• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

soulmates or reincarnation?

Bob Watson

Paranormal Adept
after much thought I decided to ask about this; I met my wife at a toy store where she worked at the time. I was returning a unwanted christmas gift. she helped me get the toy that was unwanted exchanged. from the second I 1st saw her it was like I always knew her. and she feels the same way. after I returned the toy I gave her a bussness card. I expected to never see her again. that night she called me. on our 1st date during dinner I said "you are my bright and shinning star" she looked at me and said "I know I am susposed to say something..."the relationship quickly moved forward we quickly be came inseprable. we were married within 6 months. so what I want to get is this.. what do you think?
is our love a case of love at 1st sight?
we are soulmates destined to meet?
or 2 souls parted long ago by death that found each other anew.
I will answer questions as best I can without violating our privacy.
BOB (vesvehighfolk)

after much thought I decided to ask about this; I met my wife at a toy store where she worked at the time. I was returning a unwanted christmas gift. she helped me get the toy that was unwanted exchanged. from the second I 1st saw her it was like I always knew her. and she feels the same way. after I returned the toy I gave her a bussness card. I expected to never see her again. that night she called me. on our 1st date during dinner I said "you are my bright and shinning star" she looked at me and said "I know I am susposed to say something..."the relationship quickly moved forward we quickly be came inseprable. we were married within 6 months. so what I want to get is this.. what do you think?
is our love a case of love at 1st sight?
we are soulmates destined to meet?
or 2 souls parted long ago by death that found each other anew.
I will answer questions as best I can without violating our privacy.
BOB (vesvehighfolk)

i say soul mates..

something similar happened to me and we married within 3 months... we were married 20 years then i divorced the bitch.

I honestly do believe in soul mates. As I get older the more I lean toward reincarnation. I do have some reasons for this and I do think there are some lives where you don't get to live with your soul mate. I can't prove reincarnation or soul groups but yes I do believe it's very possible. Now as for soul groups, I'm not talking MO Town. :cool: Although, there was some fine music that came out of there back in the day. :) I'm talking people who come to life together to have relationship. Some people would call it working out Karma. I'm not sure and I realize it's hard to talk about this without sounding like a new age space cadet. On one hand I honestly do believe in the reality of spirit. On the other I'm a naturally skeptical person when it comes to absolutes.

When i was a kid i would always have nightmares about driving a car and getting in a wreck..
We are talking age 4-6.. so i always tell people i died in a car accident in my previous life.. and i do have a fear of driving..
Whether or not that is a reality.. i couldn't tell you.. but a child of 4 dreaming about driving is a head-scratcher.. and obviously, these dreams had an impact.

I dont believe in soulmates per se, That is i dont think there is a pre existing connection (just my opinion , not claiming its true).
I think a couple can build a bond over the years that could be called soulmates.

Love at first sight though, absotively, the moment i set eyes on my wife of 26 years i knew she was the one.
I gently broke off with the girl i was seeing and pursued her.
That moment when she walked through the doorway is still etched in my mind, i can describe her and what she was wearing decades later.

I agree, I think it is real, although, you could both me extremely sexy! and just fancied eachother?

It goes beyond mere sex a bond that I dare say is etrnal..Heck if it was just sexual attraction it would have been over quickly...
and its laster and got stronger even after 9 years, and 3 kids.

Sometimes soul mates are romantically involved as you are. Other times they are in relationships that are not so comfortable. The idea is that each person helps the other with spiritual growth. I would say you got lucky.

vesvehigh, There is a great life mystery here. If you have ever met someone for the first time and whom you know you have known, it touches you in the deepest parts of your being. This has happened to me once in a story too long to tell here. There were odd correlates as well.

As the mystery person in my life said the last time we talked, I will repeat sincerely to you, "good luck on your journey".

the one thing that I always wonder is this : I always have told her "you are my bright and shining star" it means something to me to say it and she always feels she should tell me something in return. its just she dose not know what she is "supsed" to say...

How about a chemical explanation? A pheromone match occurs, people connect on a chemical level outside of their awareness, and they attribute romantic notions of past lives, love at first sight, etc., etc., in an attempt to put the effects of the subliminal event in context.

One myth is as good as another. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Honestly, I do have to admit my bias toward reincarnation. But, that is also honestly because of some life experience as well as "memories." But, yeah it could be chemical. I highly doubt it. But, I have learned that the older I get, the more I honestly don't know. :)

All I can add is this: In this life I've married three times, all three definitly not soulmates. This is why I'm single today ;)

I used to stare at my wife in tenth grade in the classes that we had. We didnt started dating till after highschool. I felt an affinity towards her. Cheers brother.

How about a chemical explanation? A pheromone match occurs, people connect on a chemical level outside of their awareness, and they attribute romantic notions of past lives, love at first sight, etc., etc., in an attempt to put the effects of the subliminal event in context.

Its very possible to have a great chemical attraction to someone and not even like them. So I don't think this applies in this case.

Back