• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Remember the under Baltic Sea UFO shaped thing?

I reserve judgement - the object in the Baltic at the very least, does not look natural and because I cannot remember if there was a scale to the image but depending on how large the object is I wonder if it could have been some part of some submarine testing or something? The Soviet Union had a huge Baltic Sea fleet of both surface and subsurface vessels. Who knows what kind of junk could be lying around the seabed there?

@Voyager - if you do manage to get any nice pics I hope you might still publish them here. Evidence like that has the capacity to make a really good case; when everyone is aware of the cameraman already such as yourself.

Ouch that is far to small to read... Thanks for posting but ouch!

Sorry guys i did not write this just pasted it to this thread. I could have changed the size and color element but hadn't the time to do so. Ya it probably look worse on a smaller screen. I use a 32inch tv as my computer monitor.

Anyways the latest news is there heading out this Monday again. I read it will be a 10 to 13 day investigation. This is a teaser from the documentary been done about this adventure.

Even if it turns out be natural object it still be worth watching.

Anyways it 50/50 it has to be natural or man made it one of those/ otherworldly i doubt.

I did not watch it lol ... I want some solid evidence.. High quality photos, scans, geological survey. No more speculation for the object is there and can be tested.

Sorry guys i did not write this just pasted it to this thread. I could have changed the size and color element but hadn't the time to do so. Ya it probably look worse on a smaller screen. I use a 32inch tv as my computer monitor.

I use a 42 inch TV , so it was readable here.

But heres a workaround i sometimes use, copy the tiny text and paste into notepad, it comes up as default font size

Can anyone else beat me? I got to 33 seconds and switched it off as soon as I heard UFO.

UFO because it looked like one when appeared on their sonar, kind of does. Not sure why that annoyed you so much? But they have said throughout they don't believe it is that.

return trip to the Baltic Anomaly will set sail tomorrow on July 10th. Veteran treasure hunters, Peter Lindberg and Dennis Aasberg will set sail from Norrtälje harbour once again and return to the site in an effort to gather moreinformation in the hope of finally being able to say exactly what the object 80 metres down on the bottom of the Baltic Sea is. The trip is expected to last approximately 10-12 days.

Special Report by Craig Brown

I asked Peter Lindberg “Is this the last trip from you guys to the anomaly in the foreseeable future?” his answer? – “Most likely”.
As new details of the structure emerge German artist Hauke Vagt has been continually refining his depictions of the anomaly - here is the latest one complete with the steps or "staircase".
Despite 2 previous trips and multiple dives later the Swedish OceanX team are still no closer to positively identifying the massive 200 ft wide object which stands an impressive 12 metres tall out of the surrounding seabed, however there are strong indications at this stage that the object has been made, or fashioned due to the many right angles and bizarre unnatural looking features that cover it. This third expedition will aim to gather more evidence, explore the second anomaly and will hope to eliminate some possible theories on the nature of the object.
What is the strange hole and where does it lead?
The round hole

There is a curious approx 25 cm round hole near the edge of the dome on the structure, footage of which was captured on the previous trip. Lindberg addressed rumours that it was egg-shaped – he said – “The hole is not egg shaped, it is round. We’ll see when we are at site how we get the camera down the hole, on a stick or on a rope” he joked – “No one has put their arm down the hole yet, I challenged Stefan, one of the divers, if he dared to put his arm down to it if he found it. Lucky me he did not because I had probably lost the bet.”

Peter was asked, “If the object is hollow are there any plans on sending a camera into it“, to which he replied – “We have a probe camera to send down the hole but not more than that. Maybe the divers just have to knock on the door…”

The team will spend time looking for more holes and confirm if this is the only one or whether the one they found is just one of many.

Close up of artist Hauke Vagt's painting showing the "staircase" - each individual "step" is approx 1 metre in height.
Staircase like structure

Peter Lindberg confirmed the “staircase” reference was an example to describe what he saw and that it is comprised of 8 steps with each step a 1 meter drop starting from the missing section on the left hand side of the object.

Object Material

The surface is described as “not entirely smooth”, and some places the “cement” is cracking. It has the appearance of something resembling granite, and the surface of the anomaly is made of different material than the main pillar. The complete test results on the stones and what material they are made of are not yet back however they did say the following - “There are a lot of stones in the Baltic. Much has been dropped from the ice during the ice-age and when it melted. But stones can also be carried by “modern” ice during winters. I will tell you this much to you even though we do not have the finished test results yet: One of the stones are quite common for this location but created like several thousands of meters down in the earth’s crust. The other stone is not common for the Baltic and can be found in the mid-Atlantic.

