• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sherif’s nephew claims Travis Walton Hoax well known?

I saw an article this morning on the anomalist.com (linked from UFO Media Matters) about a Sheriff’s nephew from Snowflake AZ, claiming that the Travis Walton case is a Hoax and well known?

Thought I share it. http://ufomedia.blogspot.com/2010/07/sherifs-nephew-claims-travis-walton.html

Lol, that was pretty sorry. I was expecting that since the guy is from Snowflake he would be claiming inside knowledge, that the Walton family confessed to him it was a hoax or something like that. But instead it's just a bunch of hypothesizing that people like Phil Klass touched on years ago. And it's kind of hard to take the guy seriously when he starts his rant off with, "OK all of you alien freaks", can't spell, and apparently doesn't know what a period is.

Well for the record, I visited Travis in Snowflake eight weeks ago, and would concur with just about everyone else who ever met and interviewed him that he is 100% genuine and this famous multiple-witness case happened as described. Not one of the witnesses has changed his story one jot in 35 years, and they gained only ridicule and endless trouble from it.

In recent times some curious anomalies in tree growth have been reported compatible with high radiation exposure, at precisely the location where the original abduction occurred but nowhere else in the area.

Travis still lives in Snowflake and has been married to Dana for 35 years. He never discusses the event unless asked, and rarely even then. He doesn't discuss it with his kids. He told me all his life since 1975 he wishes he had stayed in the truck like the other guys, and wishes it had happened to somebody else. He's a man of very few words, but radiates integrity.

His book is good, too.

Entertaining but misinformed rant of an adolescent with visions of grandeur and angst in his head is what that was. I'm under the impression that his parents should limit his computer time just a little bit more.

From listening to a few Travis Walton interviews I think his story is credible. He comes across as a very genuine, low-key kind of guy.

Entertaining but misinformed rant of an adolescent with visions of grandeur and angst in his head is what that was. I'm under the impression that his parents should limit his computer time just a little bit more.

From listening to a few Travis Walton interviews I think his story is credible. He comes across as a very genuine, low-key kind of guy.

Walton is the one 'abductee' I find credible as well, his story never changed and as Xylo said, a low-key guy.

Walton is the one 'abductee' I find credible as well, his story never changed and as Xylo said, a low-key guy.

I agree, Walton and for me the Hills. Thats it. Funny enough, both of these had physical trace evidence as well. I'd be curious to find out what lance and Angel have to say about this one.

I agree, Walton and for me the Hills. Thats it. Funny enough, both of these had physical trace evidence as well. I'd be curious to find out what lance and Angel have to say about this one.

Those aren't the only ones. Allagash, Pascagoula, and Kelly Cahill have just as much going for them.

Regardless of how genuine any abductee seems to be, there really isn't anything that convinces me extra-terrestrials are ever involved.

I don't claim to be certain it was ETs either. But I do feel that with Allagash, the Hills, Kelly Cahill, and Pascagoula something happened that hasn't been adequately explained by anyone. Those cases transcend simple explanations like hallucinations or lying.

I don't claim to be certain it was ETs either. But I do feel that with Allagash, the Hills, Kelly Cahill, and Pascagoula something happened that hasn't been adequately explained by anyone. Those cases transcend simple explanations like hallucinations or lying.

Having met more than a few serial abductees over the years and looked closely at the evidence (especially the very striking consistency in body scarring), I have yet to find even one which might conform to hallucination or lying as an explanation. No doubt there's one or two somewhere, but that's not the issue is it?

Of the tiny number of abduction cases which have ever entered the public domain and been investigated/written up, the Allagash case is one of the very strongest. There is no way, after reviewing all the evidence and interviewing Jack, Jim, Chuck and Charlie, that anyone with a reasoned intellect and scientific mind could possibly conclude the Allagash case was some kind of hoax or delusion. It happened allright. And the Pascagoula case, and Betty Andreassen, and Villas Boas, and the Jordan case, and many thousands like them which have simply never been brought into the public eye. If it happened to you, you wouldn't want the public ridicule either.

