• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The horrible truth about the horrible truth

Free episodes:

About that knap sack. It comes from an old joke about a crashing airplane with you, a hippie, Henry Kissinger, and Richard Nixon on the plane along with four parachutes. The pilot comes back to the passenger cabin, says the plane is going to crash, grabs a parachute, and jumps. Nixon says, 'Well, I'm the leader of the Free World. I must survive. He grabs a parachute and jumps. Then Henry Kissinger says, "I'm the smartes man in the world. I must live." So he grabs a parachute and jumps. You say to the hippie, "Whar are we going to do?" he says, "Don't worry, man. The smartest man in the world just jumped from this plane with my knap sack."

I was hoping someone would get it, but the jpke is probably too lame to remember. Sorry.
The thought of Henry Kissinger shaped crater makes me bubble with joy.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I remember that old joke! It's also been a long time since i heard someone use the word "knap sack"!

Schuyler well done, by the way, on your listener's round table last week, in fact well done by all!!!:):):)

As both a freemason (32nd Degree) and a Knight Templar, I can personally attest that the persistent conspiracy accusations of world domination is hogwash.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

What time is it?

Pfff...

Everyone knows you don't learn anything until your 33rd Degree. Try again, Stonecutter! :D

*WE DO! WE DO!*

Actually, the 33rd degree is purely an honary degree that is bestowed on Scottis Rite Masons who have done something extraordinary to support the Rite (such as philantropy). It is gained only from the Scottish Rite side of freemasonry -- of which there are two equal paths, the Scottish Rite and the York Rite. The notion that the 33rd degree contains some "secret" not obtainable in the other degrees is nonsense, and only perpetrated by people that don't know any better. The Capstone of the Scottish Rite is the 32 degree and it is called Master od the Royal Secret. The capstone in the York Rite, which is the other Freemasonry path is called the Order of the Knight Templar, of which I also belong.

Actually, the 33rd degree is purely an honary degree that is bestowed on Scottis Rite Masons who have done something extraordinary to support the Rite (such as philantropy). It is gained only from the Scottish Rite side of freemasonry -- of which there are two equal paths, the Scottish Rite and the York Rite. The notion that the 33rd degree contains some "secret" not obtainable in the other degrees is nonsense, and only perpetrated by people that don't know any better. The Capstone of the Scottish Rite is the 32 degree and it is called Master od the Royal Secret. The capstone in the York Rite, which is the other Freemasonry path is called the Order of the Knight Templar, of which I also belong.
Careful how many secrets you reveal, there. We don't want to find you swinging under a bridge.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

True about being a member of the stonemasons and a knight templar? Okay, so I don't buy the theory that you guys rule the world, but what's the story with you guys??

Do tell

Well, of course there are tons and tons of materials out there on the origins of Freemasonry and the meanings behind the craft -- most of it is pure rubbish. So, here is my cliffnotes according to me: Freemasonry began in the guilds of the stonemasons during the middle ages in Europe. These guilds had developed architectural techniques that required years of apprenticeships and training, just like blacksmiths, leatherworkers, carpenters, etc.

Separately, the Knights Templar, through their work in the Middle East came into contact with secrets and knowledge that was being suppressed in Europe – architecture, science, philosophy, and other secrets. One concept they learned was tolerance to other monotheistic thought. For well documented reasons (King Philip needed money and owned a lot to the Templars) the Order was persecuted and exterminated. What we know for sure, not all Templars were caught, arrested, jailed, tortured, or otherwise burned at the stake. Some escaped to England, and particularly Scotland. Others escaped to Malta, Spain, and other places, but these are not germane to my point.

The Templars in Britain were still being pursued –and having just been excommunicated and served a penalty of death for even being a Knight, they needed a place to meet, worship God, and pass on their sacred knowledge – which they did in the Freemason guilds (since most Templars were architects and builders anyway). Later, scientific and philosophical thought considered “heretical” by the Church (concepts like the sun being the center of the solar system for example and that monarchy should be replaced by democracy) became central tenants of Freemasonry. And thus the great schism between religion and science began.

Freemasonry teaches that science and religion are not mutually exclusive, but complementary to each other – a concept still not embraced today by most people in either group. Freemasons like Newton, John Locke, Adam Smith, etc., began postulating ideological and philosophical ideas that threatened centralized monarchy-based and church-controlled doctrines that had been in existence for thousands of years. Freedom became the biggest threat to these systems – as it remains the biggest threat to ALL authoritarian and totalitarian regimes (today’s Middle East for example?). Eventually, when the American colonies were formed, they were flooded with people seeking to leave the persecution in Europe for their ideas on freedom -- and many of these colonist were Freemasons.

People like George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson (who was raised a Freemason in France) were the Freemasons that codified the central tenants of Freemasonry – freedom and liberty – into the founding philosophies in America. So America IS (the one envisioned in the Constitution) the “Great Society” epitomized in Freemasonry. So, to know what Freemasonry is about, one need look no further than the vision that was put into words by the Founding Fathers of our nation. AND, any deviations from the vision can be loosely defined as “anti-Masonic”. In short, the notion that the Freemasons are part of some cabal bent on enslaving people and limiting freedom is totally rubbish.ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

Careful how many secrets you reveal, there. We don't want to find you swinging under a bridge.
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
LOL, Skunkape, I thought for sure you'd be happy to see me hanging from a bridge.

I come from several generations of Masons and Eastern Stars. I grew up being taken to Installations (and rehearsals for them) to such a degree, I was sick of 'em! I remember gazing admiringly at the Eastern Star's star-shaped, jewel-encrusted scepter. :rolleyes:

My father was a Shriner, my brother is, all my grandparents, aunts, uncles on both sides were Masons/Eastern Stars.

