• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Silvia Brown

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
I recently came upon a site called Stop Sylvia Brown in which I read about her being dead wrong about a missing boy etc. To my surprise, lastnight I caught a show with Anderson Cooper on CNN dealing with it. James Randi was on. Although I'm not a fan of Randi, he did make me chuckle with one statement. He mentioned how Brown agreed to take his million dollar challenge yet never steps up. One of the said reasons was because she doesn't know how to contact him. He then says something like, "A psychic, doesn't know how to get in touch with someone?" "She doesn't know how to use the phone, or phone book?"

To read about the inaccuracies and much more, check out this site.
http://www.stopsylviabrowne.com/articles/montel_shawnhornbeck

I wonder if Aspie (username here) from the True or False psychic watch knows about this guy. They'd get along great probably.

I remember seeing a silvia brown footage on youtube a few months ago and she was interviewing a 9-11 widow. Silvia said that this widows husband died by drowning, but the widow makes silvia aware that her husband was a fireman and died when the towers collapsed. the thing that made it real funny was that Silvia kept trying to tell the widow that her husband had died by some form of water, most likely drowning.

Yes, I was expecting her to say that fellow firemen murdered him with firehoses, and that's why she sees water associated with his death.

You should watch her on Montel sometime, it's entertaining on two levels; one to see how well she does cold-reading and two, seeing the looks on the faces of people who ask her specific questions and get BS answers.

I've been quite ticked at Montel for many years now. He doesn't think there is a ufo coverup because he thinks he would have been told about it (he was in the AF, Navy, or military etc. I forget which). Stupid and arrogant. Then he has Brown on over and over again. Time to change channels.

A.LeClair said:
I've been quite ticked at Montel for many years now. He doesn't think there is a ufo coverup because he thinks he would have been told about it (he was in the AF, Navy, or military etc. I forget which). Stupid and arrogant. Then he has Brown on over and over again. Time to change channels.

If that's true then it's doubly hysterical because Browne often explains sightings as UFOs or even aliens and Montel says nothing except "Wow." He's tv's Art Bell!

CapnG said:
If that's true then it's doubly hysterical because Browne often explains sightings as UFOs or even aliens and Montel says nothing except "Wow." He's tv's Art Bell!

Unless he has changed his position. The show he said this on was around ten years ago I think.

Phychics should be rounded up and jailed or better yet killed....
You must be retarded to believe people like Silvia Brown and John Edward.

There is one thing these people all have in common. They make a lot of money. If they wanted a quick buck, all they have to do is take James Randi's million dollar test...

They let **** like 9-11 happen without, warning anyone?

man this world if f'd up!!!

EDIT
here is sylvia's psychic powers at work with her Sago Mine wisdom... she is so good... send her your cash. **** HER!!!!

ZvjlKdFR5Qk

also... listen to the above clip.... here is a prime example why C2C lets these freaks get away with LIES.

I love how sylvia "THE PSYCHIC" browne takes a complete 180 on her stance.

Recon said:
also... listen to the above clip.... here is a prime example why C2C lets these freaks get away with LIES.

I love how sylvia "THE PSYCHIC" browne takes a complete 180 on her stance.

Prime example of why, or just a prime example? Not following how it addresses why.

Yes, I've learned about the miner bit from this site. True or False

What evidence do you have that John Edward is a fraud? Instead of calling people retarded, post details please. Thank you.

I was talking about Silvia Brown... C2C could have jumped all over that mix up but didn't...

as for john Edward... have you watched any of his ****???
I will show you a video of what happens at these ****ing shows...

John Edward is HARDLY ever correct... although he says he has such a high success rate of contact. He was on '20/20' and had success rate of an accurate hit was 1 for 45 guesses. I believe he has planted audience members... and maybe a few good hits from his years of practice of cold reading... If you think john edward is REAL and any of his medium BUDDIES... then why don't they ever do anything GOOD... PREVENT A ****ING DISASTER. I bet they sit around an laugh at how ****ing gullible everyone is as they roll around in their mounds of cash...

Their was a rerun show on C2C on a debate between a few psychics and a sceptic... the psychics had no proof of their abilities, only claims... they just revert back to all the studies already done... ONLY PROBLEM... they were done by the psychics... The remote viewing dude was the best... when asked on the show to find Natalie Holloway, the remote viewer said he couldn't because he didn't have right to... WHAT THE **** DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? If they were giving the rights, Then he said he would have to contact his other remote viewing buddies, where they would have to sit around and brainstorm... BULL****. He then said it might be hard because she might have been eaten by sharks.... WELL, shouldn't he know this... he is the remote viewing professional.

i'll say it again... ****ING BULL****.

Recon said:
I will show you a video of what happens at these ****ing shows...