On this trip the OceanX team will be bringing better equipment to attempt to successfully hammer a piece off the main body of the anomaly to take away and to have analyzed for details of it’s composition.

They did manage to hammer a piece off from the black material which can be seen inside the cracks and at some places on the anomaly. It looks like it has been “poured” out, like what you get when you cast tin soldiers. The blackish material can be crushed between your fingers.

A geologist will be part of the crew on this trip.

ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle) prepares to dive down to the anomaly.
Multi-Beam Sonar

The team will likely use the 3D sonar again to build a more detailed picture of how the entire site fits together. Apparently, it takes special data processing to assemble all the images and make sense of them, which is being done now on the second expedition data. Their goal is to produce a clear 3-dimensional image of the whole large object and perhaps a 3-D image of the second smaller object that is some distance away.

An eery mist descends around the ship.
Approximate location of the anomaly based on the anecdotal evidence so far.
The anomaly is thought to lie to the north of the Aland Islands.

The OceanX vessel "Ancylus" or as it is also known "The Baltic Falcon".
Facebook Questions

Information gained through various questions raised on the OceanX Facebook group has been collected and is presented below:

(1) They still do not know exactly what they have discovered.

(2) They have NEVER said that it’s a USO or a UFO. Other people and mostly media have been speculating on this story.

(3) Their treasure hunting has been their hobby, but now since the discovery of the anomaly its full time work to try and find out what this anomaly really is.

(4) Strange things happens around them including in Dennis’s house. Dennis is not comfortable speaking about this yet but when the time comes.

(5) They team feel that they are in the middle of a movie because of all the stuff that happens around them (media, emails etc) But they are grateful for all the positive feedback.

(6) They have taken some pictures and video that are very very interresting. These will be published in due course. Due to the contract they just cant publish it all just now.

(7) They do have a contract with a Swedish documentary crew which they have to honour, people WILL get to know everything, just that they cant tell everything right now but in time everyone will know all the details.

(8) They expeditions to this anomaly require a lot of planning and preparation, so they just can’t go on a split second decision.

(9) In the beginning, no-one wanted to help them with this expedition. They tried to get some sponsors with no success. They did agree to go public because they both knew that this was something strange and out of the ordinary!

(10) They will do everything in their power to go back down there, and people have to have patience, let the team take their time to do this in a professional way.

(11) Dennis is a little bit angry with the people who try to make the team out to be a hoax. He also tells that IF this would have been a hoax…they would have MESSED up their whole career…and they are NOT THAT STUPID to do that. A great deal of their own personal finances have been spent trying to get to the bottom of this mystery.

(12) They do have a agreement with the Swedish television company Titan. Titan is doing an excellent job and documenting what the Ocean Explorer Team is doing at all time.

(13) When the divers brought a sample rock back from the anomaly and took a better look at it in the boat, a black substance (almost like powder) came off. Dennis smeared it between his fingers and it looked like burned coal.

(14) When they sent down the ROV (Remotely operated underwater vehicle)…they just waited for the ROV to arrive the “rock-structure”. When they looked further on they watched a straight wall on their monitor. They went around this structure, and they got even more surprised. They all felt like small children because of the excitement!Further they discovered hallways/corridors, and 90 degree angles! As above…they cant tell all about it because of their contract. But in time they will let us know what it is.

(15) They are just normal people, and this is not a lie. When they post that they are down in the harbour @ their boat. People can come for a visit. And they try to distance themselves from the bullshit from negative people.

(16) They are hunted by the media from all over the world, and Dennis understands the sometimes unwelcome publicity. He would have done the same if he was a journalist.

(17) They don’t have the knowledge to adequately explain the structure / anomaly, and therefore they have contacted experts in Marine Biology and Geology.

(18) The team have recieved some strange emails which could be interpreted as threats but nothing they are worried about.

