• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Recent DMR's

Hoffmeister

There is no spoon
Ok so I know I haven't posted on here recently, mainly because life is very busy at the moment, but I have still been listening to the show and wanted to say just how great they were. The Keith Chester one in particular was amazing

Ok so I know I haven't posted on here recently, mainly because life is very busy at the moment, but I have still been listening to the show and wanted to say just how great they were. The Keith Chester one in particular was amazing

I'm glad you said that about the Chester interview. I downloaded it a few days back and had it in the 'mid-priority' folder. :)

His BoA interview somehow fell short of fascinating despite his great research and the subject matter. How can Foo fighters, WWII and the Korean War ever be less than excellent listening?! I'll play the DMR one tomorrow and probably give it another chance.

Cheers for the reminder.

Actually now that you mention it, I had never heard of Keith and had just downloaded and listened to the ones from Binnalls site by way of randomness. Then low and behold Don has him on the show the next day. Whilst I love Binnall, I think Dom's interview stood out as the better one by some way, he was literally asking the exact same questions i was thinking of.

I have to catch up, downloading as I write actually. If Don doesn't catch his equipment on fire or the guest seriously fucks up I'm in for some good stuff. :)

I have to catch up, downloading as I write actually. If Don doesn't catch his equipment on fire or the guest seriously fucks up I'm in for some good stuff. :)

Well, to tell you the truth Sun, my 500 Gig network drive had a serious brain fart the other day. Of course I used it to keep all my shows that I've done plus my new shows Vicious Vinyl on it. All my photo's, all my writings, my CyberstationUSA breaks, etc. ... and it fucking died. I called Seagate since it was their drive .. and fairly new .. and in essence they told me tough shit. Then they tried to get me to spend about $140.00 bucks for software to TRY to salvage it.

But having been not only a Boyscout but also a U.S. Soldier in my past life, I believe in redundancy. I have another network drive and was able to salvage most of it. Life goes on and I just ordered a 1 Terabyte drive from Tiger Direct. We will see.

Fucking Tech problems!

Decker

Don,

I fucking love you :)

And that from some german dude ;)
My 250 gig Samsung hd just crapped out on me yesterday(not kidding), it did work quite well for 2 years though....glad I had saved all the important stuff on a usb-stick.
Anyhow, downloading still and in two hours, back to selling cars (Opel /
Vauxhall in Britain).

I knocked my laptop off a Drive rack (thing that keeps all the EQs and processing gear for a big PA) onto concrete about six weeks ago so I have been living with my old desk top computer at home for the moment. When it fell it came down on the power socket that was of course plugged in at the time, so the net result was not only a broken outer case and a smashed power socket but a fried main board as well. Boy I feel like I have taken a step back into the Stone Age with my old desk top and to top it all off it looks like the drives took a little bit too much of a hit in the laptop so I have lost everything on them. I get my new one this Friday but I did not have everything backed up from the old one so lesson learnt the hard way I guess. Computers and insurance companies suck.

Thanks for posting the thread. I havent been keeping up as much as I was as the start of the year, and I thought Don was doing mainly re-runs these days. Ill have to check out those shows.

Thanks for posting the thread. I havent been keeping up as much as I was as the start of the year, and I thought Don was doing mainly re-runs these days. Ill have to check out those shows.

Well Gareth, of course YOU COULD ALWAYS ASK! lol
\
Decker

I havent been keeping up as much as I was as the start of the year, and I thought Don was doing mainly re-runs these days.

There's loads of good new shows, and the guys at cyberstation or somebody is labelling the repeats (r) on downloads now.
The michael Cremo one is good too, I have my doubts about him and his theories but its a good listen so make your own mind up. You can see the film mentioned in the show here:
You are watching The Mysterious Origins of Man | Watch Online For Free | Documentary-Log.com

Tonight, November 17/18 Walter Bosley is joining me and topics we are going to cover include our mystery missile from last week .. and who knows what else.

