• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Bloop: A Mysterious Sound from the Deep Ocean

Free episodes:

The Bloop is discussed here in what appears to be a sane and balanced way.

Regards,

Ian

I agree. Pretty sane ... and clear. And interesting to find out there are other unknown sounds that the NOAA have collected apart from The Bloop. It just goes to show again that there is so much about the deep ocean we don't know about. Who is to say what is and what isn't down there?? Good link though :)

My two cents: seismic/ plate harmonic in nature. That said, NOAA does, indeed hear stuff from time to time that they can't nail down. It's a very interesting subject for thought and discussion. I think that saying the Bloop was non-crypto in origin doesn't lessen it's interest.

The Bloop is discussed here in what appears to be a sane and balanced way.

Regards,

Ian

I was going to post that link, but you beat me to it.

Anytime you want a critical view on something that seems to defy logic, check out Brian Dunning's Skeptoid. Those that don't like what he has to say, say that he doesn't do the research, but I disagree. Everything he discusses, he researches thoroughly. I really liked his Rendlesham Forest episode.

Back