I should have said... this video is of Rosemary Altea... another WELL respected psychic.... LOL.

my favourite part of the clip was when she COLD read the last dude...
I'm seeing a man "Very Black" lol. no ****. Then she noticed the dude's hair was receding, so she knew that the family contact would PROBABLY have a receding hair line... LOL. Ya she is a great psychic.

Recon said:
If you think john edward is REAL and any of his medium BUDDIES... then why don't they ever do anything GOOD... PREVENT A ****ING DISASTER.

Well, first off, we need to clarify what is typically meant by the terms medium and psychic. A medium is most often thought of as a person who communicates with people who have died or or not present in this physical world as we know it. A psychic seems to encompass a whole lot of things from being able to predict future events (Precongnition), look into "past" events (Retrocognition) such as who murdered Jimmy Hoffa to being able to do "healing" work.
So when you say John Edward should do some good by preventing a disaster, that is not able to be accomplished as far as his mediumistic skills go. I have read he has predicted things before but I don't know if any were on a "disaster" type scale.
I realize that many people are wary of psychics and don't believe there are ANY psychics. This is simply the way you choose to view it and you have the right, of course. But...here is where the problem arises. In the true essence of research into whether or not they are real, accurate, etc., is to visit a few and THEN judge for yourself, but that is not going to ever happen because you REFUSE to go to one because you don't believe in them.
If you are only looking to psychics on television and in books, then again, there is where the problem arises. (Not to say they aren't real, just that those are the ones most often ridiculed)If you want to truly find out if psychics and their abilities are real, then you should seek out those who live in small rural towns who sell nothing, write nothing and have no vested interest in anything except to help those who have come to them as a means of providing guidance. These are the best psychics around. You may ask, "why then don't we hear about them on tv if they are so good? Huh?" Well, that is the whole point, they DON'T WANT the fame and fortune so you never will hear about them. THESE types of psychics are akin to getting guidance from your pastor, your therapist, your best friend, etc. Many people discredit them for being vague and given generalizations but there are many who do nothing of the sort. "Why should I take YOUR word?", you ask. Because you aren't willing to find out for yourself, so taking my word is all you got and I don't want people to take my word. I want people to judge for themselves but most don't want to throw away money on fakes and charlatans and I certainly can understand that. I am in no way defending Sylvia and John Edward, it is just to give you some perspective to try to answer your question as to why they don't stop disasters.
Let me ask you this...If you were getting ready for bed tonight and you are stopped in your tracks frozen and see the bedroom in front of you disappear to be replaced with a vision of a major disaster (lets say a 10.0 Earthquake in Chicago)and a voice tells you that you can save many lives, what would YOU do? Tell someone? who you gonna tell? the news? who do you think is going to listen to you...you are not a psychic and you don't believe in that stuff. So, you tell no one because it's not your concern, right? After all, you didn't ask for that vision. This might give you an idea of just how much responsibility it places on someone who can see/is shown them. Just curious...

dreampsi said:
Let me ask you this...If you were getting ready for bed tonight and you are stopped in your tracks frozen and see the bedroom in front of you disappear to be replaced with a vision of a major disaster (lets say a 10.0 Earthquake in Chicago)and a voice tells you that you can save many lives, what would YOU do? Tell someone? who you gonna tell? the news? who do you think is going to listen to you...you are not a psychic and you don't believe in that stuff. So, you tell no one because it's not your concern, right? After all, you didn't ask for that vision. This might give you an idea of just how much responsibility it places on someone who can see/is shown them. Just curious...

This is just the sort of ridiculous counter point that underlines what frauds these frauds are. If Recon gets a vision odds are he'll tell SOMEONE, just because it was so weird. They may not believe him but if it actually happens suddenly they'd change their minds.

If Silvia Browne says this on the other hand and it happens, it would actually serve as PROOF of psychic power.

Let me put it another way: If someone claims to be a heart surgeon, you expect them to be able to perform heart surgery. If predictions were patients, Edwards and Browne would have a stack of malpractice suits from here to the moon.

CapnG said:
This is just the sort of ridiculous counter point that underlines what frauds these frauds are. If Recon gets a vision odds are he'll tell SOMEONE, just because it was so weird. They may not believe him but if it actually happens suddenly they'd change their minds.

If Silvia Browne says this on the other hand and it happens, it would actually serve as PROOF of psychic power.

Let me put it another way: If someone claims to be a heart surgeon, you expect them to be able to perform heart surgery. If predictions were patients, Edwards and Browne would have a stack of malpractice suits from here to the moon.

As you know, before someone becomes a doctor, they have to undergo years of training, and pass various and sundry tests in order to graduate. They are licensed and subject to various and sundry regulations. If they screw up, they can face censure, loss of their medical license and certainly a slew of malpractice suits.

