• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sitchin on DMR

Free episodes:

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
A few days ago I received the newest book (the galley) of Zecharia Sitchin's Earth Chronicles series, "There Were Giants Upon the Earth" from his publisher, Bear & Company. This newest book will be out in June of 2010. I have known Zecharia since 1989 and have the highest regard for him and his work over these many years. I will be discussing his new book and will run my very first interview I conducted with him on UFOs Tonite! back in 1992 and my very last interview with him in October of 2005. His advancing years and the death of his wife have caused him to keep his public appearances few and far between. I did call him at home today and left a message for him, if possible I am attempting to arrange a short interview with him ... but we will see.

I hope you will tune into this historic show.

Decker

A few days ago I received the newest book (the galley) of Zecharia Sitchin's Earth Chronicles series, "There Were Giants Upon the Earth" from his publisher, Bear & Company. This newest book will be out in June of 2010. I have known Zecharia since 1989 and have the highest regard for him and his work over these many years. I will be discussing his new book and will run my very first interview I conducted with him on UFOs Tonite! back in 1992 and my very last interview with him in October of 2005. His advancing years and the death of his wife have caused him to keep his public appearances few and far between. I did call him at home today and left a message for him, if possible I am attempting to arrange a short interview with him ... but we will see.

I hope you will tune into this historic show.

Decker

I love the new archives much easier now to listen to your Show now Don. But Gareth is right, the Archives are down for some reason from Today. I love alternative Human History it's a passion of mine, But this has always bothered me, This "Annuanaki" and before ask my question.

According to Sitchin. Humans were created by the Annuanaki to be Slaves. The main purpose to mine Gold.

Like how do we know for a fact, that Zecharia Sitchin deciphered the Sumerian Texts or language Probably. Mr Sitchin i would guess believes in the Whole idea of Ancient Astronauts in the Past. I would like to see his deciphering be confirmed from other sources. People not interested in this topic would be the best way to go. Does this outside confirming exist anywhere, anyone know?

According to Sitchin. Humans were created by the Annuanaki to be Slaves. The main purpose to mine Gold.

Like how do we know for a fact, that Zecharia Sitchin deciphered the Sumerian Texts or language Probably. Mr Sitchin i would guess believes in the Whole idea of Ancient Astronauts in the Past. I would like to see his deciphering be confirmed from other sources. People not interested in this topic would be the best way to go. Does this outside confirming exist anywhere, anyone know?

Sitchin IS a Biblical scholar and ancient language linguist. Skeptics have questioned his conclusions about what he has deciphered, not the fact that he can decipher the text. A lot of people have, in recent years, thrown rocks at him. Well, that doesn't impress me in the least. I know the guy. Can I read ancient Summerian? Nope, but authorities around the world can that also know Sitchin ... and he has never been dinged for his translations .. just his conclusions. Hope this answered your question.

D

Didn't they mine the gold so that they could use it to patch up their atmosphere on Nibiru (??) ... anyway ... that seemed a bit odd to me when I read that. Not too sure why. Maybe since a sophisticated enough society could probably just leave their planet and go and settle on another one, it seemed a bit pointless. But maybe I'm getting my mythologies mixed up ...

Anyway I'm really interested in the possibilty that we may have not been the first ones here as it were ... but Sitchin's work never really rang true for me. Still I might just give it a listen for old times sake :D

ps there is a website that purports to show that Sitchins translations are dodgy if not completely wrong. I found it recently but haven't been through it all yet (its: http://www.sitchiniswrong.com ... mmm snappy name :D) ... there's a lot to get through there so I've not go through it all so far. However, I feel Joseph Farrell has found a better way of looking into this area by using academic translations for his work ... although his first book does reference Sitchin if I remember rightly. I'm not completely sold on his hypothesis of a cosmic war either ... so maybe I need to start learning Sumerian. Now where's my Ancient Sumerian/English dictionary ... ahhh there it is :D

ps there is a website that purports to show that Sitchins translations are dodgy if not completely wrong. I found it recently but haven't been through it all yet (its: http://www.sitchiniswrong.com ... mmm snappy name :D) ... there's a lot to get through there so I've not go through it all so far. However, I feel Joseph Farrell has found a better way of looking into this area by using academic translations for his work ... although his first book does reference Sitchin if I remember rightly. I'm not completely sold on his hypothesis of a cosmic war either ... so maybe I need to start learning Sumerian. Now where's my Ancient Sumerian/English dictionary ... ahhh there it is :D

