• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Strange Glyph

skunkape

Paranormal Maven
Sometime in the early 90's I had a missing time episode...a 30 minute drive took about 2 hours. The next morning I had a mark on my left side. It looked like mild sunburn, but didn't feel like a burn. It fluoresced pink in a black light. I showed a drawing of it to Derrell Sims and got a very odd reaction. He looked me in the face like he was surprised and asked if I knew what it was. My reply was "Hell, I don't know." He called one of his associates over and showed him the drawing and told him what I had said. They seemed to know something they were unwilling to share. This made me very paranoid and I haven't dealt with him since. I've attached a drawing here, does this mean anything to anybody?

Attachments

• glyph.JPG
    glyph.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 93
Seems you should ask Derrel. If you do and he responds, let us know what he says. Thanks. Or I'll contact him for you if you are still paranoid.

I went through a lot of "alien writings" just now and didn't see a match.

Well, given that Derrell Sims is absolutely FOS, I'd take whatever came out of his mouth with a grain of salt.

dB
You said it not me. I was introduced to his bunch by a relative who was having "problems." I don't buy the whole grays have been touching my naughty bits schtick they were selling, but he did have some very interesting evidence that something weird is happening. My immediate problem with him is that he claims to be a former gub'ment spook. I don't think there is a such thing as "former". I sent him an email. I'll post his response, when and if it comes in.

Here's what Mr. Sims had to say.

HELLO JOHNHOW IS YOUR SON?

On Oct 23, 2008, at 10:32 AM, john rouse wrote:

Howdy, Derrell...John Rouse here. Hope you're doing well. I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but I came to your house a couple of times in the past...been more than 10 years now.
YES
Something has been kind of bothering me lately. I remember showing you a drawing of a glyph that appeared on my body and your reaction still sticks in my mind as odd. I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that you recognized it and kept your thoughts withheld.
YES IT SHOWS UP IN SOME CROP CIRCLES (SIMIALAR TO THE ONES IN THE 90'S.

I've attached a drawing of the symbol. It looked like a mild sunburn, but didn't feel like anything and was pink in a blacklight.
GOOD TO KNOW SIR

Do you know anything about what this may be that you didn't mention?
I SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN MADE WITH AN INSTRUMENT.

Also, I'm curious if you've noticed an increase in 'events' lately.
YES
I thought this stuff was over for a while there, but lately I've had some very strange things happen. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks and take care.

YOU ARE A GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN.

I do appreciate his quick and concise response...I think I need to inform him that I am the "jr." rouse...he thought I was my dad...who isn't the relative I mentioned earlier... I will thank him shortly. Don't be so mean David...actually, you know that's why I like you...keep reamin'em.

No offense to Derrel, but his responses seem strange, imho.

If you came to me and I reacted in any way to your drawing, I woulda told you what I thought of it, right then and there.

Imo, there is no need to be so 'secretive' and not tell you what is thought of your drawing/scar. (Is it still there?). He could at least tell you his thoughts/opinions, if he were worried he was wrong, etc.

It does look crop-circle-like, I agree. Also reminds me a tiny bit of the celtic symbol, Spiral Triskele: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triskele

Bixyboo

The only thing I've been able to put together is that looks like the sephiroth on the Kabballistic "tree of life"...the symmetry seems to be different, though...and I can't subscribe to any pseudo religion that Madonna would buy.

Did the mark only show up under the flourescent (sp?) light or just turn to a different color? How long was it on your body and is there a scar? During your missing time did you have any weird sensations or feelings? Anyone in the car with you? OK enough questions.

Did the mark only show up under the flourescent (sp?) light or just turn to a different color? How long was it on your body and is there a scar? During your missing time did you have any weird sensations or feelings? Anyone in the car with you? OK enough questions.

It was visible for 3 days as a "sunburn"...no scar...I only noticed it under a blacklight that first day...No weird sensations I'd swear to in court, but I do vaguely remember orange lights, like headlights...I was alone, but my girlfriend was pissed I was late.

