• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stalking the Herd/David Perkins Taping this Tuesday!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
My mentor/researcher friend David Perkins will be our guest on the Paracast. Taping will take place Tuesday morning 10-12 PT. This will be Perkins first visit to the Paracast. He does not normally do any radio shows and we are grateful he has agreed to come on and talk about STH. He has been my mentor and a close friend for 20 years and was one of the first mutilation researchers back in the mid-1970s. He was Linda Howe's cameraperson for the filming of A Strange Harvest in 1979 and wrote the foreword to my first four books. He also supplied the introduction and his insightful analysis for STH. He and I are co-authoring the followup book that will an analysis of t STH. An extra special show, no-to-be-missed! Please post your QUESTIONS here.

David/Chris - I remember in the 90's (I think) a spate of horse mutilations in the UK which I believe were blamed on a 'crazed person' or cult etc. What, if anything do you know of this?

David - I see Chris mentions that you were LMH's cameraman for 'A Strange Harvest' - did you share theories/views with Linda on the cattle mutilations phenomenon back then and if so, what in the intervening time brought your thinking to its current position, which I imagine is the same as Chris' (I have yet to read STH)?

When reading about the case of "Snippy" it was reported that marks were left on the ground causing Nellie Lewis to claim that E.Ts must be the reason this had happened.

Is this case the reason that UFOs and mutilations have been tied together over the years?

Have these markings along with other reports such as grass not growing back for years after and other claims associated with the case of "Snippy" been found in many more Mutilation cases ? If so how do you and Chris vary on your opinions of what the cause of such markings might be?

Side note : I have to admit that I havnt looked too much into mutilation cases since I was younger and havnt read STH yet but I am very fascinated to hear the show and pick up a copy of STH :)

Rare opportunity! So for both David and Chris here are my questions;

1.) High Strangeness cases. I'm asking for a gut level reaction, that your intuition told you there was absolutely no prosaic explenation for, i mean your best high strangness case.

2.) Do either of you believe there is power in sacrificial blood and have you ran into any cases you felt were high level competent blood sacrifices.

3.) Did you ever find a correlation with human murders/missing person cases in proximity to any high strangeness cattle mutilations?

Please could you explain the importance of Gabe Valdez's experiences in relation to the CM phenomenon . what are the implications for those people prescribing an ETH explaination and does this have an implication on the UFO community as a whole?

Peace and thanks for the dedication to this subject. I await STH with bated breath!

Are animal mutilations limited to Bovine only or are there cases of other animals being mutilated in the same numbers as cows?

Have a great show guys

Either chris or david can handle this one.

If one of the major reasons for cattle mutilation is done in the name of enviornmental monitoring and done by black-op type government agencies here in the US ( and maybe elsewhere ? ) why do you think that the Braham breed is still left untouched, would these cattle not be susceptible to the same enviornmental pollutants as other breeds ? is there something about their organs that would make them less desirable for monitoring?

Granted there are probably a number of reasons for the mute mystery but all involved seem to regard the Brahma breed as bovine non grata

Last edited:
1.What has been the main hazards chemicals found on these cattle mutilations and did any of the investigators have so called odd rashes after visiting the crime sene?

2. How many animals mutilations have been near Nuclear facilities for example civilian or defense ? Also did you find any vehicle interference while investigating so called crime sene?

3. Speculating : Have you done any research regards any patterns of young people gone missing and the locations of cattle mutilations in the US states?

Last edited:
While watching a video of David he mentioned that he often gets told of other strange things happening around those that have had mutilations occur such as Bigfoot etc...

What has been the strangest story he has heard in connection with a mutilation event ? He mentioned one report of a egg shaped craft with appendages ! Very strange indeed .

In in the video I watched of David talking he said that he believes that from cattle mutilations to UFOs to Stigmata to all other strange events that are part of the paranormal that we may be creating these events ourselves to further our own beliefs or causes .

What does he believe is the end goal of all this ?

To simply push ourselves to grow more as a species or does he believe that it is pushing us towards a much larger end game for humanity and if so what does he think that may be ?

In Cache County, Utah in 1976, after a series of mutilations, ranchers formed an armed surveillance watch, looking for helicopters seen around mutilations.
After police confronted several men in an unmarked army helicopter at a small local airport, there was a heated exchange and mutilations ceased for about 5 years.
I believe the government has the means (helicopters, laser cutting tools, etc.), and motive (tracking mad cow disease, scrapie, etc.) to explain most of it.
Are you aware of any other confrontations like the one in Utah?

