• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Richard Dolan--UFOs for the 21st Century Mind

This guy strikes me as a Streiber weasel who is more interested in his writing empire then he is in truth.
What evidence have you got that Dolan isn't just a bit too much of a believer who's doing his honest best to explore the phenomenon?
I am now of the opinion that there are no aliens. No one coming here from 13 trillion miles away. In fact, it is infinitely absurd. No inter-dimensionals, either. I am ready now to face that it is all BS. I've been had. It is all man-made technology.
I'm curious to know how you can be so sure that there are no aliens? 13 trillion miles is only a little over 2 light years. So at only one-half light speed, that's about a 4 year trip, which for beings with the kind of technology reportedly associated with UFOs, doesn't sound "infinitely absurd" at all. Amazing what a little math can do isn't it? Maybe you've just got a bad taste from some of the bad ufology out there that's tainted your entire view?

Last edited:
I don't necessarily endorse everything Dolan has said or done, but I really like his attitude, find his enthusiasm refreshing, and there's no question that he's earned a reputation for having a genuine and constructive interest in the UFO phenomenon. The ufology community is lucky to have him and we could use more like him. It was also nice to hear him express respect for the past efforts of others including Timothy Good, NICAP, and APRO. I'm not sure about the details of what he meant by the "New Age infiltration" in the field of ufology, but that comment definitely resonated with me.

On breakaway civilizations: I'm fine with the basic model of classified technology being considered as a sort of "breakaway" from the general population, but it's not sufficient to call it a breakaway civilization, nor is there sufficient evidence or a rational argument to think that they have developed the technology we have traditionally associated with UFOs. Interesting comments on control of the media too. Good show. I think I'll check out richarddolanpress.com !

Last edited:
This guy strikes me as a Streiber weasel who is more interested in his writing empire then he is in truth. I have heard his name, but never heard him speak.

I think you're being a little to hard on the guy. Seriously now, "writing empire"? I bet he would have a rib-cracking laugh over that one. I think the guy is just trying to make a living like the rest of us. Good for him if he can make a living from writing what he wants to write about. I wish I could. No one is compelled to be champions of truth to the exclusion of earning a living. Besides, his first two books are absolute must reads for anyone interested in this topic.

The only REAL aliens seem to be spooks and their trillionaire Dr. No banking sponsors who are building a global surveillance/police net.

Good one. I think that is closer to the truth than grey/reptilian hybrid-breeding aliens from wherever myself.

This guy strikes me as a Streiber weasel who is more interested in his writing empire then he is in truth. I have heard his name, but never heard him speak. Weak and insincere. Aztec? Really? He reminds me of all those people who are trying to milk the crop circle industry when we finally know the real truth about them: they are ALL MAN-MADE. These con artists will not give up. No, there is too much money in keeping up their illusions.

I am now of the opinion that there are no aliens. No one coming here from 13 trillion miles away. In fact, it is infinitely absurd. No inter-dimensionals, either. I am ready now to face that it is all BS. I've been had. It is all man-made technology. The only REAL aliens seem to be spooks and their trillionaire Dr. No banking sponsors who are building a global surveillance/police net. If you want to see the truth of this, just look up at any intersection in this country. See the camera? And I also think that the mass psychosis called 'abduction' is based on this collective subconscious understanding - the understanding that strangers who do not like us are watching very closely. No, they are not reptilians. They are your fellow weasel humans. I guess you could call them human.
Why let one, two, or a room full of today's "researchers" opinions or speculations create a negative outlook of the whole phenom? One only has to look back to the early 50's, and know that pilots were chasing these objects.. That they were identified as solid objects and not just phantoms popping up on radar. (No drone technology)There is enough data from the mid 20th century to support visitation, of some sort or another.

Why let one, two, or a room full of today's "researchers" opinions or speculations create a negative outlook of the whole phenom? One only has to look back to the early 50's, and know that pilots were chasing these objects.. That they were identified as solid objects and not just phantoms popping up on radar. (No drone technology)There is enough data from the mid 20th century to support visitation, of some sort or another.

No doubt :cool: .

This guy strikes me as a Streiber weasel who is more interested in his writing empire then he is in truth. I have heard his name, but never heard him speak...
I think it should be mentioned that Dolan offers a 50%/50% split with his authors on money generated from book sales, unlike most money-grubbing publishers who take 80% to 90%. I think this shows his integrity and illustrates his willingness to help get word out to the public. You seem to cast judgements fairly effortlessly for someone that has never "hear him speak," read his books, or even seen his informative, grounded presentations. Boo on you enzoo.

