• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

sept 23rd end of the world nonsense

The only fly in the ointment is Tomorrow Never Knows

WOW just found this:

This is made by AI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and called Mr Shadow Yikes!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I found it by googlin music and numbers because the Beatles track you posted made me think them.

My first thought now is to put the AI music through an oscilloscope!!!!!!!!

David "Meade"* and the "Wormwood"** Star =

Wormwood Meade, drink at your own risk:

van_gogh.jpg

Then again if you don't, it won't exactly be the end of the world will it?

*mead = Mead or honey wine, is made by fermenting honey with water. ((source: An Introduction to Mead, the Drink of the Gods: An Introduction to Mead, the Drink of the Gods))

**Wormwood/Thujone/Absinthe

The chemical that's taken all the blame for absinthe's hallucinogenic reputation is called thujone, which is a component of wormwood.

Curious Brain Effects, UC Berkeley Scientists Discover

***Van Gogh "the drinkers"

WOW just found this:

This is made by AI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and called Mr Shadow Yikes!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I found it by googlin music and numbers because the Beatles track you posted made me think them.

My first thought now is to put the AI music through an oscilloscope!!!!!!!!

Fantastic, I predict AI composers will be huge in years to come.

**Wormwood/Thujone/Absinthe

«Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) is a perennial plant or shrubby plant found all over the world. Its appearance is characterized by deeply-incised leaves and small yellow flowers. Literally and somewhat metaphorically, wormwood often grows in waste places. The leaves are bitter-tasting, and so the word wormwood is also defined as a description of something grievous and bitter. »

«Historically, this herb has been utilized for a variety of purposes. Wormwood has been used as a medicinal herb, as a vermifuge (an agent that dispels intestinal worms), as a protection against the plague, as a deterrent for vermin (especially fleas), and as the star ingredient in the infamous drink of absinthe, to name a few. The application I find the most perversely curious is the ancient Egyptian documented use of wormwood as part of a treatment for pains of the anus that had been caused by demons. (2a) (See Ancient Egyptian historical uses for more details on that one.)»

«Its Latin name (Artemisia absinthium) illustrates that the herb was named after the goddess, Artemis, the goddess of hunt from Greek mythology.»

The ancient Egyptians documented use of wormwood as part of a treatment for pains of the anus that had been caused by demons.

Hmmmmm maybe the Alien anal probe meme is older than we thought.....

«Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) is a perennial plant or shrubby plant found all over the world. Its appearance is characterized by deeply-incised leaves and small yellow flowers. Literally and somewhat metaphorically, wormwood often grows in waste places. The leaves are bitter-tasting, and so the word wormwood is also defined as a description of something grievous and bitter. »

«Historically, this herb has been utilized for a variety of purposes. Wormwood has been used as a medicinal herb, as a vermifuge (an agent that dispels intestinal worms), as a protection against the plague, as a deterrent for vermin (especially fleas), and as the star ingredient in the infamous drink of absinthe, to name a few. The application I find the most perversely curious is the ancient Egyptian documented use of wormwood as part of a treatment for pains of the anus that had been caused by demons. (2a) (See Ancient Egyptian historical uses for more details on that one.)»

«Its Latin name (Artemisia absinthium) illustrates that the herb was named after the goddess, Artemis, the goddess of hunt from Greek mythology.»

The ancient Egyptians documented use of wormwood as part of a treatment for pains of the anus that had been caused by demons.

Hmmmmm maybe the Alien anal probe meme is older than we thought.....

Does Wormwood also work for Unicorns? @marduk will know what I'm on about.

Ok so coincidence strikes again!

I was checking football results and I saw this video on BBC website.

Football Focus: Foo Fighters' Chris Shiflett predicts big win for beloved Arsenal

It is one of the Foo Fighters (band) predicting results :)

Guess who he supports? my team, why? because of Johnny Rotten's autobiography, who grew up near me (but long before).

Ok now the stranger bit:

If you look on the mantlepiece behind him you can see a round 'medieval' looking round picture or possibly a ceramic in a frame, it shows some kind of animal.
I was very interested in it, and when I look closely I can see what looks like a reflection of a window opposite, in a shape not dissimilar to an England flag.

lambflag.png

that is not extraordinary you say, and me either, but it does remind me of this:

lamb-and-flag-oxford-sign.jpg

Pub sign - Drink - Meade - Wormwood - Nibaru and round we go..... :eek:

I think it actually a goat or antelope type of animal rather than a sheep, on the, well.... how should I describe a dished ceramic container? SAUCER maybe! ok that is stretching it a bit, but it is clearly a bowl.

I think: I can't make it up, I can just notice it, which is typical... would be great if I could actually predict or notice something useful.....

Back