• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Controllers-Govt. Mind Control

Free episodes:

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Back about 1986 or 1987 Whitley Striebers book "Communion" lit the fires of abduction research on the topic of UFOs. Budd Hopkins, Dave Jacobs all had been doing research with this, but it was Striebers book that really fired the topic of abductions.

In the early 1990's abductions ended up being the tail that wagged the dog for a long time. Too many automatically assumed that ET was sneaking into thousands, tens of thousands, perhaps even millions of homes in the middle of the night taking all those people for who knows what. Well, not everybody. A researcher named Martin Cannon, no ET proponent, decided there might be another explanation to this troubling aspect of UFO research. Cannon ended up writing a paper called "The Controllers." (By the way, he has since disowned his thesis. LETTER TO KURT BILLINGS BY MARTIN CANNON ©2000 --- http )

At the time this paper really fired up a controversy, not least the episode you are about to hear. Many did not want to accept his conclusions and many embraced the idea of Govt. mind control, perhaps too closely. At any rate you will have to listen to this and make up your own mind.

Now, as a side note to all this, Martin Cannon and I agreed to loath each other when we met, and at one point Cannon even accused me of being a govt. disinformation agent sent to inflitrate UFO Magazine! He did have a very paranoid side. (You will hear some paranoia in a telephone call recording he plays near the end of this show.) And around 1991 or 1992 at the height of my exposes on William "Bill" Cooper, Cooper knowing about Cannon and I intensely disliking each other called Cannon using a disguised voice and threatened him with bodily harm pretending to be me. Cannon immediately called all his friends telling them that Don Ecker had threatened him with harm. When I found out about this I called Cannon and asked him to play the tape for me. It then became apparent that it was Cooper and not me that had called him. Oh the joy of UFO research ..... It was Gray Barker that described UFO research as a bucket of shit!

Here is a copy of Cannon's paper in PDF format if you wish to check it out and now on with the show.

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/Controllers.pdf

Show Opening

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/ControllersOpening.mp3

Hour 01

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/Controllers01.mp3

Hour 02

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/Controllers02.mp3

Ew. My first thought on reading about Martin's research. Ew. Scary. Don't want to read this.

But I'd pretty much come to some of the same conclusions he did without doing in depth research on mind control. I'd become anesthetized by abduction stories until the first person who mentioned a military presence. It just sat in my craw for years until some other abduction victim mentioned it. It would explain Whitely Strieber's yoyo mentality, something more akin to bipolar disorder when I really think about it, as fantastic as the story of mind control might be.

For a short while, during the reading of the paper, my heart seized because I'd been drawn to reading Communion in such an odd way. But the worst was in recalling and relating to Whitley's description of a boil like pimple on the side of his head, something I felt in the same area near the ear, as I read the book. It was in my hair above my ear and it hurt.

The coincidence in feeling what the author described was a bit much. So I mentioned it later to two different girlfriends, each at different times, and they'd had the same experience. After each confirmation, we dropped the subject immediately because the implication was too much for us.

I'm positive I've never been abducted by anyone. But I'd never wondered if I might have been subjected to a bit of mind control. I'm sure I'll find a logical answer that will help me sleep through the night, but I'm definitely creeped out.

Thanks, Don! :eek:

thanks a lot for this. i was the one who requested this episode on your blog. i really appreciate you posting it. this is an esoteric subject that i find fascinating and doesn't really get enough attention.

any walter bowert episodes in there? helmet lammer?

or any "victims"?

thanks again!

Suspending Judgment or Knowing: Mind Control and Alien Abduction

One is required to suspend judgment on conclusions in order to consider the feasibility of alleged alien abduction. No conclusive evidence exists that non-human beings, much less inter-planetary visitors, are conducting experiments against the will of their human research subjects. No suspension of judgment is required, however, in accepting the existence of state-sponsored mind control victims.

If a person walks up to you at a meeting for discussion of paranormal subject matter and tells you they are a mind control victim, of course you should be skeptical - as you should if they tell you they have been on an alien's examination table. A difference in the two is that mind control victims conclusively exist, so it is simply a question of whether or not you happen to be actually talking to one at that particular point in time.

Full article:

http://ufotrail.blogspot.com/2011/08/suspending-judgment-or-knowing-mind.html

The subject of Mind Control is the "elephant in the corner" of modern society. Of course it exists and of course it is and has been used.