Decker

There's loads of good new shows, and the guys at cyberstation or somebody is labelling the repeats (r) on downloads now.
The michael Cremo one is good too, I have my doubts about him and his theories but its a good listen so make your own mind up. You can see the film mentioned in the show here:
You are watching The Mysterious Origins of Man | Watch Online For Free | Documentary-Log.com

Yeah I heard the Cremo show early last year I think (whenever you originally posted it Don).

I thought it was pretty fascinating. Whether or not ALL his theories are true is irrelevant IMO... I feel that there is enough smoke at this point.

That cremo show was a rerun, but it was brand spanking new to me. I actually remember thinking "Gee Don's hitting out of the park with this one".

....then I saw this thread and the memories of listening to that show came flooding back.

My brain isn't even trying anymore.

Edit: Hey guys, what does the (R) mean beside the shows in the archives? Are those reruns?

That cremo show was a rerun, but it was brand spanking new to me. I actually remember thinking "Gee Don's hitting out of the park with this one".

....then I saw this thread and the memories of listening to that show came flooding back.

My brain isn't even trying anymore.

Edit: Hey guys, what does the (R) mean beside the shows in the archives? Are those reruns?

I listened to the Cremo show earlier today and I'm listening to the old Mike Ruppert interview done ten years ago, good stuff.

Jesus, Ecker, you think you guys could've gone into the fortune telling business? Good God!

I tend to listen more to Micheal Cremo then the late Mr Sitchin (hopefully he has been Enlightened) I have serious problem with the idea, we'd all been monkeys, and it took us millions of years to get to were we are now. I have that feeling it just in me, there is something wrong with that story somewhere along the line.

I have no problem accepting human ancestors were found in remote parts of the world like Africa and the skulls date back to millions of years ago! I just have that feeling there was human civilizations on the planet that have longed since vanished, and perhaps some had technology which was advanced as much as we are today. I honestly, really, just can't see how it would take us knowing the potential of the human mind to not have reached some level of technological development after a couple of hundred thousand years, it just feels wrong somehow. Look how far the human has progressed in less than three hundred years or so, and to say the human in whatever form took millions of years to get to were we got six thousand years ago, makes no sense to me, I basically think what happened six thousand years ago or more, as a collective species we were time warped back to the level that was basically stone age.

An 'Event' of sometype changed the world, and what was left was survivors, and they spread out after the event ended. It of course speculation, but it has always made sense to me this could have happened knowing how the last Ice age ending, and it effects would cause to the the Southern parts of Europe and Elsewhere across the World. Most of Northern Europe and Now Russia and North America and Canada was covered in Ice perhaps miles deep and this is essentially water that needs to go somewhere when it melts (this is proven) the only difference between me and others, is the belief there was advanced societies in existence around the time this occurred about 16,000 to 12,000 years ago.

Mr Cremo rocks in my world!

I've enjoyed the recent shows a lot, especially the 'round table' which I'm half way through. The Halloween show was full of cussing and offensive language and all the better for it. :D It'd be good to hear another show for an adult audience where Don, Rich and guests speak their minds with a cacophony of bad language.

I haven't listened to Cremo because, in my non-offensive opinion, I think he's a f***ing BSer selling snakeoil to prop up his beliefs that India invented everything first. News cuttings from 19th century local newspapers aren't enough for me to be chanting hare krishna and burning science books. :D

I've enjoyed the recent shows a lot, especially the 'round table' which I'm half way through. The Halloween show was full of cussing and offensive language and all the better for it. :D It'd be good to hear another show for an adult audience where Don, Rich and guests speak their minds with a cacophony of bad language.

I haven't listened to Cremo because, in my non-offensive opinion, I think he's a f***ing BSer selling snakeoil to prop up his beliefs that India invented everything first. News cuttings from 19th century local newspapers aren't enough for me to be chanting hare krishna and burning science books. :D

Just this episode or is it you never ever listened to Cremo?

