• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sept. 20th 2009 - Brad Steiger Episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrayo

Skilled Investigator
Hello All,

After now listening to the latest installment of the "Paracast". Some quick impressions come to mind, which i may jump around portions of the interview.

When Mr. Steiger mentioned that this paranormal phenomena seeks out those who are in mundane settings. Perhaps since often this phenomena is so extraordinary be it in the Spectrum of Light to Dark forces. That by a paradox of nature it seeks out the opposite, which is those in common / mundane roles / settings.

Although i felt wanting for more of what Mr. Brad Steiger had to say. Not so much of the darker evil phenomena, but of the lighter benevolent phenomena. Not out of a sense of the cheeky fanciful, but the sublime mystery of their endeavors.

It's ironic we have more names in our English canon for darker creatures. Than of those of the purer benevolent beings, usually get stuck with the umbrella term of Angels.

Although to be fair the Paracast does seem to focus more so on the benign to darker cases of the Paranormal. Probably due to the "Cool Factor". (but that's my opinion) :D

When Mr. Steiger mentioned that this paranormal phenomena seeks out those who are in mundane settings. Perhaps since often this phenomena is so extraordinary be it in the Spectrum of Light to Dark forces. That by a paradox of nature it seeks out the opposite, which is those in common / mundane roles / settings.

I also notice this too and also draw the connection to what many people say about the UFO phenomenon... that it seems drawn to you when you go looking for it (invite it in) or undergoing some major life changes or pinnacle points in your life (or show signs of weakness.)

Anyway, I LOVED this show. Of course, any mention of Bethel's Black Eyed Kids will ensure props from me. :p

I agree with both Atrayo and aNorthernSoul,

The inviting it in part that is. Putting the UFO angle aside for a moment, it seems to me that with the realm of the occult the reason many people get involved with that whole scene is quite simply because of a desire for power.

In relation to what has already been said about those mundane and life changing circumstances. I have seen many, people get involved for those very reasons. Also because of poverty, depression, boredom, lack of hope or the where with all to make positive changes, which all too easily makes the whole subject very attractive.
What I meant about a desire for power was, often when people feel they have reached the end of their rope for whatever reason. Then sadly because of their desire for better things they do truly leave themselves wide open to abuse if they get too involved.
I have seen this happen many times and with such bad results that I am utterly convinced of there being a Dark Side if you will. And that it will exploit the weakened
spirit.

What concerns me most is. As most of us would agree The Bible for instance was written by Man, surely it follows that whatever texts or rituals these darker elements choose to follow, they too would have been written/created by Man.

So It makes me uncomfortable to think how much easier it's been to get the wrong stuff right.

Mark

Listening to it now.

The description of the "spirit mimic" type of entity sounds somewhat similar to descriptions of the "Men in Black". Speaking English that's a little outdated or other peculiarity etc. Of course the spirit mimic isn't necessarily connected to UFO encounters.

Listening to it now.

The description of the "spirit mimic" type of entity sounds somewhat similar to descriptions of the "Men in Black". Speaking English that's a little outdated or other peculiarity etc. Of course the spirit mimic isn't necessarily connected to UFO encounters.

Actually, the "spriit mimic" is a very well known phenomenon at least in regards to spirit contact. I'm just listening to this broadcast now and am not sure what Steiger was referring to on this because I have not gotten to that part yet but most of those who are in the business of spririt contact i.e. mediums, ghost hunters who record evp or those who claim to be in contact with loved ones through evp, in my humble opinion are in total denial that most likely MOST of those entities who come in are only low levels who are POSING as someone else -- and they are called the mimickers... And even when one try's to get some kind of a confirmation that that spirit is who he says he is i.e. please give us the name of the street you lived on... and so on... they can mine our minds for that information and reply back with the correct answer and that's rather frightening when you think about it.

And one other thing too... the lower the level, the more monsterous they look... and we are talking about human disincarnates here....

Also should add that we don't know if those mimickers are human disincarnates or some other kind of entity that's non-human. The mimickers could be both... but we don't know.

It was a real treat listening to the great Brad Steiger -- really enjoyed the show Gene, and thanks! I've always been impressed by those insights Steiger has shared with us for so many years now in his books but to hear him talking about these subject matters in person, one can pick up right away that he's not only an extremely intelligent man, but a very, very WISE one as well.

I think I've found my new Yoda. :D

I found the part about vampires very intriguing and to paraphrase Steiger he's saying that "there are entities who look like us.. who impersonate us in order to deceive us -- and prey upon us BUT THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN HUMAN. He says that real vampires are parasitic shape-shifting entities that feed upon our life forces-- and even our very souls and that they are recognized in every religion and culture..."

Gotta read this book because I really, really do want to hear more about what his insights are on all of this including shapeshifters, black-eyed night stalkers, his views on angels as represented in popular culture and the astral animal aspects of ourselves and so on... whew! A lot here.

Also his comments about how to stay clear of negative entities and the kinds of things that can happen if we do not... it's very reassuring to know that, to paraphrase Steiger " we must each be an example of working in the light ... walking in the light -- love and hope and benevolence and empathy, compassion and generosity toward our fellow man -- he said that these are the greatest protection that I know of, against negative entities. And how true that is. I really like this guy! :)
He's very much an old soul. :)

Hi There,

Atomic Annie said:
it's very reassuring to know that, to paraphrase Steiger " we must each be an example of working in the light ... walking in the light -- love and hope and benevolence and empathy, compassion and generosity toward our fellow man -- he said that these are the greatest protection that I know of, against negative entities. And how true that is. I really like this guy! :)

He's very much an old soul. :)

That reminds me of another portion of this interview where Mr. Brad Steiger goes on to say. By being human beings doing good each day (I paraphrase here) they can avoid falling into such traps of darker malcontents in their common hours.