But if you think the subject of UFOs or ESP will stop conversation at the dinner table dead in its tracks.... :(

The subjects of UFOs and Mind Control have certainly been linked for a very long time. Vallee's examination of it in Messengers of Deception is an absolute must read and lays it all out in my view.

The ability to influence the thoughts and behavior of human beings through technology is an absolute reality. That is the ultimate variable. When that is introduced into the equation the possible answers become almost infinite and Ufology becomes largely an exercise in Intelligence or Counter-intelligence rather than research into a physical phenomenon.

It seems obvious that the perception of UFO and related phenomenon has been actively manipulated and controlled primarily by the phenomenon itself but also by human governmental agencies throughout history. The question is to what degree? I think greatly. Also, as current events have shown us, hoaxers, liars, and confidence men have added another level of manipulation and deception. The subset of humanity that has an interest in the subject of UFOs and the Paranormal is a Petri dish used by more than one group to do everything from divert attention from other things (historically the U2, Stealth, etc.) or more commonly just to make a buck.

There is only one logical conclusion.

UFO is a bucket of shit
-Gray Barker

I'm not gonna delete my comment above since it's the first thing that came to mind and there it is. But, I do want to apologise if I seemed flip about it. I do understand that some folks have gone through trauma be it at the hands of individuals or other forces and angencies beyond their control. Still, all this talk of aliens and government cover up is something that the average person does feel a little bit out of the norm. Also, I know we like to have fun here as well as discuss. For me humor has always been a defense mechanism. Maybe because I've never been a very large or intimidating person and my wits and wit is all I have to engage others with. But, anyway I am sorry if I sounded flip or dismissive.

Simone,

As far as Dolan's comment about witnesses being "messed with", just look at the current developments in the Rendlesham forest case with Penniston's binary code revelation.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

By the way, ufo is NOT a bucket of shit, it's ufology that is, sometimes. And lets not quote Gray Barker with reverent sighs, like he was Mark Twain, that dude was a promiscuous homosexual hoaxing loser who died of ---AIDS--- ..........

Well, it wasn't a reverent sigh but rather a disgusted grunt. Barker embodies the self-destructive and self-deceptive nature of Pop Ufology in general. I was trying to make the point that given the various factors manipulating our perception of the UFO phenomena, a true picture of what is actually going on other than that there is a manipulation of perception going on is a real smelly problem.

Martin Cannon himself ended up throwing his own research on this topic, out the window. Several years ago, hmm, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, I tried to reach him to do a radio program to discuss his, at that time, position on his research. If I recall I contacted him via email. (As an aside, I do not have a clue where he is now.) He refused, told me he had no desire to discuss it. Now there could be any number of reasons why he declined. However, having known him somewhat, it could have been as simple as his paranoia, he was paranoid. If you listen to the show I did do with him, with the Victoria Alexander phone call, who knows? The one thing that I am convinced about however is, I do believe that many of the people over the years claiming some type of interference from "govt. agents or ET's" were mistaken. It kind of reminded me of people "back in the day" claiming missing pregnancies due to aliens removing fetuses. And in that respect I think Gray Barker was right ... UFOs are a bucket of shit.

Decker

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Granted.

But there IS MK Ultra Monarch stuff thats gone on, its not a Conspiracy Theory by Believers, theres substantial documentation Out There. Ufology has and has had a LOT of Intelligence community people in it ("The Aviary") (Speaking of Victoria Alexander, that SPOOK GROUPIE). What, Ronald Pandolfi, Christopher Greene, Dick..Hall and Bruce Maccabee were just boyscouts? (I could name alot more, some or one anyway, would freak ya out). (Not because I was a spook groupie either, but because I was a ufo groupie, kinda, which.........makes you a spook groupie.......by accident, not on purpose, like whatserstillettos........)

Simone, there is no doubt that you are right about that. Do not think that I do not realize that the disinfo agents were active with alot of these cases. That is one thing that my wife Vicki always maintained, that the UFO research field was a playground for the intelligence types. We interviewed and ran articles in UFO Magazine from former CIA and other former intelligence officers. And remember, it was not just UFO cases and incidents, stuff like cutting edge technology in aircraft designs, other cutting edge tech stuff ... hell it is all running together in my mind right now.

