• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Silvia Brown

adrock said:
I remember seeing a silvia brown footage on youtube a few months ago and she was interviewing a 9-11 widow. Silvia said that this widows husband died by drowning, but the widow makes silvia aware that her husband was a fireman and died when the towers collapsed. the thing that made it real funny was that Silvia kept trying to tell the widow that her husband had died by some form of water, most likely drowning.

HI I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM, BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAY, SILVIA KEPT SAYING DROWNED, IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT HE'S A FIREMAN AND YES WE KNOW THE TOWERS FELL ON HIM AND HE WAS TRAPPED, BUT THERE WAS ALSO WATER PIPES IN THE BUILDING. THERE WAS ALSO FIRE WHICH MEAN THE FIREMEN HAD TO USE WATER TO PUT OUT THE FIRE. THE POOR WOMANS HUSBAND COULD HAVE BEEN TRAPPED UNDER RUBEL OVER WATER PIPES THAT BURST AND FILLED THE AREA HE WAS IN AND HE DROWNED BECAUSE HE COULDN'T GET FREE OR THE WATER THAT WAS BEING SPRAYED ON THE BUILDING FILLED AN AREA WHERE HE WAS TRAPPED POSSIBLY FACE DOWN AND HE DROWNED. I'M SURE THAT WHEN THE WOMAN WAS TOLD HER HUSBAND DIDN'T MAKE IT SHE WASN'T TOLD EVERY DETAIL.

Was Mistress Cleo hit with an actual fraud suit? I know in Missouri where I live the attorney general went after her for violating the state's no-call laws and fined the operation quite a bit. It also brought to light the fact that the accent was fake, etc... and ruined her credibility. Was there a fraud suit/charge as well somewhere?

Also, someone said Ms. Brown was good at cold reading. Really? I saw her for about 3 or 4 minutes earlier this week (maybe yesterday) and was struck that if she was a magician I was consulting with I would start by sending her to improve her fundamental skills!

I SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE NON BELIEVERS OF PSYCHICS, NOT ALL OF THEM ARE FAKE, SILVIA SEEMS LIKE SHE HAS A LITTLE SOMETHING GOING ON. I JUST SAW HER ON MONTEL HALLOWEEN IS HER B-DAY. PSYCHICS DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING THEY ONLY SEE WHAT THEIR SPIRIT GUIDE LET THEM SEE. THE WORLD IS HUGE, MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. I BELIEVE THAT WHEN THEY HAVE THEIR EXPERIENCES THEY ARE GUESSING AND THEY SHOULDN'T TALK AS IF THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE SAYING AND DOING. sOME PSYCHICS ARE REAL BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHEN THING ARE GONNA HAPPEN OR WHERE, THEY ARE NOT ABOVE GOD, HE'S NOT GONNA GIVE THEM MORE KNOWLEDGE THAN HIMSELF. JUST COMMON SENSE. OUR TIME IS NOT GOD'S TIME. HE'S SHOWS US ENOUGH TO WARN US OR SHALL I SAY PREPARE US. PSYCHICS ARE LIKE PSYCHIATRIST THEY HELP U FIGURE OUT STUFF. i'M CLARVOYANT BUT ONLY THROUGH MY DREAMS AND I TOO SAW THE AFTERMATH OF 9-11, BUT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS UNTIL I SAW IT ON TV. I WAS SUPPOSE TO BE IN NY A WEEK BEFORE IT HAPPENED, BUT I DECIDED NOT TO PURCHASED MY TICKET. PRIMINTIONS HAPPEN (MISSPELLED). SOMETIMES I THINK I'M CRAZY. BYE

Paranormal. Check out this site if you haven't yet. Look for Brown there.
True or False It's just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm fairly convinced there are genuine psychics, but I'm equally convinced she isn't one of them.

What do you make of her agreeing to take Randi's challenge, but never doing it?

Sylvia Browne in a nutshell:

Astral-Catalepsy
I have a new book out
There are no bad aliens
Orbs are angels
Astral-Catalepsy
Ghosts can't hurt you
I agree whith whatever you said
Whatever you just said is wrong
I have a new book out
There are no such things as demons
Astral-Catalepsy
That'll be $700
*pauses to drag on cigarette*
Astral-Catalepsy

CapnG said:
Sylvia Browne in a nutshell:

Astral-Catalepsy
I have a new book out
There are no bad aliens
Orbs are angels
Astral-Catalepsy
Ghosts can't hurt you
I agree whith whatever you said
Whatever you just said is wrong
I have a new book out
There are no such things as demons
Astral-Catalepsy
That'll be $700
*pauses to drag on cigarette*
Astral-Catalepsy

Don't mind Capn. He has the hots for her. She's one hot lass.

Paranormal Packrat said:
I'm fairly convinced there are genuine psychics, but I'm equally convinced she isn't one of them.