Obviously there are no standards for psychics, no way for them to prove their capabilities and little recourse for the client (or victim), except, perhaps, to go to the consumer protection and/or fraud divisions for relief.

dreampsi said:
Well, first off, we need to clarify what is typically meant by the terms medium and psychic. A medium is most often thought of as a person who communicates with people who have died or or not present in this physical world as we know it. A psychic seems to encompass a whole lot of things from being able to predict future events (Precongnition), look into "past" events (Retrocognition) such as who murdered Jimmy Hoffa to being able to do "healing" work.
So when you say John Edward should do some good by preventing a disaster, that is not able to be accomplished as far as his mediumistic skills go. I have read he has predicted things before but I don't know if any were on a "disaster" type scale.
I realize that many people are wary of psychics and don't believe there are ANY psychics. This is simply the way you choose to view it and you have the right, of course. But...here is where the problem arises. In the true essence of research into whether or not they are real, accurate, etc., is to visit a few and THEN judge for yourself, but that is not going to ever happen because you REFUSE to go to one because you don't believe in them.
If you are only looking to psychics on television and in books, then again, there is where the problem arises. (Not to say they aren't real, just that those are the ones most often ridiculed)If you want to truly find out if psychics and their abilities are real, then you should seek out those who live in small rural towns who sell nothing, write nothing and have no vested interest in anything except to help those who have come to them as a means of providing guidance. These are the best psychics around. You may ask, "why then don't we hear about them on tv if they are so good? Huh?" Well, that is the whole point, they DON'T WANT the fame and fortune so you never will hear about them. THESE types of psychics are akin to getting guidance from your pastor, your therapist, your best friend, etc. Many people discredit them for being vague and given generalizations but there are many who do nothing of the sort. "Why should I take YOUR word?", you ask. Because you aren't willing to find out for yourself, so taking my word is all you got and I don't want people to take my word. I want people to judge for themselves but most don't want to throw away money on fakes and charlatans and I certainly can understand that. I am in no way defending Sylvia and John Edward, it is just to give you some perspective to try to answer your question as to why they don't stop disasters.

First off...
How do you know if I have every been to a psychic??? what are you psychic???
I have been to one... a friend asked me to go with her... I was not impressed. The psychic had no specifics to say, only vague BS, that could apply to anyone... and guess what... this psychic was from a small rural town.

Second...
I lump the 2 nut jobs Brown and Edward into psychics because they also claim to see the future... but their main profession is medium work. What every that ****ing means.
I like how you brought up Hoffa... funny how your main stream psychics and your small town USA psychics still can't find him.

Third...
Thanks for the back up CapnG,
If I was seeing disaster, I would be telling anyone I could... Saving people is not something you put on the back burner. If psychics were real, and they with held this information, they would be jailed.

Fourth...
small or city, millionaire or trailer park... psychics are not real. There is one major difference between famous psychic and small town Carney psychic... GREAT marketing and an awesome publicist.

In final...
the proof is in the pudding... they have NEVER predicted anything major... they only claim to have in hind sight. I could make 10 predictions right and probably hit 3 of them... by pure odds.

Assholes like sean david morton... are no different than your sylivia brownes and rural psychics... they GUESS. And I wouldn't even say it is educated.

Gene Steinberg said:
As you know, before someone becomes a doctor, they have to undergo years of training, and pass various and sundry tests in order to graduate. They are licensed and subject to various and sundry regulations. If they screw up, they can face censure, loss of their medical license and certainly a slew of malpractice suits.

Obviously there are no standards for psychics, no way for them to prove their capabilities and little recourse for the client (or victim), except, perhaps, to go to the consumer protection and/or fraud divisions for relief.

There are ways of testing and proving them.
get them to tell us the future. then we see if they are right.
they must be specific.
they either pass or they fail.

if you went to consumer protection and/or fraud divisions for relief they would pobably laugh in your face... they would then say... "You didn't actualy think these people are real did you?"

Gene Steinberg said:

I disagree Gene, if a psychic claims to be precognitiant, then they should be able to make a specific statement about a specific event on a specific date. If they claim to communicate with the dead, they should be able to give me an accurate description of my grandfather without asking me a single question.

They can't because they aren't.

Recon said:
Thanks for the back up CapnG

Anytime Recon, although I have to point out (pedantic SOB that I am) that the actual expression is "The proof OF the pudding is IN the eating". I don't know about you but so far this psychic pudding tastes like crap to me...

Miss Cleo found out what it was like to be hit with a consumer fraud suit, and still got away with plenty of money. What a shame.

Your point is well taken, Mr. Steinberg, and I think it's amusing to remember that Stanton Friedman has many times voiced this same lament vis-a-vis UFO "researchers."

Back