• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Skeptical Discussion & Resources

Hey why does he get a file. no fair?
@Sandanfire You stink of poo you dirty ad-hominem.
WE WILL HAVE NONE OF YOUR STINKY POO FLINGING PRIMATE BEHAVIOR! ;) Seriously, I've noticed that Lance may tend to get thin-skinned later in the evening after maybe he had a drink or three (?) I'm just guessing here, but I have noticed a bit of a pattern. Me, I'm the opposite. I'm cranky in the morning. This is Lance's THIRD (count 'em) banishment and in the big-leagues, three strikes—your out. We'll have to wait and see what happens at the end of his month-long banishment period. I don't care if he ever comes back. Those of his ilk are smarmy, selective and pompous. That isn't productive, nor nice. Personally, I don't like not-nice people w/ superiority complexes. He's had it in for me ever since I posted about his debunker background heading up a boiler-plate response effort to combat positive-leaning paranormal stories in the media. I think that really pissed him off. I hope Gene just took away his posting privileges and that he can still read the Forum. I want him to follow the Lance Moody Skeptical Files thread :D

Predictably, once again, Lance has overstepped the forum limits and has (yet again) been banned (temporarily?) from the Paracast Forum for potty-mouthing ad hominim attacks while over-stating the obvious re: the so-called "Bigfoot" DNA study. I know, I know, it's sad, but we'll keep the skeptical fires burning for him while he cools his heels and learns from the errors of his frowned-upon Paracast ways. In his absence, I elect us ALL to contribute to the Lance Moody "Skeptical File." My first post will be the following story from Chechnya...

Sorcery crackdown: Chechnya leader orders hard line on wizards - Telegraph

Talk amongst yourselves but please don't call each other names and make Gene bring out the paddle... :eek:

Must be a bad enough problem for the gov to get involved, and lots of people losing money. It's too bad there are so many charlatans and fakes to give any kind of purported psychic powers or abilities a bad name before any kind of investigation has even started.
Wait..., am I supposed to be skeptically debunking this story? (*shaking fist at the sky*) Those damn bloody rip off hoaxers!:mad:

So Lance acted up .. again? Not too surprised. I have witnessed this kind of behavior with numerous skeptics over the years. Speaking to Lance when he called into DMR, he came across as very "reasoned" guy and was polite. Much like when he was interviewed on The Paracast, as a guy you could talk to. Perhaps he does indulge in an "enhancement" prior to these little incidents. Liquid courage perhaps? Well Lance, enjoy your days off and come back to us refreshed! Maybe, just maybe we will try it again ...

Decker

Predictably, once again, Lance has overstepped the forum limits and has (yet again) been banned (temporarily?) from the Paracast Forum for potty-mouthing ad hominim attacks while over-stating the obvious ...

Predictably? Are you suggesting that you have psychic powers ... or just that it all fits the pattern ;) !

Qurote From: Why I am no longer a skeptic

But such is the character of skepticism that good intentions quickly get swamped by bad ones. Look past the crocodile tears on any online debunking forum, and you'll quickly find that the majority of visitors are not drawn there by concern for the victims of irrationality, but by contempt. They're there to laugh at idiots. I'm not going to plead innocence here: I've often joined in with the laughter, at least vicariously; laughing at idiots can be fun. But in the context of skeptic sites, the laughter takes on a bullying and unhealthy tone. It's never pleasant to watch a group of university graduates ganging up to sneer at people denied their advantages in life, especially when for some of them it's a full-time hobby. It's an unfair fight between unequal resources, and far too few skeptics care about this inequality or want to do anything about it.

I never got an anwer from lance about what he would do if he saw the same craft I did...in a feild over run with fraud ppl like lance are nessery to counter such. But to be honest in every thing is it a personal attack to say you feel some one is a fraud? I think ingo swann was one I just don't have a lot to back that up...

I never got an anwer from lance about what he would do if he saw the same craft I did...in a feild over run with fraud ppl like lance are nessery to counter such. But to be honest in every thing is it a personal attack to say you feel some one is a fraud? I think ingo swann was one I just don't have a lot to back that up...

I think "dumbass" was what got him grounded. Hopefully, it's because it was used in a caustic context. If not, I can't be long for this forum; I've had sailor mouth since I was five years old.

After posting this I realized there were dozens of established threads this could of been posted in instead, sorry :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I don't like calling myself a skeptic or an atheist although others could justifiably label me both. I am however highly skeptical of supernatural claims and the promises contained in them.

Street posting this I realized there were dozens of established threads this could of been posted in instead, sorry :)

Still, good find. I'd probably have missed it if it was part of a long thread.

That's what I call getting even with a movement that often commits the very "crimes" it wants to denounce. There's just so many people in the skepticist / atheist movement who are at least approaching the levels of blind belief (in science and the authorities) and zealousness (against non-conformists) they accuse others of. Any critical thinker and real skeptic who is a member in these organisations should apply their skepticism to these guys and get out of there, to a more neutral ground.

Last edited:
I thought it to be a remarkably well done and comprehensive article w/o being pandering. This is one subject that I find fascinating, our belief systems, how we do define ourselves...and reject the idea of defining ourselves maybe because we feel it is an attempt to paint is into a corner. I like it because (at least in my case) I thought he articulated the case of many in this forum. Because it is a common theme in this forum and relevant to all of us it would be neat to make it a sticky if possible.

Last edited:
Back