• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Greatest Financial Theft in the History of Man

There used to be a time when people would go into politics because it was the honorable thing to do. They were the best and the brightest who wanted to serve and make a difference. Now it seems that the only motivation is money. I look at the political elites that we have running the country on both sides of the aisle and I don't know how it can survive the next 20 years. I think it would take a miracle to change the political landscape here. The system is so corrupt so fraudulent that you can't even attempt to step into political arena without a great deal of money and someone with special interests backing you. The media is in the hands of the government and the government is in the hands of multi-national corporations who are truly running the show. They have no allegiance to anything other than power and profit. Go ahead and vote, see if it makes any difference. Republicans, Democrats - all part of the same facade. They throw in a few coins to placate the sheeple but both serve the same master - and it's not the people.

There used to be a time when people would go into politics because it was the honorable thing to do. They were the best and the brightest who wanted to serve and make a difference. Now it seems that the only motivation is money. I look at the political elites that we have running the country on both sides of the aisle and I don't know how it can survive the next 20 years. I think it would take a miracle to change the political landscape here. The system is so corrupt so fraudulent that you can't even attempt to step into political arena without a great deal of money and someone with special interests backing you. The media is in the hands of the government and the government is in the hands of multi-national corporations who are truly running the show. They have no allegiance to anything other than power and profit. Go ahead and vote, see if it makes any difference. Republicans, Democrats - all part of the same facade. They throw in a few coins to placate the sheeple but both serve the same master - and it's not the people.

As a Canadian, I'd have to disagree, seeing what happened here in Quebec during the last election. I would have never thought that the Bloc Quebecois would ever lose like they did. But they did, and to a party that has hardly ever won anything over here. Change is possible.

The uneasy feeling amongst Americans is not necessarily that America will decline to third rate status. It seems to be that America will remain globally powerful while gradually disenfranchising and marginalizing its middle class. How much of this trend is intentional on the part of the ruling elites vs. how much is an inevitable outcome of a global population competing for fewer and fewer resources is hard to tell. But the feeling of disconnect between those who make real policy and the masses is present and growing.

Another fuse lighter is "The Smartest Guys In The Room", about skulduggery at Enron.

A good friend of mine recently as a mature student achieved a Bachelor's degree in Accountancy, as part of his study, the Enron case was studied in detail, and what he told me about it truly boggles my mind.

Back