• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The horrible truth about the horrible truth

ok... i see picking 3 is too much for you to handle... lets try something easier for you, can you pick one?

Picking three is easy. Picking ten or even twenty is easy. You assume a little too much by trying to establish I am unable to cope with three theories. Quite fitting really considering these conspiracy theories are based on speculation and false assumptions.

I just see the relevance in me picking out conspiracy theories. Are you able to enlighten me as to why I need to pick one or any at all?

Are you asking for examples of conspiracy theories for the sake of conversation? If so, you have an obvious reference tool at your fingertips. I didn't realise I was a portal for conspiracy theories. Maybe I should check my job description again.

Maybe, and I assume this is the case, you're simply trying to establish some sort of argument against skepticism.

How about you pick one. Seeing as I am incapable of doing that.

*google search* BUNK
*system overload*
*crash*

i see you just like to argue. you will have to keep trolling.
i have no idea what you consider a theory so i guess i can't help you.

i see you just like to argue. you will have to keep trolling.
i have no idea what you consider a theory so i guess i can't help you.

I'm sorry, wasn't it you who asked the question and then jumped to assumptions? Tsk tsk!

"I see"...do you really? Skepticism is trolling? Oh my!

do you want to discuss a theory or not? last chance. pick one, pick 100, i dont give a shit.

do you want to discuss a theory or not? last chance. pick one, pick 100, i dont give a shit.

Uh, if you bothered to look around, you'd have seen I have already discussed conspiracy theories on this forum. Maybe you should look around and continue a discussion that has already been started instead of posting off topic and pointing the finger at other claiming they're trolling.

Oh no...it's my last chance! This post is ending on a cliffhanger...

Excitement much.

Uh, if you bothered to look around, you'd have seen I have already discussed conspiracy theories on this forum. Maybe you should look around and continue a discussion that has already been started instead of posting off topic and pointing the finger at other claiming they're trolling.

Oh no...it's my last chance! This post is ending on a cliffhanger...

Excitement much.

i am not wasting my time looking for bullshit you posted. put up or shut up. :rolleyes:

pixelsmith calling someone else a troller? That's rich. The only reason he's still on these forums is because Gene let him back on, he does nothing more than post one or two sentence barbs. Jose, don't waste your time on him.

dB

pixelsmith calling someone else a troller? That's rich. The only reason he's still on these forums is because Gene let him back on, he does nothing more than post one or two sentence barbs. Jose, don't waste your time on him.

dB

Hey man, the Internet needs trolls. Spices things up!

dB

wait a minute dB, in response to your own "barb"...

1. i was on your ignore list, how (or why) did you read my post?

2. you left the forum... again... what is the reason you came back? just to attack me?

3. jose disputed conspiracy theories, i asked him to list 1 or 100. he can't. it is pretty hard to debate nothing.

dB, i am simply trying to engage in a debate with jose but it looks like he is not able to comply. just how is it that i am trolling? maybe it is you that is doing the trolling?

what have i done wrong by requesting a theory for debate? jose called bullshit on conspiracy theories. i stepped up. pretty simple stuff to understand on a discussion forum.

Well, I'll tell ya pixel. I'm not picking on you because I know full well that I am as guilty of this as anyone, but it's easy to just be argumentative. It's a lot harder to prepare and present a logical argument. It takes time and research. You have to put yourself out and you subject yourself to someone else picking apart your post. One of the things that had my eyes rolling recently was this Bishop vs Hastings slug fest where BOTH of these guys would pick apart the other's post virtually line by line: Quote, bitch. Quote, bitch. Quote, bitch. I just wanted to scream at them both: STOP it! If you've got something to say, make your case as a stand-alone post.

You guys are indulging in the same sort of thing. You're saying to each other: 'You do it.' 'No, you do it.' 'No, you.' How 'bout saying something useful? Right now this thread is not useful. It's providing no new information, no insight, no perspective. It's just a couple of kids arguing on the playground. My plea to you guys is to do something useful, or just be man enough to drop the thread entirely. Let it die.

Pixelsmith has rarely made any kind of constructive gesture or had any substantial postings on these forums, he comes on here to fling shit around. He's not noticed that I've been back on the forums for weeks, because he only tends to participate in politically-oriented threads, the ones I'm more likely to stay away from. He doesn't engage in actual discussions, his last post on this thread is one of the longest he's ever typed here. He likes to try to incite me into arguments, because he's got a tick up his ass about me - I've banned him before, and like I said, he's only here because Gene has allowed him back on, and I don't particularly think it would be appropriate for me to override Gene and ban him again. Unless I'm pushed too hard, at which point, I will indeed send him packing.

dB

i totally agree with you Schuyler. :)

Jose, if you EVER decide to debate a theory please come up with one. ::)