1) What are some of the inconsistencies and paradoxes that you have encountered while pursuing Cattle Mutilations and what are the implications of these conflicting elements? Are these confusing elements the most intriguing or annoying parts of the mystery? Are they indicators?

2) Attending mutilated cow bodies over the years has to take a toll on researchers. Towards the end of the book you express some personal disgust or at least disturbance on continuing to investigate mutilations. What has been the psychological toll of this investigation over the course of your lifetimes?

3) In the follow up book what specific threads of ideas will you be pursuing in terms of "Stalking the Stalkers" and how will you go about developing a line of inquiry that moves past investigating dead cow bodies over and over again?

Why is what you do important, generally speaking (besides just being interesting?)

What counts as good methodology when studying such bizarre stuff, or can you give examples of bad methodology?

Have you ever formulated a hypothesis about what's going on and then attempted to test it or knock out a competing explanation? Why or why not?

What would it take for the kind of work that you and Chris have done to be built upon by successive generations of researchers rather than be forgotten and maybe later reinvented?

Why is the pattern of mutilation described in STH so overwhelmingly human-symbolic in nature - eye, ear, tongue, face, blood, reproductive, genital - rather than tissues I would expect a forensic analyst to be interested in (liver, lungs, stomach contents, etc.)? (My knowledge of forensic science being based entirely on Patricia Cornwell novels.)

Is there a way to reconcile apparent incidents involving high strangeness with human agency without invoking satanic cults or government conspiracies?

Chris/David let me say that I will be purchasing and reading Stalking the Herd, it sounds like a great read. I have a few questions.
1.) I live in the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania, 40 miles east of Pittsburgh.(Stan Gordon's back yard). Only being about 10 miles from Kecksburg and in an area where we witness "the early fake stare" and other high strangeness. I have never heard of a mutilation case from this area. We are surrounded by postage stamp farms and even larger farms in the tri-state area. Have you ever had any reports from this region?
2.) Do these cases happen more frequently near nuclear facilities? There are many old and current facilities in my area as well.

Is there any indication that the mutilators have stopped or perhaps changed their methods?

Have there been any "whistle-blowers" claiming to have been part of the mutilation/monitoring program? If so, what were their claims?

Has anyone ever been arrested or prosecuted in a "classic" cattle mutilation case?

Who do you believe to be behind the majority of "classic" cattle mutilations and why?

If we are to believe that the mute phenom is basically a monitoring program being carried out by some human agency, how could such a wide spread program go undetected- in that every target has been accomplished without mechanical failure or human casualty, exposing the program for what it is. What type of human agency is capable of going about this for decades, unnoticed- when even the Bin Laden procedure, for example, resulted in the loss and destruction of one arial vehicle.

Rare opportunity! So for both David and Chris here are my questions;

1.) High Strangeness cases. I'm asking for a gut level reaction, that your intuition told you there was absolutely no prosaic explenation for, i mean your best high strangness case. . . .

It's too late for me to present a question to Chris and David for the interview/discussion we'll hear on this weekend's Paracast, but I want to respond to this question with what is in my opinion the highest strangeness case described in the book -- the absence of the brain and some internal organs in a mutilated steer or cow on whose body no incisions had been made (or were visible when the animal's body was examined) enabling the removal of these organs. I hope this case is discussed in the program.

another big question bank, and for somebody who is not known to make the rounds as far as talk shows go. I hope you guys left a lot of time for questions :)

Linda Howe once looked into cat mutilations & came to Vancouver BC to study reports of half-cats found.
She suspected something stranger was responsible than predators or animal abusing humans. A year & a half ago, I myself found in Vancouver the hindquarters of a cat that had been covered over with bark mulch on my block. It appeared so neatly cut, just as Howe reported. But a coyote was seen next AM feeding on it, & I'm sure the coyote killed the cat, ate half (neatly), buried the rest, & came back for it. I don't know why other half-cats found here wouldn't have the same low-strangeness explanation despite Linda's claims lab reports supposedly suggested lasers were likely used to cut some of the cats. Any thoughts on cat mutilations? [#@%&, I just realized I'm at least a day & a half late in asking this question. The taping will have happened already. Oh well. I'll post it anyway, fwiw].

Back