I think you're being a little to hard on the guy. Seriously now, "writing empire"? I bet he would have a rib-cracking laugh over that one. I think the guy is just trying to make a living like the rest of us. Good for him if he can make a living from writing what he wants to write about. I wish I could.

Even though we now KNOW that crop circles are man-made, there are STILL plenty of people who continue to ride the ET hypothesis. Now, sure they have a right to do it. Sure they have a right to make a living. But let's face it, they are con artists. Look how many 'researchers' refused to see a real crop maker practice his craft. If you want to write fiction, fine. But why go on fooling people with nonsense when you know better? It is dishonest.

As to pilots chasing UFOs in the 50s. I maintain it is German technology. Keep in mind that the Nazis won WWII. We have only experienced a complete continuation of their entire program. Here is how I know:

1. The chief Nazi Gestapo agent and his spy ring was employed by the US post war to continue operations in Europe. This formed the beginning backbone of the CIA.

2. 5,000 Nazi scientists (and their families?) were brought over in Operation Paperclip to form NASA.

3. Obviously, all super advanced German technology (including remote-controlled drone tanks and aircraft) were continued in the US. I am quite sure this is what Kenneth Arnold saw over Mt. Rainier.

4. The Bush family and other international bankers funded the Nazi party.

5. Today, the US practices torture and operates concentration camps in Poland and 'rendition' on ocean ships. It is dedicated to a global conquest by means of 'total information' and 'shock and awe.'

6. The US actively is pursuing 'complete surveillance' over every single American citizen and seeks to expend it's data base to include everyone on the planet. If truth be told, it is saving every single web search and every private text and conversation. As all spies know, personal sexual information is highly valued.

I could go on and on with this. We all sense it. What it means is that 'they' are in possession of technology and even physics that is not known to the rest of us. Perhaps 100 to 200 years advanced of what we imagine. So Occam's razor suggests that we do not need to look to little green men and Art Bell reptiles for an explanation of 'magical' sightings.

Someone here also suggested that 13 trillion miles is a do-able trip. (I need to know math better) "Only a 4 year trip at half light speed." I personally don't believe any biological being could survive a year out in open space. Too much radiation. And then there are millions of possible astroids. How do you avoid them all at "half light speed?" Then, of course, there is need for bathrooms (never mentioned), food, supplies, fuel. Of course, you could never go back to your same time line. All of your family would be gone when you start bending time. Not to mention that you could not communicate or 'take orders' from your home world as every communication would take years........and that goes for robots. You cannot send any sort of information faster than the speed of light.

Yes, let's talk science. Fine.

You cannot send any sort of information faster than the speed of light.

I've been listening to those Faded Discs audio archives that @uforadio was kind enough to post and the one humanoid encounter that is just a big golden dripping sunshine peach of a UFO encounter is the one where Robert Estes from Sioux City, IA in 1978 sees this giant tank/tractor like object with treads on it land out of the sky down beside him almost forcing his own vehicle off the road he is driving on. An occupant pokes out and says to him, "Bob, what do you think of this?" and then the occupant ducks back in and it takes up off into the sky! Bob is a mechanical engineer and can not understand what possible means of flight are present and is left stupefied by both the impossibility of the sighting and the incomprehensibility at how this event appeared to be directed at him by name even.

I love the idea of information being sorted at the speed of light all the way down to earth for a fifteen second explosively funny trickster event just for the sake of Robert Estes. During the sighting there was no traffic anywhere, "It was like everything had been turned off at that moment," he describes. And then it disappeared and then the usual experience, of our consciousness processing sensory inputs into a cognitive paradigm we call reality, slowly started to return back to its normal traffic flow, leaving poor Bob just slack jawed.

Maybe that whole sorting of information thing has many possible means of sorting, travelling at the speed of light being only one of many possibilities? Maybe our own sense organs only allow us to imagine that form of information sorting. What other sense organs have evolved, i wonder, on all the other trillion kajillion of worlds in this universe, subset of the multiverse etc.? I bet you their reality is like taking DMT where you go to meet all the other alien species in the hallucinatory collective unconsciousness of dark matter, of which we are just a part of its ongoing dream.

