• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Simone Mendez & USAF & UFOs

We must not forget that Larry Warren was also showed moon structures, but on film, when he was being de-briefed after the Rendlesham Forest Incident in 1980. He was also shown footage of a massive delta shaped craft coming up from the jungle in Vietnam. That image ( or what imagine it looked like ) has been with me ever since I read his book " Left At East Gate ".
Man, this is a fascinating subject. We need that tv special Don :D

I interviewed Larry Warren a couple of times over the years, I will have to dig those shows out.

OH! By the way, did you guys know that I was Larry's "Best Man" :D when he married his British sweetheart a few years ago during a UFO :confused: symposium in Nevada? We were catching up one night, my wife had gone back to our room and Larry's lady had retired for the evening and Larry and I were catching up over several adult beverages. Anyway he looked at me and said "Hey Don, you want to stand for me?" Hell, how could I refuse to hand him over to that good ol' marriage ball and chain? :p

Decker

How can you say its the "most likely" explanation? I swear you verge on the edge of debunkerism half of the time, whether thats just the way you are or its done on purpose for some other reasons.

Sure, your theory is interesting and its worth considering. There are some elements in the whole thing that could definitely allude to it being a sting operation. But is it the most likely explanation? I don't see how any could say it is statistically the 'most likely' when all the other factors in the story are taken into account.

Theres just too much meat on the bone.

What situation is more likely? That the NSA has the technology to track UFO's on the edge of the solar system and in an effort to cover the biggest secret in humanity they recruit junior airforce staff who have a previous history of being interested in UFO's to data input the messages and expect them to keep it a secret?

Like I said, I do not know the answer, but in my mind that is the most likely explanation. I wouldnt honestly be that suprised if it was a genuine case involving aliens but I just come from a slightly different standpoint to most people in this field.

The fact is, that this story, and many of the ones in this field are just that.... stories. There is no actual evidence that proves anything non terrestrial and until I see the evidence I will take the terrestrial option 8 times out of 10 over the extra terrestrial one as the most likely situation depending on the annecdotal evidence and other things.

Do i run round debunking all UFO sightings? No. Take the Belgian UFO situation, that for me has actual evidence. Enough radar data to prove it wasnt an anomaly, and moves performed by the craft were so far in advance of anything we have that it is far more likely that it came from somewhere else.

One Air force member with a piece of paper that she couldnt even confirm where it came from, and then she didnt end up getting charged for viewing it to me does not count as strong enough evidence.

Nontheless I loved the show as I am open to all eventualities

I completely agree that the idea that they can track objects from that far out is quite fantastic. Definitely not something I can accept outright without proof. To me, that is just an interesting anecdote.

As for the whole story... my point in the previous post was just to say that I feel you being too committal. If I gave you the impression that I believe her story to be absolutely, 100% a genuine story about a non-human intelligence coming in from deep space, then that was not my intent. I don't think theres anywhere near enough info say it was probably this or probably that.

It could have been a sting operation. It could have been something else. Is there more evidence that it was not a sting operation? Yeah, I think there is. But Im not going to say it was probably ET (or whatever).

I completely agree that the idea that they can track objects from that far out is quite fantastic. Definitely not something I can accept outright without proof. To me, that is just an interesting anecdote.

As for the whole story... my point in the previous post was just to say that I feel you being too committal. If I gave you the impression that I believe her story to be absolutely, 100% a genuine story about a non-human intelligence coming in from deep space, then that was not my intent. I don't think theres anywhere near enough info say it was probably this or probably that.

It could have been a sting operation. It could have been something else. Is there more evidence that it was not a sting operation? Yeah, I think there is. But Im not going to say it was probably ET (or whatever).

Agree with most of that, and my point wasnt to say that the exact scenario I described played out, just that a sting operation of some sort was the most liekly situation for me.
I guess like the Roswell case, this is just another one of those instances where everyone else see's evidence, and I don't...

What situation is more likely? That the NSA has the technology to track UFO's on the edge of the solar system and in an effort to cover the biggest secret in humanity they recruit junior airforce staff who have a previous history of being interested in UFO's to data input the messages and expect them to keep it a secret?

Not trying to rain on your overall thesis too much here, but the NSA and junior military go hand in glove. NSA is tasked with Signals Intelligence. They listen. By far the largest recruitment for NSA work is through military first-time enlistees. These folks usually join the military right out of high school, attend boot camp, then attend a specialty school or two. For example, a person interested in learning a language would attend the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, California for up to two years, then attend a technical school at Goodfellow AFB, Texas for several months. Immediately thereafter these now E-4s with a Top Secret Clearance are assigned to a listening station doing real-time intelligence. The amount of responsibility given these young people is immense. By the time they reach 23 or 24 they are in charge of their shift and a specific area of responsibility. They aren't apprentices at all--They run the show.