Have you ever considered trying hypnosis to maybe see if that won't shed what happened to you during your missing time?

Did you have strange dreams or nightmares following it? (or still do?).

Have you gotten x-rayed to see if there might not be something 'strange' possibly implanted within your body?

Have you ever considered trying hypnosis to maybe see if that won't shed what happened to you during your missing time?

Did you have strange dreams or nightmares following it? (or still do?).

Have you gotten x-rayed to see if there might not be something 'strange' possibly implanted within your body?

Don't trust hypnosis, but I'd be willing to try a round just to see what happened...I wouldn't believe anything I said .

Second question, short answer..."yeah."

Third, "No, but I know people who have."

Yeah, I don't know what I think about hypnosis, either. Yet, it'd almost be a thought to try it if I couldn't remember something...and talking it out didn't work....

Strange dreams: Have you written them down? That might also help shed some light.....

X-Rays: That would be weird...if you ever did do it and found something...(not saying you will or anything, but....).

You said it not me. I was introduced to his bunch by a relative who was having "problems." I don't buy the whole grays have been touching my naughty bits schtick they were selling, but he did have some very interesting evidence that something weird is happening. My immediate problem with him is that he claims to be a former gub'ment spook. I don't think there is a such thing as "former". I sent him an email. I'll post his response, when and if it comes in.

I've never seen proof he was in the cia, but neither have I seen it debunked.

Sometime in the early 90's I had a missing time episode...a 30 minute drive took about 2 hours. The next morning I had a mark on my left side. It looked like mild sunburn, but didn't feel like a burn. It fluoresced pink in a black light. I showed a drawing of it to Derrell Sims and got a very odd reaction. He looked me in the face like he was surprised and asked if I knew what it was. My reply was "Hell, I don't know." He called one of his associates over and showed him the drawing and told him what I had said. They seemed to know something they were unwilling to share. This made me very paranoid and I haven't dealt with him since. I've attached a drawing here, does this mean anything to anybody?

Did you say this shape was on your body. What part of your body? you just siad the left side.I dont know if it is celt?
There is a spiral, but the design doesnt tell us much.It might be a piece of jewellery, i have seen something similar to that in our history museum, but it has been a long time since i was there, so i could not be certain if the symbols match.

Hey SkunkApe,

Back to the distinct shape you posted on the first page of this thread...

It sure looks like a crop circle shape.

I have just searched thru some crop circle web sites, and there are a LOT of recorded shapes on these. Alas - I haven't found anything that quite matches your sketch. For some reason, this seems (to me) like a avenue that should be perused.

QUESTIONS:
==========

1. When did you make the sketch from your first posting?

2. How accurate is it?

3. Do you have a photo of the actual mark on your body?

I'm curious...

Hey SkunkApe,

1. When did you make the sketch from your first posting?

2. How accurate is it?

3. Do you have a photo of the actual mark on your body?

I'm curious...

Don't have a photo...it happened in the early 90's before cameras were everywhere. I made the sketch the same day I posted it. It is "eyeball" accurate, not geometrically precise. The actual mark was "prettier". The spiral on the right section was more gracefully executed. It looked like a draftsman had designed it. The edges were very crisp.
It's funny you mention crop circles...I was just checking out the website of the guest on this week's episode of 'Dreamland'...give you three guesses what the topic was. L.M.H. got a hold of some pretty trippy photos, too. I play those guys down most of the time, but I'll be humble and admit that I do occasionally enjoy their program.

Hey! I just finished listening to the Bert Janssen interview too! He was so good about how logical voice in his head will make things difficult, and how he tries to rely more on his intuitive voice. Really important for me to hear - at exactly that moment.

I gotta say, I love the way Whitley Strieber does his DREAMLAND show. He has a really great way of going after the deepest stuff with his guests.

I've met LMH and Whitley and his wife. I really liked them.

I understand the folks that can't deal with Strieber, but I totally relate to the guy - on a level that I find hugely insightful and rewarding

Back