So far, I'm the only one that has 'broken the chain'! :D

Sgt. Rock, thanks for that.

I think ppl are in desperate need for a literal mythology, which is why anything with a whif of secretly is treated like that IMO.

Here's a great little bit of wisdom from ancient thought that might help a ppl a little - try not being so literal, allow your collective and personal mythologies to be allegorical, rather than literal. That's why I think ppl need to do some serious looking into conspiracy theories in general. All of the big ones seem to go like, "Bad ppl have been pulling strings behind sealed curtains, and that's why the world is the way it is, why all the BIG bad things happen."

Most of the woes of the world are as plain as day in hind sight. But I dare anyone to accurately predict world events 10 yrs from now. Perhaps they may catch a glimpse as some ppl seem to be able to do that, but my point is this: nothing is set in stone before it actually happens. The world is the way it is because of numerous events that led to this moment, with literally billions of individuals who can do things which can change any facet of the future in any number of unforeseeable ways. We can change things for ourselves, make our own lives and some others that you meet better and more interesting. But, past that, the history of counries, of large groups of ppl, is essentially unknowable before it actually happens. Even if someone calls some great change that is on the horizon, they can't call all the effects and outcomes of this change. Chaos grows out of complex systems. Chaos is never chaos in hindsight. Large groups, countries, the world, all are complex systems. No one controls the world, no one can, and thnk Fuck for that!

What's your view on UFOs incidentally?

Sgt. Rock, thanks for that.

What's your view on UFOs incidentally?

Wow, now that would take some time to explain. In short, and this is the brief version, I tend to lean more toward Jacques Valee. I am a skeptic, but NOT a debunker. I am totally comfortable with saying "I don't know" when something is truly perplexing. I think there is not enough research being done on physical evidence. I think almost (but not) all sightings can be explained with conventional explanations. Things I want to know: 1) why has the reporting of this phenomena evolved from sightings of craft, to landings, to human interaction, to abduction, and back to sightings again? 2) What is really happening to cows? Are thre scientific explanations for ALL mutulations? If so what are they? Are there really cows found in craters indicating they were dropped from the sky? If so, what is the explanation? Are there really reports of Human mutilations? If so, what are they? What are those explanations? 3) Why do we know more about the surface of the moon than we do about the functioning of the human brain?

3) Why do we know more about the surface of the moon than we do about the functioning of the human brain?

THE most critical question IMO. I to would lean towards Vallee - credible and sensible. Carl Jung's idea of synchronicity to me may go some way towards an explanation towards UFOs. I think that it is next to impossible to be 100 % objective about reality because we are embedded within it. Our minds are not an abnormality of nature.

Why do we know more about the surface of the moon than we do about the functioning of the human brain?

Off hand, it probably has something to do with the fact that we can see the moon whereas the ability to see (and thus study) the brain in a living human is a relatively recent achievement. In fact, I just saw a news item a week ago about this new super high resolution MRI that's literally a helmet the patient wears. It's estimated to be 10x more accurate and is already providing new insights. Give it time.

Off hand, it probably has something to do with the fact that we can see the moon whereas the ability to see (and thus study) the brain in a living human is a relatively recent achievement. In fact, I just saw a news item a week ago about this new super high resolution MRI that's literally a helmet the patient wears. It's estimated to be 10x more accurate and is already providing new insights. Give it time.

I'd have to disagree with you there. I don't think that MRI scans and such will unlock any secrets other than "this part of your brain becomes active when you feel happy, etc." Science is the tool - wisdom is inferred. There will always be questions about consciousness IMO.

I often wonder why people waste their time with conspiracy theories. Seems people are being less selective about what conspiracy they buy into these days.

I often wonder why people waste their time with conspiracy theories. Seems people are being less selective about what conspiracy they buy into these days.

That's not really surprising given that thanks to guys like Bill Cooper, Jordan Maxwell, Michael Tsarion and David Icke most indivdual conspiracies have been absorbed into one huge omni-conspiracy.

I buy into the theory that Jose Collado is a Reptillian Satanist who eats babies for the new world thingee. For more info and a special degree, send me 10 dollars.
See how easy that was. All I have to do is click 'Submit Reply' and I have got myself a conspiracy theory started.

I buy into the theory that Jose Collado is a Reptillian Satanist who eats babies for the new world thingee. For more info and a special degree, send me 10 dollars.
See how easy that was. All I have to do is click 'Submit Reply' and I have got myself a conspiracy theory started.

So., he's a mason too?

All I have to do is click 'Submit Reply' and I have got myself a conspiracy theory started.

My theory is that "skunkape" is really an anagram for "peak sunk". I demand to know sir, what mountain did you sink?!

Pffft! I just stumbled across a hidden message in the local newspaper.

Page 1 article titled - Innocent Criminals
Page 5 article titled - Lending a helping hand
Page 37 advert titled - Labrador Puppies
Page 36 advert titled - Undercover Shade Cloth
Page 3 article titled - Make Your Mark
Page 5 advert text - In Stock Now
Page 17 article text - NSW coroner advised...
Page 2 advert titled - Advertise HERE
Page 12 article titled - The Financial Crisis
Page 38 advert titled - Indoor Pools

That clearly spells ILLUMINATI.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

what is the point of having a theory about all "conspiracy theories"? the entire term is just a tool for dismissing discussion of some realities that people find very troubling, and so for mental comfort people link serious discussion of things like assassination and financial manipulation to moon landing hoaxes and reptilian imposters. why not just throw away the crutch of "conspiracy theories" and look at individual cases in an objective light? belief that there are "conspiracy theories" is one of the greatest superstitions these days.

Back