This is the website sponsored by Dr. Michael Heiser, who is a PhD in Ancient Languages from University of Wisconsin at Madison (his credentials are public, unlike Sitchin's). Dr. Heiser essentially states that most of Sitchin's translations are "liberal" interpretations of the ancient text which enable him to fabricate ancient stories and therefore sell books. Dr. Heiser strikes me as a seriously legitimate scholar who has spent a significant amount of time looking at the original text for the Book of Genesis, among others. I would recommend his YouTube videos for anyone who is interested in this topic.

Thanks Tom, Don and Paraschtick for the info ye all posted. I haven't studied and researched "Sitchin's" work in any great depth. So let me point that out first to everyone. But i do have a feeling"Sitchin" is perhaps overstating his findings, he is interpreting certain words wrong or even worse he is making up his own translations to fit his argument.
Here is one Example; Sitchin claimed the "Anunnaki" came to this Planet 450,000 years ago. For me there is no way in hell he can know this for sure. I would seriously doubt the Sumerian's would have knowledge to the Earth's past twenty thousand years ago, never mind, half million years ago. That for me is just a fallacy coming from Sitichin.

He probably is a lovely man and he means well here. But it not about personalties for me, I'm in fact just reviewing the evidence he presents and contemplating, is this reliable information to go by?
Does it help the cause or back up the idea of Ancients Astronauts in the past? I don't know if it does that is my problem.

This is the website sponsored by Dr. Michael Heiser, who is a PhD in Ancient Languages from University of Wisconsin at Madison (his credentials are public, unlike Sitchin's). Dr. Heiser essentially states that most of Sitchin's translations are "liberal" interpretations of the ancient text which enable him to fabricate ancient stories and therefore sell books. Dr. Heiser strikes me as a seriously legitimate scholar who has spent a significant amount of time looking at the original text for the Book of Genesis, among others. I would recommend his YouTube videos for anyone who is interested in this topic.

Interesting thoughts Tom,

However, not everyone has to put there privacy /cards on the table for the whole world to see and Mr Stichin has been around a very long time indeed and also a highly educate scholar once told me abour Mr Stichin which I shall not divulge here.:cool: I will only say he has the qualification and is highly looked upon in the community.;) Hi Don anychance of getting a signed book when I purchased it ?:D

Cheers,:)
Blowfish

I don't buy the story of the creation of a slave race to mine gold to repair the atmosphere of a planet with an eccentric orbit. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why deal with all the messy problems associated with slavery when you could just create machines to do the same thing?

I don't buy the story of the creation of a slave race to mine gold to repair the atmosphere of a planet with an eccentric orbit. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why deal with all the messy problems associated with slavery when you could just create machines to do the same thing?
Agreed! Machines work 24/7 and only need maintenance. Much more efficient.

It reminds me of something D.B. said once about what passes for knowledge in this field of study. It's amazing. Many people take this tale, which arguably sounds like a poorly written episode of Star-somethingoranother, as a likely scenario.

. I have known Zecharia since 1989 and have the highest regard for him and his work over these many years.
Decker

Don, are you saying you believe what he is saying to be true or that you respect him as a researcher in that he is objective, honest, and sincerely looking for the truth?? Or something else? Just curious, I haven't read much from him because I get the vibe that he is not quite on the straight and narrow.

For me personally, I think there is alot more to the history of the human occupation of earth. I think much of our prehistory is buried under 60 feet of water and silt that used to be the coastal regions of the continents 10, 12, 15 thousand years ago. Then the ice dams of 3 mega lakes break and we get destruction of those areas, flood myths, and a reboot of history from a survivor perspective. BUT, I think that is a far cry from E.T. presence.

Especially since our knowledge of mining methods and ore extraction efficiency was ridiculously limited. If we were bred to mine, we should be bad ass minors. Physiologically, we should be short, furry, muscular people with excellent low light visual acuity. We should also see evidence of very efficient mines, ore processing centers and rapid transportation pipelines to deliver the semi-processed ore. Especially so if you had the help of advanced technology and techniques.