Even though these people are in the military and work on military bases. it's an NSA show all the way. This isn't the only source of recruitment for NSA, which uses lots of specialties, of course, but it is by far the largest.

Okay, so that worked. Well, I'm here at my public Library, and unfortunately now, I only have a couple of minutes left, of authorized computer time. I DID have my own internet service at home, but I chose to nix it. Lets just say, it wasn't good for me. TOO MUCH chat forum temptation.
Say Don, I have not yet listened to me, in those links you provided. I would need to bring headphones to this here Library computer (unfortunately, not today). Question: Is that from when I was speaking at a Ufo conference in, I think, it was Florida, back in 1993? Ufologist Ed Komerek, made slides for my presentation, from materials I provided him. But it was distracting for me to keep yelling, "next!" To the person who was changing my slides for the audience.

Hi Simone

The audio Don posted was from an interview you did on his UFOs Tonite! show in the early 90's. (not sure the exact year).

Has Don got your postal address? If not, maybe you could PM him and he could send you a CD of the mp3, so at least that way you can listen at home.

I thought it was a fascinating situation. I was surprised that you received such a hostile reaction from the UFO community at the time. (Well, surprised - and not surprised ;))

Okay, so that worked. Well, I'm here at my public Library, and unfortunately now, I only have a couple of minutes left, of authorized computer time. I DID have my own internet service at home, but I chose to nix it. Lets just say, it wasn't good for me. TOO MUCH chat forum temptation.
Say Don, I have not yet listened to me, in those links you provided. I would need to bring headphones to this here Library computer (unfortunately, not today). Question: Is that from when I was speaking at a Ufo conference in, I think, it was Florida, back in 1993? Ufologist Ed Komerek, made slides for my presentation, from materials I provided him. But it was distracting for me to keep yelling, "next!" To the person who was changing my slides for the audience.

Simone, if that is you ... GREAT! to hear from you. Do you have my telephone number still? If not, leave me a private message here with a number I can contact you with. Love to catch up.

Best;

Don

Yes, 1993. June I think, date is on the first message. I do not recall you mentioning getting ready for a UFO conference.

Don

The fact is, that this story, and many of the ones in this field are just that.... stories. There is no actual evidence that proves anything non terrestrial and until I see the evidence I will take the terrestrial option 8 times out of 10 over the extra terrestrial one as the most likely situation depending on the annecdotal evidence and other things.

Do i run round debunking all UFO sightings? No. Take the Belgian UFO situation, that for me has actual evidence. Enough radar data to prove it wasnt an anomaly, and moves performed by the craft were so far in advance of anything we have that it is far more likely that it came from somewhere else.

One Air force member with a piece of paper that she couldnt even confirm where it came from, and then she didnt end up getting charged for viewing it to me does not count as strong enough evidence.

Nontheless I loved the show as I am open to all eventualities

I never got charged and sent away, for anything, but I was under ---intensive--- investigation by the FBI, for about 7 months. This was almost, as traumatic, negative, and unfun, as internet chat forums are, sometimes,....so I therefore recieved my deully due punishment, anyway.
I posess (or possess, whatever..) four packages of FBI files (about me) from Department Of Justice, which ---actually--- prove my 'story', and even moreso, that it had to do with Ufos. (Over the Soviet Union.)
But you never knew about that, because Ufology wants to hear wild wooly stuff, thats very NewAgey, about "Ebens", "ETs", and their love of strawberry icecream, and Tibeten music.

Simone, I believe you went through what you say you went through. That's not an issue for me. I believe you completely. You somehow got your hands on a memo that you actually shouldn't have seen, and somehow your possession of it constituted a 'violation' (I use the term loosely) of security protocols. The story of you getting to see it at all is a little strange. I'm not sure what you could have done to NOT have been put under investigation, but for one reason or another, your handling and disposition of the memo came under scrutiny.

But you did not yourself see a UFO (this time anyway). You just saw a memo. If I can give a point to Hoffmeister here, it is at least possible this was a set-up, a test of security procedures, or a diversion. The exact same thing could have happened to you if it were and there really is no way at all to tell.

The story came across a bit jumbled in the interview. Perhaps that was because the incoming calls were not staying on track and you were interrupted so many times. I don't believe anyone is claiming that you are telling anything but the absolute truth, but none of us, including you, is in a position to determine if this memo was about an authentic sighting or not.

Simone, I believe you went through what you say you went through. That's not an issue for me. I believe you completely. You somehow got your hands on a memo that you actually shouldn't have seen, and somehow your possession of it constituted a 'violation' (I use the term loosely) of security protocols. The story of you getting to see it at all is a little strange. I'm not sure what you could have done to NOT have been put under investigation, but for one reason or another, your handling and disposition of the memo came under scrutiny.

