• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The horrible truth about the horrible truth

Free episodes:

Conspiracy theories are a lot like masturbation. It may be fun, but it really doesn't get you anywhere.

The only conspiracy theory I really ever talk about is Japans underground robot army, but that's more for fun than anything.

gundam1.jpg

Conspiracy theories are a lot like masturbation. It may be fun, but it really doesn't get you anywhere.

yes, sometimes it does.
btw- the European Union was a conspiracy theory for a long time...

yes, sometimes it does.

Yes, but the EU was going to happen at some point in time regardless. Just like a one world govt. or NWO as some people like to say will eventually be a reality. As the world gets smaller, the people will be controlled by fewer people.

Whether or not this NWO exists now, I'd have to be inclined to say no, and in all reality, it isn't a subject that I really care about.

Yes, but the EU was going to happen at some point in time regardless. Just like a one world govt. or NWO as some people like to say will eventually be a reality. As the world gets smaller, the people will be controlled by fewer people.

Whether or not this NWO exists now, I'd have to be inclined to say no, and in all reality, it isn't a subject that I really care about.

maybe you should.

yes, sometimes it does.
You mentioned that before. But what does that prove? Read some history and you'll see that it was born out of the aftermath of WWII, when most of Europe lay in ruins. People looked around and thought to themselves that this cannot happen again. We must start trying to help each other. The EU has done a lot of good - farmers get all sorts of incentives, as does many other sorts of industry. If it wasn't for the EU, Ireland, my home country, would still be the kind of economic backwater that it was in the sixties.

Now, of course there are fears that the EU will go too far and perhaps become an America-like entity, or worse. But, for God's sake, that is by no means a foregone conclusion. Conspiracy is to not only expect the worse, but see it as a foregone conclusion, with shadowy figures steering it that way.

Besides, I can't see europe going the way of America, because I think we have the benefit of history - hundreds of years of war has made sure of that.

i feel much better about a North American Union... thanks.

now about that one box cutter that was more powerful than our nations defense systems...:confused:
why don't we just arm all of our troops, law enforcement and emergency responders with 100's of 1,000's of box cutters... no one could touch us...:rolleyes:

or maybe you just hate to be wrong... thats the difference... i do not mind being wrong, if it had not been for my metal working experience i would still believe the official fairy tale that fire brought down the 3 buildings and that a couple nut jobs with box cutters bypassed the pentagon radar, crippled the missile defense systems, flew inches off the grass, folded its wings up and squeezed thru a 16 foot hole.... right... and the easter bunny is real!

Wrong about....what exactly? So you're a qualified structural engineer?

Wow, you believe in the Easter Bunny? Who'd a thunk it.

The only conspiracy theory I really ever talk about is Japans underground robot army, but that's more for fun than anything.

gundam1.jpg

Dude, you know too much. I suggest you go into hiding!

Those robots are no match for the Panda Mech

pandaz.jpg

Jose,

I think you are a “debunker” rather then a skeptical thinker. Based on your rhetoric, attitude, and even in your dang avatar it speaks to me that you would rather “know it all” and snicker then have an actual debate. You probably are a good guy, but that is my observation based on what you have said so far. I mean you created a thread recently about “creating your own conspiracy theory” that means any of the social and geo-political topics that come up are a joke to you. If you have your mind made up, then cool. Just be honest with yourself, more so then random folks on the internet.

If you truly wish to engage in an honest debate that you consider (laugh and snicker) as an egregious “Conspiracy Theory” then bring it up in another thread and if it is one that I strongly disagree with your assessment then I will reply to it and enter a good, civil debate if you take it seriously. Otherwise, you come off like a “James Randi” type who is eager to “debunk” people on anything to either boost their ego or continue a way of false intellectual thinking of “knowing it all” instead of taking actual information, disseminating it, and making sense of fact or fiction.

If I am wrong about you, your rhetoric, even your avatar here then please show me otherwise. Pick a topic, post it in a new thread here, and let’s have a debate.

Fair enough?

Cottonzway, I wrote a long response then edited it realising I'd keep to David's advice and just ignore it all.

You want a debate...how about you take a look at the posts I've made in this conspiracy theories section. You'll see the debates attempting to support this woo have hit a brick wall.

