• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Remember the under Baltic Sea UFO shaped thing?

Thanks for posting this, I was wondering if anything had been or was being done to ascertain what this thing is exactly.

The Ocean Explorer

IMG_2548.jpeg

2012-06-04

News; The expedition started Friday 1st from Norrtälje harbor when Ocean X-Team took their crew out for this exciting adventure trying to find out what the mysterious disc-shaped object is. Unfortunately the weather conditions have been really bad the last days, but now they are on a roll.
Stay alert for more updates within shortly.

I think Mike made a pretty good and strong point in this thread: UFO on ocean floor? | The Paracast Community Forums

We'll find out soon I guess. :)

From what i read only two ironclad Novgorod round ships were made in the 1800's and none of the two ever sailed as far as the Baltic sea. So that likely is not the explanation.

If its a pre-history stone structure, most likely as its beneath the sea, it has to be of a really old age. When was land above the sea there?

Its likely to be just a rock formation more than anything else, but one can dream of something more. Why people believe this is a UFO still amazes me.

Latest news below.

It is high risk for any diver to go to depths were this object rests now. To have done this the object must hold some value.

2012-6-7
Breaking News 2pm, The divers are now down and investigating the circle and reports from the ship say they are really amazed. There is definitely something usual hiding at the seabed-a mystery beneath. More information and pictures will be released next week.

2012-06-07

this best not be a viral for pizzahut otherwise i'm gonna be PISSED>

Lol all signs are it aint nothing like that buddy. Their treasure hunters not UFO hunters who just happened to stumble across something they didn't expect to see on their voyage. Whatever they have found is worth something to someone in the world, because they've now dived to get a better look and investigate it. They would only do if they thought it was worth the effort in doing so. Meaning dollars.

They've brought a more sophisticated sonar system with them this time, by all accounts as well, so if was only a usual rock formation, it would have shown up very clearly as that, and they wouldn't have bothered going down there, like i said.

I think for people who believe this was a damaged UFO beneath the Baltic sea, there going to be very disappointed. If it was that it would be almost impossible to keep a lid on this news from getting out to the public at large. Nobody knows what it is only the men on board this ship and maybe a few others, so everyone else will just have to wait to find out unfortunately until next week sometime to hear what it is.

I think Mike made a pretty good and strong point in this thread: UFO on ocean floor? | The Paracast Community Forums

We'll find out soon I guess. :)
There were only ever two of the ships that mike points out made and both were broken up for scrap and none were sunk. I have a fair amount on this class of ship at home as I have plans to build a display model of them. They were never that big either.

Oh and mike sorry to shoot at the Russian Pre WW1 ship theory but I personally don't think that adds up for historical reasons and size. But it is an idea that could still be valid one as it is possible it is a man made ship of some class down there or for that matter a rock formation... I guess we will find out next week.............................. Maybe

Most of the information I have on the Novgorod Class ships is in printed form so hard to post here but this wiki is a good start. Russian monitor Novgorod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And now this whole thing is mysterious to me again. :) Thanks Kieran and Stone. I'm a little disconcerted about their latest update on their site though. 'See you next week'. Smells like something viral indeed, if it is, good job for keeping it up for half a year and to an audience this small interested in stuff like this.

And now this whole thing is mysterious to me again. :) Thanks Kieran and Stone. I'm a little disconcerted about their latest update on their site though. 'See you next week'. Smells like something viral indeed, if it is, good job for keeping it up for half a year and to an audience this small interested in stuff like this.

Yeah I have had the Viral marketing thing in the back of my mind for some time now but I just can't see what it is they are trying to market... They do not make films and if it is under sea adventure tourism they are trying to promote then this scam will just bite them in the bum in the long run...

So yes I am a bit confused as well as suspicious of the whole thing... On the other hand if it is what they think it maybe then "WOW" don't even come close to expressing the situation.

Yeah I have had the Viral marketing thing in the back of my mind for some time now but I just can't see what it is they are trying to market... They do not make films and if it is under sea adventure tourism they are trying to promote then this scam will just bite them in the bum in the long run...

So yes I am a bit confused as well as suspicious of the whole thing... On the other hand if it is what they think it maybe then "WOW" don't even come close to expressing the situation.
It's the Millennium Falcon, don't you know?

Oh and mike sorry to shoot at the Russian Pre WW1 ship theory but I personally don't think that adds up for historical reasons and size. But it is an idea that could still be valid one as it is possible it is a man made ship of some class down there or for that matter a rock formation... I guess we will find out next week.............................. Maybe

Most of the information I have on the Novgorod Class ships is in printed form so hard to post here but this wiki is a good start. Russian monitor Novgorod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nothing to apoligise for mate, i mentioned in the other thread the size difference, it was simply a possibility that was doing the rounds when the news first broke, which i fleshed out a little here with the model pic etc.
It makes a nice model too, id be interested in seeing yours when its done.
I have a soft spot for model boats, grandad built quite a few, dad was into aeroplanes, rooms full of them, and i build model spaceships etc.......
An evolution of sorts

0021.jpg

lol yeah it looks like it.. who knows really and just maybe we will find out next week but I am not holding my breath.
You would think they could lower an instrument into the water to at least determine whether or not the object is metallic?

You would think they could lower an instrument into the water to at least determine whether or not the object is metallic?
Well it sounds like they have but are keeping quite until next week which says two things.. either it is nothing out of the ordinary or it will be earth shattering news.. its a coin toss right now for us... 50/50 care to place a bet :)

Well it sounds like they have but are keeping quite until next week which says two things.. either it is nothing out of the ordinary or it will be earth shattering news.. its a coin toss right now for us... 50/50 care to place a bet :)
I bet it will be a natural formation. I will bet you a ticket to go see Lady GA GA!

I think they found something. But we'll have to just wait to find out., what it is. 50/50 is about right it could go either way.

I don't think its a scam, or a viral marketing thing? From the news this is well funded genuine expedition of discovery, to find out what that image is., that turned up on their sonar last year. If its not then they have fooled lot of people (including myself) and many in the mainstream media. I hope its not a con, but if it is. Hey just got to move on it aint the end of the world.

Back