I was just interviewed by a crew from Conspiracy Theorgy the other night on something that will be in the new season coming up. As a result of this I was going thru a bunch of older UFO Magazines, back when Vicki and I were still publishing it. One case we broke and covered was with former Aero Jet worker Lee Graham, when the FBI and AFOSI set him up and tried to get his security clearance revoked. At the time this was huge news and we broke the story. Hell yes, those guys were and are probably still playing in the UFO sandbox ... but look around. Do you think they really have to do much these days?

I might collect that story and post it here. If you are not familiar with it, I think many here would find it of interest.

Decker

Oo I love Conspiracy Theory the TV show, and I very much look forward to your role on there in the new season. Yeah, I know of this one Ufologist of whom I looked at photos of him hanging out all chummy with Liechtenstein royalty. (This was around 20something years ago) That royal family is one of these international "Illuminati" type of mystery families like Bilderbergs and Rockefellers, according to some research findings, in a thread, over on another big forum I (more) hang out on. It's good research, no "tinfoil hat" woowoo.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ls.html

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread722396/pg2

Things may not be as Cannon first purposed, however the technology and techniques of mind control are in common use today. I highly recommend Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television by Jerry Mander for a good picture of one of the most common devices and strategies in use today.

Also, a few quotes from Vallee's
Messengers of Deception on the manipulation of perception.

p.157
"I don’t think we should expect salvation from the sky.
I believe there is a very real UFO problem. I have also come to believe that it is being manipulated for political ends. And the data suggest that the manipulators may be human beings with a plan for social control. Such plans have been made before, and have succeeded. History shows that having a cosmic mythology as part of such a plan is not always necessary. But it certainly helps."

p. 195
"If they are not spacecraft, what else could UFOs be? What explanation can account for the physical effects, for the impact on society, and for the surprisingly “human” element of much of their behavior? How can we explain that the phenomenon makes itself obvious to rural populations but avoids overt contact, choosing instead to deliver is message in a series of high strangeness incidents, such as the Cuban and Iranian aerial chases quoted at the beginning of Chapter 10?
The theory that suggests itself ...Rather than a form of transportation invented by the denizens of some far-away world, the UFOs could be stratagem devised by a human group to promote its own goals. "

p. 196 First Hypothesis: The Martian Conspiracy
"The code name “Martians” …used by British Intelligence during WWII ...referred to the spy industry that had been created to keep the Allied command informed on the moves and intentions of the Wehrmacht.
...documented ...in Anthony Browns’ book, A Bodyguard of Lies. ...a remark made by Churchill at the Teheran Conference to Roosevelt and Stalin: “In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.”

p. 197
"The work of the “Martians’ and their colleagues during the war included the manipulation of friend and foe alike to further the goals of global strategy. They were not concerned with the day-to-day operation of the war. Their only purpose was strategic deception."

p. 198
"Inflatable rubber tanks, tracks left in the desert sand, simulation of the sounds of an entire armada maneuvering in dense fog, electronic countermeasures that enabled a single cargo plane to appear to be an attacking bomber fleet, …"

Something has been bugging me for a while, and this thread looks like the best place for it, since trainedobserver mentioned Vallee. Here's a quote from the notes of Cannon's Controllers:

MESSENGERS OF DECEPTION, by Jacques Vallee (And/Or, 1979). Vallee has been criticized, correctly, for including in this book invented "conversations" with a composite character he calls Major Murphy. But the section on cults in this book bears a haunting resemblance to stories I have heard in my own investigations.

Is this true? This is the only reference I've seen to this. "Major Murphy" is the source for so much of the meat of the book. I think having an anonymous "key witness" is shaky enough, but this seems much worse.

Is this true? This is the only reference I've seen to this. "Major Murphy" is the source for so much of the meat of the book. I think having an anonymous "key witness" is shaky enough, but this seems much worse.

That is the first I can remember hearing of it. I haven't reread Controllers recently and read it before I read Messengers shortly after it made it to the Internet. This would cetianly be an interesting thing to ask Vallee about. I'll have to see what I can dig up on this.

Shut up horse.

Am I to possibly take it that Dr Vallee may be being accused of inventing a source, which of course is just fabricating and lying and therefore much of his work can now be called into question?

I may have picked up the vibe wrong - it would be easier if so?

Back