This may be more semantics on my part but versus human beings. I guess it would rather be as "Humane" beings or "Divine" beings in the generic sense.

By myself using the word divine i'm stipulating a person's own faith. (regardless of their religion) Since a persons spiritual faith in benevolence is a good shield against a degree of such a personal encounter with the paranormal. Whether to keep your wits about you or your own character by how developed one is in spiritual maturity.

That's my take on it when Mr. Steiger responded to Gene's inquiry of a defense against such hostile dark paranormal forces.

When it comes to the "darker" entities and entities of light, I am undecided. I definitely ponder the idea of the trickster, and how most religions prompt you to challenge spirits to ensure they are how they present themselves.

At the same time, I often wonder about how many propose that these entities and other paranormal events could possibly appear as a reflection of your expectations. Could they be a mirror of your inner motives and being? Some sort of play on the idea of the "law of observation" like when a particle appears as a wave when observed? Do we somehow manipulate their essence via some sort of law of intent? Do we create them into our reality as a mirror into your inner self? Or, are they just merely that which they appear to be? Who or what makes one entity "dark" while another appears as "light?"

"Who or what makes one entity "dark" while another appears as "light?"

This one is rather simple. If they choose to make themselves known by scaring the living daylights out of you, rest assured, that entity did that to feed off your energy. The more frightened you are, the more power you give to the entity.
So in such cases, would it be difficult for the experiencer to decide if the entity was benevolent or benign? You decide.

I almost never comment on shows, good or bad.
But there is nothing in this episode with Brad Steiger that rings true.
I think he's developed a group of wanting readers that he feeds on a semi-regular basis to maintain a following and an income.
I just don't buy into anything he presents as being plausible.
JMHO

I almost never comment on shows, good or bad.
But there is nothing in this episode with Brad Steiger that rings true.
I think he's developed a group of wanting readers that he feeds on a semi-regular basis to maintain a following and an income.
I just don't buy into anything he presents as being plausible.
JMHO

What's your opinion about Stanford Friedman? Just wondering. :)

really enjoyed this weeks episode, thanks gene and brad.

must remember to warn the kids about black eyed entities just in case. 8)

Yeah, FINALLY someone typed the magic word: "Tricksters."
I listened to Brad and Gene w/ a smile. Like almost every show on the paranormal, I sense that everyone is blinded to the 8,000 lb gorilla drumming his toes on the coffee table. TRICKSTERS are running rampant through history (and our lives) and nobody makes this connection! [crass self-promotion to follow:]

That's why you should to read my new book: Stalking the Tricksters. I was amused that the "Trickster" archetype was NEVER ONCE MENTIONED during the entire show. Factor in the trickster and if you really apply the archetype to most paranormal phenomena, a whole, fresh, new world of understanding magically emerges! At least it has for me. ;) BTW: If you're doubtful, but want to learn more, I'll be on C2C Sunday (w/ the Knapster) 11pm-2am PT.

Yeah, FINALLY someone typed the magic word: "Tricksters."
I listened to Brad and Gene w/ a smile. Like almost every show on the paranormal, I sense that everyone is blinded to the 8000 lb gorilla drumming his toes on the coffee table. TRICKSTERS are running rampant through history (and our lives) and nobody makes this connection! [crass self-promotion to follow:]

That's why you should to read my new book: Stalking the Tricksters. I was amused that the "Trickster" archetype was NEVER ONCE MENTIONED during the entire show. Factor in the trickster and if you really apply the archetype to most paranormal phenomena, a whole, fresh, new world of understanding magically emerges! At least it has for me. ;) BTW: If you're doubtful, but want to learn more, I'll be on C2C Sunday (w/ the Knapster) 11pm-2am PT.

Chris,

Hey, once I get my copy of the book (you got the email with my new mailing address, right?) and read it, we'll have you back on for a real interview! :cool:

Seriously, have a good time with George K., he's a hell of a better interviewer than their regular talking head...

dB

dB

This one is rather simple. If they choose to make themselves known by scaring the living daylights out of you, rest assured, that entity did that to feed off your energy. The more frightened you are, the more power you give to the entity.
So in such cases, would it be difficult for the experiencer to decide if the entity was benevolent or benign? You decide.

Well, perhaps it's not as simple as you think or you oversimplified the question. (Or I overcomplicated it as I tend to do. :redface:) What is their motivation and where does it stem from to be one or the other?

Ha ha ha! Well done. :p

Yeah, I actually kept thinking about "the trickster" during the show too. It sure seems to pop up more and more as I hear more and more accounts of dealing with whatever these various entities are.

Chris,

Hey, once I get my copy of the book (you got the email with my new mailing address, right?) and read it, we'll have you back on for a real interview! :cool:

Seriously, have a good time with George K., he's a hell of a better interviewer than their regular talking head...

dB

I did indeed and I'm off to the PO in the AM. Thanks for the re-invite btw. I thought our first go-around was pretty real, actually. Its the trickster material that gets surreal. Its not a very accessible subject for most people. It makes your head hurt, believe me (after a year of researching and writing about "tricksters") I know. Unlike Obama, Britney, MJ & Roswell :) it is difficult to generate simple sound bites and brief analogies to communicate the subject matter. Tricksters make you think about why you feel the way you experience life. Tricksters are a western version of the Zen koan "one hand clapping." I'm sure there is a communication work-around but it will take work to make it work, if you know what I mean…

I'm already working on a follow-up T-book—there is so much I didn't cover, so many implications not stated and so many realms to explore…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back