I'm not here to fight with anyone.

Cottonzway, I wrote a long response then edited it realising I'd keep to David's advice and just ignore it all.

You want a debate...how about you take a look at the posts I've made in this conspiracy theories section. You'll see the debates attempting to support this woo have hit a brick wall.

yet you do not ignore it. i believe you are unable to debate 9/11 events because you know nothing about them.

If I was looking to fight I would have just cursed at you. :D

If I am wrong about you. then I'll apologize. Maybe we will both learn something? Here, I'll pick a topic. Globalization, (i.e. "New World Order").

Tell me what you think is bogus about this and we'll go from there.

i believe you are unable to debate 9/11 events because you know nothing about them.

Tsk, tsk. What is it they say about assumptions? Seems to be a common theme with your posts. "You believe" I am unable to debate 9/11? I'm sorry, where exactly have I mentioned 9/11? Where is it stated I am an authority in 9/11? You "believe". Yes, that is the problem here.

Is this some kind of spontaneous argument? Did I miss the beginning and the plot to this story? That's very "conspiracy" of you to begin an argument at the conclusion. Quite fitting. Do you often try to make irrelevant, vague, random points? Oooh! Oooooh! Can I join in? Please?

If I am wrong about you. then I'll apologize. Maybe we will both learn something? Here, I'll pick a topic. Globalization, (i.e. "New World Order").

Tell me what you think is bogus about this and we'll go from there.

Bogus about? NWO? Thats a cool Ministry song. Nothing bogus about that. Wait, are you and pixelsmith part of the same vague, randomness club? Do you have a secret handshake? It's a good thing neither of you work in journalism. Effectively structuring questions isn't your forté.

I know, how about I give you guys a leg up. Why not continue the "debate" you're both desperate for in the conspiracy threads I have already posted on? You know, the one's you both conveniently ignore.

Strap on those tinfoil hats and get posting.

Real mature, Jose.

You obviously did not prove me wrong and only further made it clear that you have no interest in doing anything other then acting as a snickering debunker. If that is your thing, then fine. Just be honest with yourself.

see... all show no go. ::)

http://forum.theparacast.com/conspiracy-theories-f11/whats-the-typical-view-of-chem-trails-around-here-t4438/

Care to be a fish in my barrel whilst I reload? Don't forget your tinfoil hat.

Real mature, Jose.

You obviously did not prove me wrong and only further made it clear that you have no interest in doing anything other then acting as a snickering debunker. If that is your thing, then fine. Just be honest with yourself.

A debunker is an individual who discredits and exposes claims as being false, exaggerated or pretentious. I assume you've got a problem with skepticism right?

Poor you.

A debunker is an individual who discredits and exposes claims as being false, exaggerated or pretentious. I assume you've got a problem with skepticism right? Poor you.

Uh, not exactly. In this field, at least, the two terms are not synonymous. A 'skeptic' is one who doubts accepted beliefs. Pretty much everyone here claims to be skeptical. Whether they really are or not is another issue.

A 'debunker,' on the other hand, is one who uses scorn, derision, and ridicule and will not accept any proof at all, no matter what. Phil Klass, for example, was a debunker. If he couldn't pass off UFOs as 'plasma' then he would engage in personal attacks against individuals, such as he did with James MacDonald, certainly his intellectual equal in every respect.

I'm not taking a position either way on you folks' actual issue, but you are still acting like kids on a playground. You've both drawn lines in the sand here an no one will cross either one. You're not getting anywhere. This is all noise and no signal. You're both looking like fools.

I vote this the stupidist thread on the Paracast. Now who is going to exhibit the maturity of walking away from it? Don't try to get the last word in. Let this be the last word. Just walk away from this. Let it die. I double dog dare you!

Uh, not exactly. In this field, at least, the two terms are not synonymous. A 'skeptic' is one who doubts accepted beliefs.

That's incorrect. I know skeptics who believe in goD. They don't doubt that accepted belief.

A skeptic is happy to be proven wrong. That's why they're skeptics and not cynics. Skeptics have no issue with belief. If people can provide usfficient proof that meets the protocols that qualify it as such, then a skeptic will accept it.

Back