• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Billy Meier Case Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find his response strange. Pls answer me clearly
1 is the wedding cake ufo a model in your opinion?
2 did meier take the pic?
If the aswer to bolth is yes then...meier is a faud... the end.

Interacting too long with defenders of inanity can cause a serious loss of valuabe time, though I did enjoy getting a chuckle at the incomprehensible babble offered up to defend the hoaxer supreme. I think, if anything, there must be something to learned here, if not simply the recognition of that cold glance in the existential mirror.

U=U

Got it. Go tit. Ti tog.

Smile you're on candid camera.

I think all you need to do is check out Meier's beard. Known any sane person with growth like that?

Record producer Rick Rubin seems pretty sane, and he's got a great/full beard.

Having read Kinder's Light Years a few years ago, there is little to me that strikes me as particularly incredible in Meier's tale. As stated above, just because he had one arm does not mean he couldn't have asked one of his children or friends to help him out. The metal samples he handed out turned out to be largely made of aluminum after analysis. The pictures all seem to contain elements of fabrication to them. Nothing too definitive or shocking at this juncture.

It's all about the wedding cake for me. To try and pass that off as real is beyond ridiculous.

I'm trying to find this one web page that debunked that particular angle, as well as more of his pictures. There was one shot of "aliens" that turned out to be a children's TV show or a movie, from what I can recollect.

What I like about the Meier case is it's cultural place in ufology history. It really quite colorful and fortunately it doesn't involve anybody getting hurt ( think Heaven's Gate ). None of this is to imply that I think Meier's claims are true, or that fabricating colorful tales of aliens from the Pleiades star cluster should be endorsed, but having followed the story for years, it has been both entertaining and educational, even more so IMO than the Ed Walters ( Gulf Breeze ) case.

I'd be more afraid of Billy leaving beard hairs all over my apartment, honestly.

Just keep this by your PC:
lint_roller_large.jpg

What I like about the Meier case is it's cultural place in ufology history. It really quite colorful and fortunately it doesn't involve anybody getting hurt ( think Heaven's Gate ). None of this is to imply that I think Meier's claims are true, or that fabricating colorful tales of aliens from the Pleiades star cluster should be endorsed, but having followed the story for years, it has been both entertaining and educational, even more so IMO than the Ed Walters ( Gulf Breeze ) case.

I was wondering why his popularity lives on. Is it the savior/messenger paradigm that attracts all the attention, like a modern day John the Babtist? His one armed, multi-faceted and well bearded history is as fantastical as any self-proclaimed contactee. His, perhaps, is the most elaborate of the stories and has produced the largest volume of lore and mythos. In many ways he is one of the most successful of the outsider UFO artists in the inventive annals of Ufology. He stands head and shoulders above Charles Dellschau and his secret organization, NYMZA, supposedly responsible for the late 1800's airship infamy. Will Meier occupy similar infamy 100 years from now, or will he just be seen as a wingnut conartist who likes to believe his own extraterrestrial theology? Personally, I like Dellschau's wild paintings over Meier's wedding cakes in the sky.

legi_muveszet_dellschau0.jpg

Oh it's infinitely worse - I may be posessed and forced, automaton style, to go around telling people I believe Billy Lier, sorry, Meier. Eeeek:eek:

Well, you know there are always other bandwagons you can jump on.

(this one is a little behind schedule, but then again aren't they always?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back