Instead, we range in height, are only suited for warm weather open air environments, have poor low light visual acuity. Not to mention that we have a historically demonstrable inefficient methods of mining, ore extraction, ore processing, ore refinement, and bulk ore transportation pipelines.

If Aliens bred us to do anything, the case could more easily be made that it was to be warriors or artisans not workers. Sitchen's stuff is interesting, but even the technology he talks about is state of the art 1960's stuff. Rockets, long landing strips, and nuclear bombs. The average tech savvy person can look at the technological assumptions that helped form Sitchen's conclusions from the 70's and 80's and immediately spot the problems. Knowing what advancements in technology have been made since then, his interpretations seem... how do I put this... old, outdated, and vastly insufficient to pull off the operations he assumes they are doing. This is the trapping of a technological forecaster. You can not peer into the crystal ball of plausible technology with any sort of accuracy anymore. Our rate of discover and techvolution(tm pending) is just too great.

The problem with Sitchin's work is that he is translating ancient texts that few have the skills to review and translate to confirm his accuracy. Dr. Heiser, who is clearly credentialed, has called him out, in some instances claiming that Sitchin has made stuff up out of whole cloth to support his theories. For example, Sitchin claims that "nephilim" means "fallen ones", whereas Heiser shows that the word was borrowed from Aramaic into the ancient Hebrew and means "giants".

Heiser has challenged Sitchin on numerous occasions to an open debate on Sitchin's translations, and to date Sitchin has refused.

For me personally, I think there is alot more to the history of the human occupation history of earth. I think much of our prehistory is buried under 60 feet of water and silt that used to be the coastal regions of the continents 10, 12, 15 thousand years ago. Then the ice dams of 3 mega lakes break and we get destruction of those areas, flood myths, and a reboot of history from a survivor perspective. BUT, I think that is a far cry from E.T. presence.

Especially since our knowledge of mining methods and ore extraction efficiency was ridiculously limited. If we were bred to mine, we should be bad ass minors. Physiologically, we should be short, furry, muscular people with excellent low light visual acuity. We should also see evidence of very efficient mines, ore processing centers and rapid transportation pipelines to deliver the semi-processed ore. Especially so if you had the help of advanced technology and techniques.

Instead, we range in height, are only suited for warm weather open air environments, have poor low light visual acuity. Not to mention that we have a historically demonstrable inefficient methods of mining, ore extraction, ore processing, ore refinement, and bulk ore transportation pipelines.

If Aliens bred us to do anything, the case could more easily be made that it was to be warriors or artisans not workers. Sitchen's stuff is interesting, but even the technology he talks about is state of the art 1960's stuff. Rockets, long landing strips, and nuclear bombs. The average tech savvy person can look at the technological assumptions that helped form Sitchen's conclusions from the 70's and 80's and immediately spot the problems. Knowing what advancements in technology have been made since then, his interpretations seem... how do I put this... old, outdated, and vastly insufficient to pull off the operations he assumes they are doing. This is the trapping of a technological forecaster. You can not peer into the crystal ball of plausible technology with any sort of accuracy anymore. Our rate of discover and techvolution(tm pending) is just too great.

I happen to agree with lot of your post here. If there was a major flood that impacted the Planet before Recorded History Ron (12,000 YEARS AGO) The ending of the last "Ice Age" would explain why there is this myths. The Fact is, Many Lands that were once above sea level in the past are now below current sea levels of today. But Ron in saying that there still plenty of mysteries that can be found on land like "Puma Punku" and the "Pyramid.

I wanted to go into more depth here with the discussion, but it's late here and i need my rest. So my last point. I Think if Aliens bred us Humans long ago. I would agree with you. It was for some other reason then us being just mere Slaves.

The human is a complex animal and we are not one Dimensional Folks. If the Annunaki created us they would have realised the potential of the Human being to adapt to circumstances and challenges that are put in there way. A slave being has to been controlled. A creator usually understands their creation. So therefore i think the "Annunaki would have created something entirely different to the Human being. If all they wanted was Gold.

Don, are you saying you believe what he is saying to be true or that you respect him as a researcher in that he is objective, honest, and sincerely looking for the truth?? Or something else? Just curious, I haven't read much from him because I get the vibe that he is not quite on the straight and narrow.