Someone here also suggested that 13 trillion miles is a do-able trip. (I need to know math better) "Only a 4 year trip at half light speed." I personally don't believe any biological being could survive a year out in open space. Too much radiation.
Use radiation shielding. Not to mention that the most intense radiation is near stars, not between them.
And then there are millions of possible astroids. How do you avoid them all at "half light speed?"
Chart your course carefully using information obtained from previous missions and charts combined with onboard data received before reaching full velocity and then make course corrections as needed.
Then, of course, there is need for bathrooms (never mentioned), food, supplies, fuel.
We're assuming biological beings similar to ourselves, but even so, gigantic mother ships could be made to be self-contained and sustaining. Fusion power isn't all that far off in our future. So power doesn't seem like a huge concern. With adequate power, nearly everything can be recycled and reused or created as needed. But then again, we don't know for sure if biological aliens are even making the trip. We assume that's the case, but we don't know. Plus even if they are, there's no reason they couldn't have slower metabolisms and far longer lifespans.
Of course, you could never go back to your same time line. All of your family would be gone when you start bending time.
The 4 years travel time is in the frame of reference of the home planet, so that's not all that long for the folks back home. And at only half light-speed the time dilation for the crew wouldn't be all that much either.
Not to mention that you could not communicate or 'take orders' from your home world as every communication would take years........and that goes for robots.
That makes sense given what we know, but then again there's no reason to think they wouldn't be aware of that in the first place and be prepared to accept that limitation as part of their mission.
You cannot send any sort of information faster than the speed of light.
We don't know how to communicate faster than light, but we're not talking about us. We're talking about them. But even if they are restricted to science that is within our comprehension, that still doesn't prevent them from coming here. Even at one-quarter light speed it could still be done by humans well within our current lifespans.
I'm not restricting this discussion to science alone. My main mode of inquiry is critical thinking, which may use science when scientific data is available, but can also make use of any other information that helps us advance toward the truth.

"
Spooky action at a distance" which may be explained by Bill Gaede's "Rope model" as the physical torquing the electromatic ropes connecting atoms together, could possibly be used for superluminal communication.

It's certainly tempting to think that QE ( quantum entanglement ) could be applied to communications, but so far, they say it's not possible due to the inability of the receiver to know the original state of the particle before it was transmitted. Still, I think there may be a workaround for that. I can think of one way, but it depends on being able to transmit with a known state to begin with. I think this is possible, but I'm not sure.

It's certainly tempting to think that QE ( quantum entanglement ) could be applied to communications, but so far, they say it's not possible due to the inability of the receiver to know the original state of the particle before it was transmitted. Still, I think there may be a workaround for that. I can think of one way, but it depends on being able to transmit with a known state to begin with. I think this is possible, but I'm not sure.

I'm not talking quantum physics. Particles aren't transmitted because there are none in Gaede's rope hypothesis which describes a physical mechanism for "spooky action at a distance" behavior without the use of particles or theoretical math.

The electromagnetic rope between two atoms would be torqued in one direction providing instantaneous action on the other end. Rotation in one direction is a one, and a zero in the other. How to spin the right rope(s) would seem to be the tricky bit I'd think, provided the things exist at all of course.

Mr Dolan's work does touch on a few aspects of hidden agenda of the going on between the fog of war and so called peacetime which never happens if you take a trip behind the curtain.

I wished they would have asked Dolan about Valdez's notion about the Intelligence community possessing its own air force compete with invisible silent helicopters as early as the mid 70s.

I'm not talking quantum physics. Particles aren't transmitted because there are none in Gaede's rope hypothesis which describes a physical mechanism for "spooky action at a distance" behavior without the use of particles or theoretical math.
That would be a great idea if it weren't for the fact that individual photons can be fired at a target, which means there's no "rope", and that light doesn't always travel in all directions simultaneously, and gravitational lensing is nothing like the double slit experiment, and who knows what other seemingly pseudoscientific theories were in the video. I have however seen another video on the electromagnetic universe and how it explains some odd astronomical observations connected with stars, and I wasn't able to find any particular problem with that, other than that it would require a whole new model for the structure of stars, and from what I can tell, the existing model is endorsed by the vast majority of astronomers, so they must have some pretty good reasons for the existing theory. Nevertheless, I like people who try to think outside the box and maybe these ideas will inspire something that can be tested, and something new will come out of it. Who knows? Seems to me a lot of new things have been discovered by accident by people trying new things just to see what happens.

Interesting, Enzo's theory of a breakaway civilization responsible for the incredible technology witnessed by military, civilian pilots, etc.
That humans had access to this technology as early as mid 40's? German technology, yet no such technology was witnessed or used against Russian advancement on the eastern front? Applying "Occam's Razor" while twisting mid 20th century history?

The US has quite a bit of advanced technology, but all the technology in the world doesn't seem to help them clear out Afghanistan. The US follows the email and cell phone communications of the entire country and beyond, yet it does not seem to stop school shootings and Boston Marathon bombings.

While I agree with all the above- that does nothing to support the theory that the UFO phenom is the result of a breakaway civili using 1940's German technology.

Back