But you did not yourself see a UFO (this time anyway). You just saw a memo. If I can give a point to Hoffmeister here, it is at least possible this was a set-up, a test of security procedures, or a diversion. The exact same thing could have happened to you if it were and there really is no way at all to tell.

The story came across a bit jumbled in the interview. Perhaps that was because the incoming calls were not staying on track and you were interrupted so many times. I don't believe anyone is claiming that you are telling anything but the absolute truth, but none of us, including you, is in a position to determine if this memo was about an authentic sighting or not.

This is exactly what I wanted to say... i'm just not so good with words

Well what you actually did say is kind of different to what Schuyler said.

But anyway.

Er... I meant thats what I wanted to say as a follow up to the other posts, not what I wanted to say in my original post, I still stick with everything there.

There's no point making snide remarks, its just a discussion forum... but then I suppose it is a UFO discussion forum so maybe a few personal attacks might not go amiss :p

Yeah I dont know why I thought you meant your original post to me. I literally thought Schuyler quoted your post in his post.

Weird.

Maybe Im really out to get you. Something for my next therapy session anyway.

Well for what it is worth, when I interviewed Simone I never had a doubt .. not even one that she told me exactly what went down and how it went down. I believed her story then and I believe her story now. As to tracking objects in deep space ...

I have some knowledge of the NSA, also of the American Intelligence establishment and what with UFO Magazine and the stories we covered back when ... lets face it, we (meaning we the public) don't have a clue .. nor could we buy a vowel .. as to what is cutting edge technology. You name it, cutting edge technology in aviation .. we just don't know. Just what do folks like NSA or NRO really do? They keep their fingers on the pulse of communications, cutting edge technology in space .. satellites that can (if they want to) count the buttons on your shirt from space. And buddy, I am talking hundreds or even thousands of miles in space. Back in the early 70's when I was still in the Army (and what I was doing was involved with intelligence gathering in Viet Nam) the stuff then made me catch my breath. Today? I would not even venture a guess .. so the idea that NSA or NRO or whomever could track objects coming into the system from really deep space does not surprise me. Do I think it is possible? Damn right I do. Do I know for sure? Nope. And! ... that is just the way they like it ....

Decker

I just re-listened to the first half because I wasn't understanding exactly how the investigation started. Now I get it. Simone took custody of this memo and kept it for over three months, then turned it in. Oops! As Decker said in the interview, she should have revealed it immediately. And as Simone herself said: "Fatal error."

These guys just have no sense of humor when it comes to security issues. I have a friend who underwent a similar investigation (not UFO related). His security clearance was in an area that if the base was about to be overrun, he had another person on base who was assigned to terminate him before he fell into enemy hands. It was one of those, 'I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you' kind of scenarios.

A small mistake by someone else not understanding computers caused him to be investigated for 'treason.' His only problem was that he understood computers better than anyone else, but had a hard time imparting that information to others (including me, who was his boss for ten years). He wound up having investigators scope out his house 24 hours a day for a year. The sad thing was, he could never make E-7 (Chief Petty Officer) after that and so retired from the US Navy at twenty years as an E-6.

It was a completely unfair issue, but...it happened anyway. It's just sad to see someone who served his country loyally for that many years treated so poorly for something he really didn't do. And, yes, I believe him completely, just as I do Simone. Note: No state secrets were ever revealed to me or from me in this discussion. Generic information only.

Yep, trying to effectively pass on computer knowledge to someone that just doesnt have the same mindset is an almost impossible task.

I have been wanting to make this comment forever, even though it's totally nonproductive and usefull.
In regards to the picture of me on page one: Doesn't my hair look JUST LIKE those office ladies in the 'Dilbert' commic strips? I wonder if that is where the artist of those, got his idea from? (Am I entitled to royalties from him, therefore?.....)

I like this picture of me better: Merely, in your little search engine-that-could, type: Saucer Smear November 15 1996. Then, click on 'Letters To Ye Olde Editor', then scroll down until you see a letter from Chris Roth.

I have been wanting to make this comment forever, even though it's totally nonproductive and usefull.
In regards to the picture of me on page one: Doesn't my hair look JUST LIKE those office ladies in the 'Dilbert' commic strips? I wonder if that is where the artist of those, got his idea from? (Am I entitled to royalties from him, therefore?.....)

No. Any way you cut it you're a lot more attractive than Alice, but I do like Alice's temper.

simone.jpg

Smokin'!

lol:

Researcher CHRIS ROTH writes:
"Thanks for the last `Smear'. First Bob Guccione attempting ufological journalism, and now you running that photo of Simone Mendez - are `Penthouse' and `Saucer Smear' slowly converging? Maybe in the next issue your front-page quote from John Keel about being `a boil on the ass of ufology' will be accompanied by an illustrative photo! ...

Maybe Chris Roth should reaquaint himself with Penthouse.

Back