• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

sept 23rd end of the world nonsense

First let me tell you how hilarious I find these things. People running around like crazy because they believe in them. Then there's the other side of this issue. My mother is one of the nuts running around swearing we're all going to die. Don't get me wrong I keep right on laughing as I tell my siblings "You need to go catch your mother before she starts stirring the purple koolaid" but she's also sending large amounts of money to Edgar Cayce foundation.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

This is what I sent to Jimmy Church on Coast to Coast Sunday morning:

"The show intro started out fine by questioning the validity of the doomsayers, but then went totally off the deep end with the Niburu nonsense, and of course anyone who disagrees is lying or part of the cabal that's in on the conspiracy. How gullible and uninformed does someone have to be to take that stuff seriously? I guess they'll just let anyone on no matter how whacky."

First let me tell you how hilarious I find these things. People running around like crazy because they believe in them. Then there's the other side of this issue. My mother is one of the nuts running around swearing we're all going to die. Don't get me wrong I keep right on laughing as I tell my siblings "You need to go catch your mother before she starts stirring the purple koolaid" but she's also sending large amounts of money to Edgar Cayce foundation.

If he (Ed Case) was able to see the future wtf do they need donations?

I will say it again:

IF HE WAS ABLE TO SEE THE FUTURE WHY DOES HIS 'FOUNDATION' NEED YOUR MONEY?

President Biff ruled the world because he found a sports results book from the future and bet on sure things, oh wait they are going to say it doesn't work like that!:rolleyes::eek::confused::oops::mad: LOOOOL!!! pull the other one ;)

5241f7d872b2dc84852a94aaa49e7074.jpg

So Mr Case didn't have enough "foresight" to buy the right stocks and shares or bonds or whatever?

I just don't have words.

Welcome to the forum

I know right? She sends them money and then asks us to pay her bills. I jumped off that train wreck after the first time it happened. I will never understand anyone like my mother.

I did some sleuthing and found the culprit.

Its the guy who owns my local Bottleshop.

He puts out these EOW scares knowing full well i will run up 500 bucks worth of booze and nacho chips on my credit card thinking i wont have to pay it off.

The bugger gets me every time.

But of course i wont stop, the very idea i might have to suffer through the end of the world without having an EOW party is unthinkable.

I’m going to make a prediction.

The world is going to end on sept 26, 5,000,002,017 AD. Approx 7pm, right after the evening news.

Mark the date dudes, get your stuff in order. Pay the bills, kiss the wife, pet the dog, and make peace with whatever deity is in fashion at that time.

Nibiru and prophesy has been a fun go to whipping boy on our podcast - any shot I get at making fun of it, I take it. We also like making fun of Sean David Morton...

I googled "Walter Trump" and what I got is fascinating, apparently there is a real German Mathematician who does something called "recreational Mathematics"!

Walter Trump - Wikipedia

Recreational mathematics - Wikipedia

Fractal-generating software - Wikipedia

I didn't now what "recreational mathematics" was, and in looking at it, I found this in a related part of wiki:

Mathematical beauty - Wikipedia

Mathematical beauty:
Bertrand Russell expressed his sense of mathematical beauty in these words:

Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty — a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show. The true spirit of delight, the exaltation, the sense of being more than Man, which is the touchstone of the highest excellence, is to be found in mathematics as surely as poetry.[1]

Now I am not in a position to argue about Mathematics, but I think what I have taken from that, regarding this thread is that: Numbers especially dates have a big impact on our psyche, maybe something akin to 'the numbers don't lie'.

I am going to make a prediction:

The world is going to end "tomorrow"*.

I will never be wrong!

*Tomorrow = "The day after today" ;) in other words: tomorrow is always in the future and can't be reached. (yesterday is yesterday, today is today and tomorrow tomorrow.)

Back