Truth comes in simple sentences.
I think she tells people what they want to hear.
It's all marketing. Your dead relatives are glad they bought ____cars. Right back after this commercial from _____ Autos.
Buy my book; it tells you how you can be a happy ghost, too.

Hey, PARANORMAL, learn how to use a computer and turn off the CAPS key for sentences. Sheesh, it's 2007, WTF?!?

Sylvia Brown is true to her last name - FOS. I bet she has brown eyes, too. :cool:

She's a harmful predator, and I wish she would do some <i>real</i> magic and VANISH.

David Biedny said:
Hey, PARANORMAL, learn how to use a computer and turn off the CAPS key for sentences. Sheesh, it's 2007, WTF?!?

Sylvia Brown is true to her last name - FOS. I bet she has brown eyes, too. :cool:

She's a harmful predator, and I wish she would do some <i>real</i> magic and VANISH.

I have brown eyes:(

Paranormal Packrat said:
David Biedny said:

PP, you are NOT Sylvia Brown, I'm sure your brown eyes are most excellent.

I didn't mean to put down all brown eyed folk, just Sylvia. Sorry!

David Biedny said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
David Biedny said:

PP, you are NOT Sylvia Brown, I'm sure your brown eyes are most excellent.

I didn't mean to put down all brown eyed folk, just Sylvia. Sorry!

Np prob, was just kidding.

Has she ever predicted anything that actually came to pass? I've heard her make predictions on another show years ago and none of those things ever came to pass. I can't comment on her ability as somebody who supposedly talks to the dead, but as far as her ability to predict the future... she's full of shit.

truthseeker said:
Has she ever predicted anything that actually came to pass? I've heard her make predictions on another show years ago and none of those things ever came to pass. I can't comment on her ability as somebody who supposedly talks to the dead, but as far as her ability to predict the future... she's full of shit.

I've seen her have "hits" before. On Montel. I've had lucky guesses myself. She could have gotten the info. some how too. Shows like that, want you to have hits, so I doubt they'd be cautious of fraud.

If Sylvia Brown is a psychic, then George Bush is as smart as Stephen Hawking.

Poor Sylvia...she's such a tool. Peter Popoff at least had the common sense to use a wireless mic to deliver his lies. Now that's what I call a respected idiot all con artists should aspire to become. Sylvia on the other hand, is more comfortable being blatantly wrong. Makes you wonder how and why her followers fight tooth and nail to defend this moron.

I just can't see that woman adopting simple technology without screwing it up

Radio Operator: Her name is Lucy
Sylvia: I'm getting...Lucy
Radio Operator: She has cancer
Sylvia: You have cancer
Radio Operator: Her parents Stacey and Jo are dead
Sylvia: Your mother Stacey says hi
Radio Operator: Stacey is her father's name you idiot
Sylvia: Stacey is your father you idiot

Here's a nice clip of Popoff. Sylvia should take notes.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

*insert dramatic music* dumb dumb duuuuuuuuuuuuumb

Flim Flam is his profession. hehe

ya know i want to feel bad for people the send other people like that a lot of money... but when your desperate and want an easy way out it can seem so appealing... it is a shame... people like this dude and sylvia do need to be taken out. we need to look out for each other and as a society put harmful people like this behind bars.

Paranormal Packrat said:
truthseeker said:

I've seen her have "hits" before. On Montel. I've had lucky guesses myself. She could have gotten the info. some how too. Shows like that, want you to have hits, so I doubt they'd be cautious of fraud.

There are probably many reasons she could have "hits". Here are a few off the top of my head:
1. The information is being given in subtle ways by the client. For instance, it doesn't take psychic powers to tell when someone is upset. Body language can tell a lot to an expert. Chris Rock uses this all the time in his magical acts. He admits it freely.
2. People want her to be right, so they enable her by feeding her information, even when she protests. A cold reader can learn a great deal that way.
3. Even if she is NOT right, people are embarrassed to say so on national TV! So they just chicken out and say that she is right.
4. She has plants in the audience and makes sure they get called on. The plant works for Sylvia and their job is to proclaim what a great psychic Sylvia is. A way of telling if someone is a plant is that the information Sylvia gives is unnaturally specific for once, e.g., "I see that you have a fiance, and he has only 1 leg and a tattoe on his arm that reads 'I love big tits'. He is a bartender, and wears a cowboy hat with a red, white and blue leather jacket." The plant enthusiastically agrees.

This was years ago, but I attended 2 of Sylvia Brownes lectures. In both lectures, the SAME PERSON was called on in the audience and the same information was relayed. If you are naive or a true blue Sylvia fan, you can say she just psychically gave the truth twice to this person. I smelled a plant, a co-conspirator, like the fake cripples in the Tent Revivals who pretend to be cured and walk again due to the Holy Spirit flowing through the preacher man on the stage.

Back