I never heard him say India invented everything first, interesting if he has said that, well what was the context for him to have such a belief, do you know? I not posting here to argue, I understand your views on stuff, it often comes across in your writing, and I hand to you it is often well-written, but your beliefs are very narrow minded. Anything that can't be found in a text book or is agreed upon by the mainstream you tend to look down on. I think you are over-educated and over-educated people often don't see the truth that is in front of them. What has Mr Cremo ever done wrong, but show people who are willing to listen, that history has many pages, and that some of those pages are still being ignored by the very people you look up to!

What a powerful response, Kadinsky. Have you read these ancient Indian texts? (Not in sanskrit, since you and I do not have knowledge of it, or even its age). Perhaps it's merely prehistoric science fiction?

Just this episode or is it you never ever listened to Cremo?

I never heard him say India invented everything first, interesting if he has said that, well what was the context for him to have such a belief, do you know? I not posting here to argue, I understand your views on stuff, it often comes across in your writing, and I hand to you it is often well-written, but your beliefs are very narrow minded. Anything that can't be found in a text book or is agreed upon by the mainstream you tend to look down on. I think you are over-educated and over-educated people often don't see the truth that is in front of them. What has Mr Cremo ever done wrong, but show people who are willing to listen, that history has many pages, and that some of those pages are still being ignored by the very people you look up to!

Well wasn't that a a fun butt-kicking?!:D

'Over-educated' is a negative thing? That's called anti-intellectualism....plain old dumbing down. My beliefs aren't narrow-minded and rarely feature on the forums. If I express a view, it's usually after a lot of reading up or a few years of thinking about the subject. I'll ignore the other generalisations, because I enjoyed reading them. Yeah I think you're talking out your ass about me, but it's cool to vent sometimes...

For years, I believed in a lot of the stuff you do. Bought the books and bored the shit outta friends with tales of Atlantis and lost civilisations. One passage in a Charles Berlitz book stood out one day and I started to check up on the stuff. Started reading academic history, studied a little at college and university. Read more. Learned more and informed myself. It's all a house of cards built on foundations of petrified horsecrap.

A lot of guys see Cremo as a hero showing the cover-up of science. With his collection of news snippets and 'sacred texts' showing advanced technology, giants and spark-plugs have been around for millions of years on Earth; he proves science has hidden it from us. Why has his research ended in the 19th Century? Why hasn't he applied the same approach to modern life? Why does he ignore evolutionary theory and keep his fans in the dark?

Possibly because he's a fundamentalist Hare Krishna follower? That his beliefs take the Bagavhad Gita literally and that anatomically modern humans walked (and flew) the Earth millions of years ago? Like Creationists, these ideas cannot stand in their literal meaning. We know that Earth wasn't created 6000 years ago and we know that Homo Sapiens Sapiens wasn't around millions of years ago. We also know that there's no evidence to support either position. So he scatters a ton of old news snippets and hearsay around and adds leading questions and special pleading to make his idea of reality slightly more plausible.

Like the Creationists, the quickest way to make your ideas seem plausible is to undermine anything that *doesn't* support them. In this case, it's science and particularly archaeology. So he goes on the attack with innuendo and aspersions that the international science community is 'hiding the truth' and that Smithsonian historians are burning the evidence. By smearing normal guys, just doing their jobs, with a veneer of dishonesty and conspiracy, he seeks to bolster his belief system.

It's easy to share his views as a lot of people feel hostile to scientists and archaeologists. His targets are other people's targets too. The crazy thing is, he isn't ragging on science so you can have space aliens building the pyramids. He isn't clearing the way to show NASA has lied or that your Tuatha Dé Danann were space visitors. He wants to piss all over science and pervert education so is beliefs in Vishnu aren't challenged and he doesn't have to think about the cognitive dissonance.

Back