Pixelsmith has rarely made any kind of constructive gesture or had any substantial postings on these forums, he comes on here to fling shit around. He's not noticed that I've been back on the forums for weeks, because he only tends to participate in politically-oriented threads, the ones I'm more likely to stay away from. He doesn't engage in actual discussions, his last post on this thread is one of the longest he's ever typed here. He likes to try to incite me into arguments, because he's got a tick up his ass about me - I've banned him before, and like I said, he's only here because Gene has allowed him back on, and I don't particularly think it would be appropriate for me to override Gene and ban him again. Unless I'm pushed too hard, at which point, I will indeed send him packing.

dB

db i noticed the minute you came back but kept my mouth shut for fear of being banned again.

i didnt realize i had to participate in all threads in order to be a member in good standing. i will review the rules again. sorry!

tick up my ass about you? lol... umm... i believe it is the other way around.

i will not be acknowledging you in the future. i can see where you are headed with this dialogue. please leave me alone and put me back on ignore, i like this forum.

Well, I'll tell ya pixel. I'm not picking on you because I know full well that I am as guilty of this as anyone, but it's easy to just be argumentative. It's a lot harder to prepare and present a logical argument. It takes time and research. You have to put yourself out and you subject yourself to someone else picking apart your post. One of the things that had my eyes rolling recently was this Bishop vs Hastings slug fest where BOTH of these guys would pick apart the other's post virtually line by line: Quote, bitch. Quote, bitch. Quote, bitch. I just wanted to scream at them both: STOP it! If you've got something to say, make your case as a stand-alone post.

You guys are indulging in the same sort of thing. You're saying to each other: 'You do it.' 'No, you do it.' 'No, you.' How 'bout saying something useful? Right now this thread is not useful. It's providing no new information, no insight, no perspective. It's just a couple of kids arguing on the playground. My plea to you guys is to do something useful, or just be man enough to drop the thread entirely. Let it die.

Couldn't agree with you more. I don't know if this is helpful, but one thing that always stuck out about connspiracy theories for me was a documentary I watched on the other tower that fell when the twin towers were destroyed. It was fair and balanced (but not in the fox news kinda way!). They had this guy who was in charge of the government response to the attacks. He was talking about how he was getting hate mail and nasty phone calls from people accusing him of being part of the cover up. He was a quiet kind of guy so he wasn't getting angry about it or anything like that, but you could definitely see it was getting to him.

So here's my question, where does the conspiracy end? Is everybody involved?

Conspiracies never end. Conspiracy theorists manufacture their resources. How do you argue with people who simply "make shit up"? Skeptics rest their arguments on facts. Conspiracy theorists cherry pick in order to give their argument the appearance of credibility. The majority of conspiracy theorists I've been unfortunate to come across aren't even selective of the bunk they buy into.

In my opinion. There may be the possibility of some "truth*" behind some cases. Unfortunately, they suffer from what I like to call the "conspiracy chinese whispers."

A monkey fell out of the tree.

A monkey fell out of the tree because the NWO and Illuminati plotted against it.

A monkey fell out of the tree because the NWO and Illuminati plotted against it and the heads of the Bohemian Club sided with the creationists and decided to kill the monkey.

etc etc etc to infinity and beyond.

I love conspiracy theories as much as the next guy, unfortunately, bullshit seems to be the main foundation these theories are built upon. The people who support these theories are often idealistic antigovernment and anticorporation types who thrive on speculation and paranoia.

When your life blows, why take personal accountability? Just blame the NWO.

* - perception of truth

Conspiracies never end. Conspiracy theorists manufacture their resources. How do you argue with people who simply "make shit up"? Skeptics rest their arguments on facts. Conspiracy theorists cherry pick in order to give their argument the appearance of credibility. The majority of conspiracy theorists I've been unfortunate to come across aren't even selective of the bunk they buy into.

And another problem is that whenever you offer contrary information that is a more plausible explanation than their conspiracy theory, they just sccuse you of being part of the conspiracy, or that you are not informed enough to know the truth. I just love how the antimasonic idiots do this to us freemasons.

And another problem is that whenever you offer contrary information that is a more plausible explanation than their conspiracy theory, they just sccuse you of being part of the conspiracy, or that you are not informed enough to know the truth. I just love how the antimasonic idiots do this to us freemasons.

my thoughts were in jose's camp until i actually researched 9/11 events instead of listening to what was said on tv or what i read in the 9/11 commission report.

there is more proof/evidence of an inside job than what is offered as the official explanation... of course it helps the official story when they do not include important evidence in their report.

dig deeper jose and you will change your mind just like i did.

The problem with digging deep into bullshit is that I'm allergic to peanuts.

or maybe you just hate to be wrong... thats the difference... i do not mind being wrong, if it had not been for my metal working experience i would still believe the official fairy tale that fire brought down the 3 buildings and that a couple nut jobs with box cutters bypassed the pentagon radar, crippled the missile defense systems, flew inches off the grass, folded its wings up and squeezed thru a 16 foot hole.... right... and the easter bunny is real!

Back