Having met more than a few serial abductees over the years and looked closely at the evidence (especially the very striking consistency in body scarring), I have yet to find even one which might conform to hallucination or lying as an explanation. No doubt there's one or two somewhere, but that's not the issue is it?

What is your opinion of Jim Sparks and Stan Romanek's cases?

Of the tiny number of abduction cases which have ever entered the public domain and been investigated/written up, the Allagash case is one of the very strongest. There is no way, after reviewing all the evidence and interviewing Jack, Jim, Chuck and Charlie, that anyone with a reasoned intellect and scientific mind could possibly conclude the Allagash case was some kind of hoax or delusion. It happened allright. And the Pascagoula case, and Betty Andreassen, and Villas Boas, and the Jordan case, and many thousands like them which have simply never been brought into the public eye. If it happened to you, you wouldn't want the public ridicule either.

Interesting cases no doubt. Would be fun to have threads on these and discuss the cases in the same manner as the Kelly Johnson case is being discussed elsewhere in the forum.

Interesting cases no doubt. Would be fun to have threads on these and discuss the cases in the same manner as the Kelly Johnson case is being discussed elsewhere in the forum.

The thing about the Johnson case is the original report documents are available, so we're not going through someone else's filter and going straight to the original sources. That's certainly huge in this UFO stuff. That Pascaguola case was huge in its' day. There was quite a nationwide flap during that period and that's what first got me interested in UFOs. One thing about it that sets it apart from other more famous direct contact cases is that there were coinciding UFO sightings in the vicinity.

What is your opinion of Jim Sparks and Stan Romanek's cases?

Neither of them smell right to me, Xylo. The alleged experiencer seeking publicity (let alone pushing an agenda) is usually a red flag, for obvious reasons. What do you think?

The vast majority of genuine abductees are somewhere on the bar from secretive to paranoid and do not want any exposure, or their real ID known to anyone. This is understandable where they have a responsible public position or profession, which many do. It sometimes takes years before they will even approach an investigator, despite strong clues like repeated sightings, missing time episodes, conscious detail-memories and familiar-pattern body scarring. I know people who exhibit all these characteristics, and more - me, for instance.

Travis was "outed" whilst missing: the whole town was looking for him, out-of-town law enforcement officers became involved in a missing-person case, and the other six witnesses had reported what they had all seen to the police. Travis had to cope with the consequences of all this immediately he was returned but if he'd had the choice, he would have preferred to keep the whole thing quiet and out of the public domain.

Interesting cases no doubt. Would be fun to have threads on these and discuss the cases in the same manner as the Kelly Johnson case is being discussed elsewhere in the forum

Another abductee lurking on this forum helpfully suggested this idea to me in a PM yesterday. The problem I see is presenting evidence in a way which might convince anyone who has not personally investigated the case in question and interviewed the subject/s, where the abductee insists on anonymity for the aforementioned reasons - which almost all do. If the stigma and ridicule were lifted, this might change. But it don't look like that's gonna change anytime soon.

Really I am stating what has already been said but my opinion of the article “Sherif’s nephew claims Travis Walton Hoax well known” is simply this. The originator of the article should learn to spell and really read the back ground of the case in detail before publishing an opinion. Sorry just my 2 cents.

Neither of them smell right to me, Xylo. The alleged experiencer seeking publicity (let alone pushing an agenda) is usually a red flag, for obvious reasons. What do you think?

My personal opinion of Romanek and Sparks is that they are selling bullshit to anyone that's buying it. They want their 15 minutes and they want to feel important. I doubt either of them saw anything other than a light in the sky, and the closest contact they had with ET is when they put the movie into their DVD player. There's a few more of those types out there as well, those two were just the first that came to mind.

