enjoyed the idea to set up high def videos and catch this process in the act. It is only a matter of time.

TO whoever is doing this: You're watching us, but we're watching you.

In Hunt for the Skinwalker, Kelleher and Knapp indicated that the phenomenum would actually avoid being video-taped. They recount an incident where the wires were ripped from one of the video cameras, in sight of yet another camera, which failed to pick up the vandalization of the first camera. If true, the phenomena has a way of staying one step ahead of humans, as the authors discussed.

Great show. I really got tired of cattle mutilations and had doubts, but this show was extremely interesting.. Thanks Gene, and Chris did a fantastic job..and your Trickster wasnt so bad either, I got a nice chuckle out of it.. =)

What we were suggesting is that the act of secretly mutilating cattle and leaving them where they are found smacks of some kind of social engineering program that is aimed at creating fear in targeted ranching communities.

Well what you are describing is a classic example of terrorism. Terrorism is usually done with some end in mind such as political or social change. You have to wonder what end result this terrorism is supposed to produce. Don't ranch here? Don't raise cattle?

Back