• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Extraterrestrial Hypothesis : Fact and Fallacy

Hard to fathom something a mile wide flying in our airspace and it gets reported by one person

Reported by one person doesn't necessarily mean seen by just one person.

Only makes sense if the person is like in the middle of the AZ desert or something.

And it's not uncommon for UFOs and aliens to appear in remote areas, or at times when few people are awake or around.

Its not impossible that they have a social connection with each other though, it may even be that they bury their dead.

I was never a fan of BF and have doubts a creature its size could've eluded verification for so long. But it's reasonable to think a rare creature, living in remote forested areas, won't be known from skeletal or other remains. Humid forests aren't conducive to preservation.

I was never a fan of BF and have doubts a creature its size could've eluded verification for so long. But it's reasonable to think a rare creature, living in remote forested areas, won't be known from skeletal or other remains. Humid forests aren't conducive to preservation.
Well, my uncle saw one while rafting on the north Saskatchewan river.

My other uncle took me to his neighbours place as a kid where they would find fresh tracks in the interior of BC. Somewhere there’s a picture of me as an 8 year old kid holding up a imprint cast almost as big as I am.

Those forests are vast, man.

Yes. And you are a sample market of one person. But there are 1000's and 1000's of other people that have seen bears, shot bears, captured bears, came across dead bears, came across skeletons etc. etc.
Lee Stroud has spent countless hours in the wild.He states he has never found a bear or mountain lion skeleton.

An Australian twist.

Is the Yowie a Hoax?No. Neither is it a myth. "It" exists, no question, whatever "it" is. If not, it would have to be an incredibly elaborate system of hoaxes going back over hundreds of years. There are just too many people with physical experiences of it to be dismissed as a big hoax or "old tales". Sightings are on-going, right now! In some areas of high yowie activity, sightings are frequent down entire streets backing onto bush. Entire neighbourhoods know about the antics of these things. When a Yowie stands 1 m in front of you and roars, you are not likely to mistake it for a possum or a cockatoo. When we talk to these people and tell them that city folk laugh about people who believe in Yowies, they just say they don't care if others believe or not. They know it exists and many just couldn't be bothered proving it to the rest of the world.
"Those who ridicule the existence of the Yowie are simply ignorant of the facts".

Why isn't there any hard evidence of the existence of yowies?The only thing that hasn't been brought to the public's knowledge is a skull or body, although there are a few reports of people having shot them and the bodies carted away by "authorities".
Experienced bush people would know that flesh, blood and bones decay very rapidly in the bush. The reason for lack of photography is probably due to the fact these things are mainly nocturnal and very evasive. They are intelligent. There are not very many of them. They live mostly in areas where there are no people. Scientists, by and large don' believe in them, so don't look for them. How many city folk going on bushwalks have found the remains of a koala? Not many.

Can we find a Yowie?There have been many expeditions searching for yowies. Some have been very successful (see www.yowiehunters.com). However, if you have spent any time at all trying to cover bush valleys in search of potential hiding spots, you would know that even within a kilometre or so of civilisation, are places where people rarely ever go, and where undergrowth is difficult to get through.
In the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, there are numerous bush valleys backing onto residential areas. These valleys extend away from suburbia for 10's of km. Just about anything could be out there. Unless a particular Yowie lives close to a built up area, the chances of stumbling upon them in the bush are very small. They seem to not want to be found.

What is a Yowie?The Yowie appears to be some kind of relict hominoid. There may be more than one kind, larger and smaller. They may be descendents of Gigantopithecus, or a version of robust Australopithecine, or a mega-version of Homo erectus descended from Java Man. Rex Gilroy favours the Gigantopithecus and H. erectus ideas.

AUSTRALIAN BUSH APES / YOWIES

Accounts of these throwing rocks are common here.

Stone-throwing Yowie stalks four terrified stockmen

So its not beyond the realms of possibility that they have a tribal social system, and might even bury their dead
Yowiehunters Forum • View topic - Do yowies have their own culture?

Another meteor last night. I'm a broken record, but I think we all see the point....by now we SHOULD have seen AT LEAST ONE pic/video that looks like this one, but shows the streak of light make a right angle turn, a u-turn or just stop. And note how the camera is aimed straight ahead. Not "up" like everyone claims is the problem - which is bogus.

122617meteor.jpg

Another meteor last night. I'm a broken record, but I think we all see the point....by now we SHOULD have seen AT LEAST ONE ....
OK I think we've all got that point, but I was wondering if I missed your ideas on why we don't have better pictures, or if you just haven't posted them yet. Mind you, I suppose some meteor pictures could actually be alien craft. We don't know for sure unless it's a known meteoric object that has been tracked. I've heard several stories from people out watching the sky where something streaks in that looks like a meteor, but stops and takes off in another direction. So sure, that's probably a photo of a meteor, but then again, maybe it's not. But not to digress. Back to my question. What's your reasoning?

Last edited:
What would be the odds of filming a Concorde jet flying? Before the era of iPhone's? What about filming one as it was on fire? What would the odds be? But someone did. Again the theme here is with the massive quantities of UFO sightings/reports/close encounters/abductions - we should have AT LEAST ONE video that actually shows something that is not prosaic.

What would be the odds of filming a Concorde jet flying? Before the era of iPhone's? What about filming one as it was on fire? What would the odds be? But someone did. Again the theme here is with the massive quantities of UFO sightings/reports/close encounters/abductions - we should have AT LEAST ONE video that actually shows something that is not prosaic.

And if that same video were released today, you'd have breitbart idiots calling it a hoax.

And if that same video were released today, you'd have breitbart idiots calling it a hoax.

Right. On the one hand, skeptics complain about a supposed lack of good photographic evidence, but when such evidence is presented, it's dismissed as a hoax. If even a superficial resemblance to any prosaic object is sufficient to "prove" a hoax, nothing will ever convince them.

What would be the odds of filming a Concorde jet flying? Before the era of iPhone's? What about filming one as it was on fire? What would the odds be? But someone did. Again the theme here is with the massive quantities of UFO sightings/reports/close encounters/abductions - we should have AT LEAST ONE video that actually shows something that is not prosaic ...
Okay. Maybe you missed my question again back here: What's your reasoning? Surely you must have some thoughts that might offer some explanation. We don't really need more examples. You've made that point already. BTW the playback on that video doesn't work for me.

Back