Another abductee lurking on this forum helpfully suggested this idea to me in a PM yesterday. The problem I see is presenting evidence in a way which might convince anyone who has not personally investigated the case in question and interviewed the subject/s, where the abductee insists on anonymity for the aforementioned reasons - which almost all do. If the stigma and ridicule were lifted, this might change. But it don't look like that's gonna change anytime soon.

I don't think that there's any amount of personal experience that can be conveyed and given a great deal of weight as evidence. "Abductees" have crossed into a realm of experience which most people will never have. It's a very difficult concept for any rational human to wrap their head around. Even further it's impossible to source the "abductors." So we have a mysterious event happening to an individual with no apparent source, no one to claim "hey I did it, it was me." It's very hard for some people to fathom.

I think though, that discussion of some of the more famous cases might possibly give us a bit of insight into the phenomena. Just a thought.

My personal opinion of Romanek and Sparks is that they are selling bullshit to anyone that's buying it. They want their 15 minutes and they want to feel important. I doubt either of them saw anything other than a light in the sky, and the closest contact they had with ET is when they put the movie into their DVD player. There's a few more of those types out there as well, those two were just the first that came to mind.

I don't think that there's any amount of personal experience that can be conveyed and given a great deal of weight as evidence. "Abductees" have crossed into a realm of experience which most people will never have. It's a very difficult concept for any rational human to wrap their head around. Even further it's impossible to source the "abductors." So we have a mysterious event happening to an individual with no apparent source, no one to claim "hey I did it, it was me." It's very hard for some people to fathom.

I think though, that discussion of some of the more famous cases might possibly give us a bit of insight into the phenomena. Just a thought.

I totally agree. The whole phenomenon (in all its manifestations) is off the map, which is why I can understand people like Susan Clancy et al trying so hard to debunk and explain it away: it is so far outside our normal paradigms of reality there is emotional resistance even to the idea.

This of course doesn't stop it happening. It takes a lot of deep study to even begin to understand because it's complex. I would say something like 20 or so books written on the abduction phenomenon are pretty good - some very good - and you can forget the rest, which is the majority. But the best work is worth reading. I don't know that a message forum discussion is the venue to promote better understanding, quite honestly. Maybe some well-known cases like the Allagash case could be discussed, but even then if people want to learn about it, they'd contact Ray Fowler or read his book for starters.

I totally agree. The whole phenomenon (in all its manifestations) is off the map, which is why I can understand people like Susan Clancy et al trying so hard to debunk and explain it away: it is so far outside our normal paradigms of reality there is emotional resistance even to the idea.

This of course doesn't stop it happening. It takes a lot of deep study to even begin to understand because it's complex. I would say something like 20 or so books written on the abduction phenomenon are pretty good - some very good - and you can forget the rest, which is the majority. But the best work is worth reading. I don't know that a message forum discussion is the venue to promote better understanding, quite honestly. Maybe some well-known cases like the Allagash case could be discussed, but even then if people want to learn about it, they'd contact Ray Fowler or read his book for starters.

I'm really sorry, but there are NO/NONE/ZERO alien abductees that can show that they were actually abducted by aliens. Many of them are probably not lying about their experiences, but they were probably experiencing a high level of brain activity, like what is being done with the so called god helmet (God helmet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

I'm really sorry, but there are NO/NONE/ZERO alien abductees that can show that they were actually abducted by aliens. Many of them are probably not lying about their experiences, but they were probably experiencing a high level of brain activity, like what is being done with the so called god helmet (God helmet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

While that is possible for single witness events when someone tries proposing that explanation for a multiple witness event I can't help but roll my eyes. Proposing that a group of people would all hallucinate exactly the same thing at exactly the same time is equally as extraordinary as alien abduction.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

This Paratopia interview of Walton has been quite good. In the latter half of it they ask him if he has had any other experiences and Walton evades the question. So they say they'll just assume that he has and he never really denies it. So it looks possible that this was not an isolated incident for Walton.

Back