(19) No writing found on the object so far.
Peter Lindberg and Dennis Aasberg - founders of the OceanX team.
Peter Lindberg is interviewed by the documentary crew on board the Ancylus.
Upset Science

According to what is understood my modern geologists the last time the Baltic Sea was free of glacial ice and water was approximately 40 million years ago. Therefore if we were to get confirmation that the object has definitely been constructed rather than a naturally produced feature then there would be some explaining to do by the scientific community. At this point in time there are already strong indications of something artificial due to the many straight lines, right angles, circular holes and very straight lined rectangular depressions. Despite suggestions the object is a pillow basalt this does not explain many of the bizarre and unnatural features.
Divers prepare to make the 80 metre dive down to the anomaly below.
Baltic Sea

The Baltic Sea, with its unique brackish water, is a result of meltwater from the Weichsel glaciation combining with saltwater from the North Sea when the straits between Sweden and Denmark opened. Initially, when the ice began melting about 10,300 ybp, seawater filled the isostatically depressed area, a temporary marine incursion that geologists dub the Yoldia Sea. Then, as post-glacial isostatic reboundlifted the region about 9500 ybp, the deepest basin of the Baltic became a freshwater lake, in palaeological contexts referred to as Ancylus Lake, which is identifiable in the freshwater fauna found in sediment cores. The lake was filled by glacial runoff, but as worldwide sea level continued rising, saltwater again breached the sill about 8000 ybp, forming a marine Littorina Sea which was followed by another freshwater phase before the present brackish marine system was established.

The presence of underwater river valleys and the absence of sea sediments beneath the series of glacial deposits show that in preglacial times the Baltic Sea was dry land. During at least the last Ice Age, the basin of the Baltic Sea was completely covered with ice. Only about 13,000 years ago the Baltic was connected with the ocean, allowing seawater to fill the basin.

OceanX Team: New Expedition To The Baltic Anomaly Sets Sail | Truthfall

All those lovely graphic renders, I've now been front loaded. Guess next thing I wil have to do is order the DVD.

It's not that I am bashing on this, I just don't like where it is going or how it is being spun.

All those lovely graphic renders, I've now been front loaded. Guess next thing I wil have to do is order the DVD.

It's not that I am bashing on this, I just don't like where it is going or how it is being spun.

The3-d expedition will take place after July 20. Baltic Sea Mystery…Was the Millenium Falcon]

They went today not July 20th/the videos i posted from YouTube is them preparing to leaving port and doing so. They might continuing posting this kind of videos from now on not sure?

This is third one posted today

news just in -
NAZIS! i told you it was the gerries,beyatches
Sonar scans show that 'UFO' at bottom of Baltic sea may actually be a top-secret Nazi anti-submarine defence lost since the Second World War

• Object is raised about 10 to 13ft above seabed and curved at the sides like a mushroom
  • World War II expert says object may be Nazi anti-submarine weapon
  • Wire meshes could be used to baffle submarine radar and make them crash
  • Area vital to German war machine
  • Object has wire meshes - which could explain why dive team's equipment failed
  • Divers say phones and some cameras switch off when close to the object
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2172503/Sonar-scans-UFO-Baltic-sea-actually-secret-Nazi-super-weapon-lost-World-War-II.html#ixzz20RAEG7QY

news just in -
NAZIS! i told you it was the gerries,beyatches
Sonar scans show that 'UFO' at bottom of Baltic sea may actually be a top-secret Nazi anti-submarine defence lost since the Second World War

• Object is raised about 10 to 13ft above seabed and curved at the sides like a mushroom
  • World War II expert says object may be Nazi anti-submarine weapon
  • Wire meshes could be used to baffle submarine radar and make them crash
  • Area vital to German war machine
  • Object has wire meshes - which could explain why dive team's equipment failed
  • Divers say phones and some cameras switch off when close to the object
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2172503/Sonar-scans-UFO-Baltic-sea-actually-secret-Nazi-super-weapon-lost-World-War-II.html#ixzz20RAEG7QY

Just another theory, nothing has been confirmed yet.

I think it is ongoing but the problem is, only one company has the coordinates which is fine, but the trips there with the vessel etc are very expensive. There isn't much financial reason to keep taking photos etc.

So my guess would be that it'll be kind of in limbo until someone pony's up some coin to investigate further - I heard a podcast with one of the vessel's crew and they are definitely still interested- many people are - but it's the money that's the problem.

And what conspiracy nut worth his payphone map believes that the timing of Lucas' selling out to Disney is a *cough! cough!* coincidence? I mean, really! How dumb do they think we are?

I was bored, so I decided to jump right into YouTube and I fell right over this..

Feedback anyone.

Strange Pieces From The Baltic Sea

Back