I have known Z. Sitchin for over 20 years. I have "broken bread" with him, spent many hours speaking to him about his thesis and have read every book he has written. Do I think he is "on the straight and narrow?" Yes I do and he is a meticulous researcher especially when it comes to translations. Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned Sitchin as having translated the term Nefilim as "fallen". This is one term that I specifically asked him about and every time he translated it as "Those who from Heaven to Earth came." As a matter of fact in my first radio interview I conducted with Zecharia (which I just used the other evening) that is one thing I covered with him.

I tried to contact Heiser <sp?> in the past to interview him and speak to him directly to get him to explain to me what his main bone of contention is with Sitchin.

Do I think Zecharia Sitchin is on to something with his thesis about the ancients and human appearing ET's that "lowered the arts of civilization" from Heaven to Earth? Yes I do. There is too much information to go over again here right now that makes me think he is on to something with this. Can I read Summerian? No I can't. Do I have "faith" that Sitchin can read and understand Summerian? Yes I do because if not someone would have pointed that out many long years ago. If you don't trust his work or translations that is fine. You are free to disagree with it, but do it with examples that you can use as proof, not because some guy says it ain't so. I know Sitchin and I don't know this other guy, Heiser. <sp?>

Oh yeah, one more thing. I consider Sitchin a close friend.

Decker

Don, I would recommend that you watch Michael Heiser's nine-part YouTube video, the first of which is posted above. He goes through the Genesis 6 translation in detail, and you can draw your own conclusions. Dr. Heiser claims to be ready, willing and able to debate Sitchin on the appropriate translations, again in detail, and claims Sitchin has avoided such a debate (this is stated on his website). If you can get both on your show at the same time it would be an interesting discussion to say the least.

Don, I would recommend that you watch Michael Heiser's nine-part YouTube video, the first of which is posted above. He goes through the Genesis 6 translation in detail, and you can draw your own conclusions. Dr. Heiser claims to be ready, willing and able to debate Sitchin on the appropriate translations, again in detail, and claims Sitchin has avoided such a debate (this is stated on his website). If you can get both on your show at the same time it would be an interesting discussion to say the least.

I think this issues need to be addressed somewhere. A neutral venue like the Paracast? A Roundtable? I think any man who claims to know what occurred or happened 450,000 years in the past. Well" has to be questioned doesn't he? I respect Don's opinion and i respect the fact he is a close friend of his. But i wouldn't be faithful to myself, if i didn't question Sitchins conclusions and assumptions here.

I think this issues need to be addressed somewhere. A neutral venue like the Paracast? A Roundtable? I think any man who claims to know what occurred or happened 450,000 years in the past. Well" has to be questioned doesn't he? I respect Don's opinion and i respect the fact he is a close friend of his. But i wouldn't be faithful to myself, if i didn't question Sitchins conclusions and assumptions here.

Yes, I agree Kieran a roundtable debate on this type of ancient human history would be a great idea and lets not have personal attacks about the individuals rather focus on the material folks and Mr Stichins works are very well written and very enjoyable to read. ;)

Ja Love,:)
Bfish

I would love to see a roundtable. I would also love to see Dr. Heisers questions addressed. They really are straight forward. He is not saying "Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence" or any such close minded arguments. All he is saying is that Sitchen is using a Sumerian dictionary that does not exist. All he wants is proof that this is correct by showing him translations that would leave one to these interpretations. His point is simply that the Sumerians themselves have left us such a dictionary and it is direct conflict with what Sitchen is saying.

A number of years ago I was looking into this and decided that I would try to learn to transliterate Cuneiform. I also decided to look into Assyrian. I bought a Sumerian workbook to teach basic beginner level transliteration. I also bought the book called "Beginning Assyrian" by DG Lyon and another Cuneiform book called "Reading the past: Cuneiform" by C.B.F.Walker. I was horrible at it. These were supposed to be bone head level books and workbook. Yet, I failed miserably at it. I speak American/English Natively, England English by marriage, conversational Russian and a spattering of Cantonese so I am not completely language inept. I will tell you that this was beyond hard. I spent about 2 months trying and then gave up.

So, if Sitchin can read this stuff with no formal training, then I am in complete awe! That is truly a massive accomplishment. BUT, even if he can read it if he is not exposed to all the latest research on the language, he could make assumptions and mistakes. That said, I believe that he doe have some of it right. I think the presence of UFO's in history and prehistory is documented. I am just not sure it goes as far as he claims.

Back