• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Refugee from Alien Hub forum

So why join Alien Hub or The Paracast then? Neither are real estate forums ?
I think you didn't read the op.

I like to chat and I like the people in AH. After AH got shutdown, I tried to find / contact as much members as I can, I've recalled a member from AH is in this forum, that's why I'm here.

I think you didn't read the op.

I like to chat and I like the people in AH. After AH got shutdown, I tried to find / contact as much members as I can, I've recalled a member from AH is in this forum, that's why I'm here.
Forgive me. I'll be more specific:

You said,

"I had some experience as being an alien abductee & contactee in the year 2012 to 2013"
and then,

"only one alien did help me alot in the past to escape some corruption problem."

Can you tell us more about those experiences?

No i have backups, Got a safe full of external HDD's. It's just a hassle to dig them out and go back and rehost everything.
My wife has rebuilt one of our Fire brigade websites by hosting them on facebook and relinking them, but i suspect FB will one day do the very same thing.

I saw that coming years ago. That's why I have a personal cloud (a networked wireless hard drive) but I do need to get a backup drive for it. Thanks for the reminder. :cool:

Skyfloating isn't me, but clearly uses the same hosting service.
Its extortion imo, if you take peoples images on a free hosting basis then you should honour that, by all means charge going forward if that's what you need to do.
You will see that broken link image all over the net these days.

But I'm reminded of that no free lunch pic that predates the internet (worm on a hook with the fish looking at it)

I guess it was inevitable that "free" services on line would only be a transitory phase.

Web hosting is no different, you start off with a free sample, then as the page gets more hits the provider ups the cost.
Drug dealers use the same formula.

I guess at some point the owner of Alien Hub just couldn't afford to run it out of his own pocket.

And that's why i encourage anyone who can afford to subscribe here to do so. I'm sure plenty of people from Alien hub who were heavily invested socially and intellectually would be happy to chip in now to bring it back. But that boat has sunk. You never miss your water till the well runs dry.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't think it was your photobucket on the ATS thread, but what happened to you (with your pictures) explained why the images were hidden/removed.

No. It's in my house.
Be careful then - good backup protocol is if the site where the computer is becomes a smoking crater in the ground, you should still be able to recover the data.

Things like fire, flood, theft, data corruption... even emp events from lighting strikes.

Look into CrashPlan or backblaze.

CrashPlan will even let you backup to a buddy's house which is better than local.

Forgive me. I'll be more specific:

You said,

"I had some experience as being an alien abductee & contactee in the year 2012 to 2013"
and then,

"only one alien did help me alot in the past to escape some corruption problem."

Can you tell us more about those experiences?

It's a long story and I'm a little busy, I'll tell it here when I'm free.

Be careful then - good backup protocol is if the site where the computer is becomes a smoking crater in the ground, you should still be able to recover the data.

Things like fire, flood, theft, data corruption... even emp events from lighting strikes.

Look into CrashPlan or backblaze.

CrashPlan will even let you backup to a buddy's house which is better than local.

Crashplan is sun setting now - Backblaze is a good option. I'm obsessive about backups. I have everything available in multiple places. My photos are both in iCloud Photo Library and Google Photos, and photos and videos make up the bulk of my backups.

Crashplan is sun setting now - Backblaze is a good option. I'm obsessive about backups. I have everything available in multiple places. My photos are both in iCloud Photo Library and Google Photos, and photos and videos make up the bulk of my backups.
I’m switching to Backblaze most likely. I think it’s $50 per machine per year or something.

I need unlimited, I have a few TB of data and growing, with a few machines to back up.

Last edited:
I’m switching to Backblaze most likely. I think it’s $50 per machine per year or something.
I need unlimited, I have a few TB of data and growing, with a few machines to back up.

That's cheaper than running a separate machine 24/7 for backup, but there are other ways to do it, and if it's for business, operational costs are deductible, and in either case a local network is usually faster, and you always have direct control over it. So if one has even the most basic technical skills, there doesn't seem to be much advantage in paying for cloud-based storage. But then-again, the whole idea of cloud based computing just bothers me, so maybe there's some old-school bias there.

I haven't been there for a long time.
I am finally ready to continue working on the UFO Tracking App now I know Python and SL4A. (Huxl3y will be proud)

I tried googling the website and found this thread, which is really cool.
There is a good conversation about it here, I have only read a few posts so far.
(The disappearance of Alien Hub without explanation)

Some old faces there too, maybe we can all meet up again if we use our original usernames.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been there for a long time.
I am finally ready to continue working on the UFO Tracking App now I know Python and SL4A. (Huxl3y will be proud)

I tried googling the website and found this thread, which is really cool.
There is a good conversation about it here, I have only read a few posts so far.
(The disappearance of Alien Hub without explanation)

Some old faces there too, maybe we can all meet up again if we use our original usernames.

Hi i know u. :D
I'm Gold Fish in AE btw.

Back