• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ray Stanford has a photo of the Socorro craft & Martin Willis has seen it and is impressed but...

I've decided that I have nothing more to say on it again. I've ended up playing the role of outing someone that keeps coming back with a new name. Don't want to play it anymore. May as well drop it Ufo, let the mods go back to sleep, all's good.
LOL ... Interesting that you don't want to "play it anymore" or have "nothing more to say" but just couldn't resist saying something anyway, including suggesting that I "drop it", which is something I'm not entirely sure how to interpret. I'm just commenting on the issue of anonymity in ufology using a popular example. I'll follow that discussion as far as anyone wants to take it.

It's not really interesting. I thought people would want to know this about this person and later realized he's well liked and that maybe I should just shut up and leave it alone. And I'm thinking the mods might like to drop it too. But when you came in and added Issac to the chop block, well....hmm, wouldn't want that to become a talking point also.

It's really not about liking people, though that can happen as a consequence of getting to know posters as individual people with real life human personality beyond their avatar, but what matters most on a forum always is the quality of ideas.

All human beings deserve to be treated with respect and so the moderators moderate as they will. If an individual has a lifetime ban then so be it, and the mods should do what they should especially if it is about protecting the freedom of other posters, as it's a shared space. No one single poster should ever be made to feel vulnerable or unwanted because of anyone else's presence on the forum.

Anonymity, though, is a significant right of being online, until what you do online moves off from free speech towards the promotion of hatred and violence against others. I politely disagree with a requirement of publically outing yourself to contribute to the field. Some things, obviously not all, can be much more effective as an anonymous action.

I find the suggestions that Koi could be a heinous criminal to be reprehensible. That needs a retraction. The unknown barrister's work has been some of the most invaluable, individual Ufological efforts alongside the recent investigative historic labours of Aubeck. They both will hopefully continue to develop their efforts over time and follow in line with the entire body of Vallee's work. We need more givers like this in the field and I couldn't care less what their name is.

It's not really interesting. I thought people would want to know this about this person and later realized he's well liked and that maybe I should just shut up and leave it alone. And I'm thinking the mods might like to drop it too. But when you came in and added Issac to the chop block, well....hmm, wouldn't want that to become a talking point also.
I've not added anyone to the "chopping block". I'm just using the example of Koi to illustrate a point about anonymity. It was that person's choice to use a pseudonym, therefore he or she or they set themselves up to be used as an example. So there's no personal attack going on here. It's strictly an objective exercise. We don't know who he or she or they really are, and therefore if some clue suggests a name and that name turns out to be the same as someone's who has a bad reputation, it's not my fault. I'm just saying, hey, if you look at it this way, this is what happens, and if anonymity wasn't a factor, then that issue might very well be nonexistent.
I politely disagree with a requirement of publically outing yourself to contribute to the field. Some things, obviously not all, can be much more effective as an anonymous action.
I've made no statement that it should be a "requirement" to be forthcoming. I made the statement that not being open out of fear of professional consequences contributes to the perpetuation of stigmatization. Therefore I have greater respect for those who are forthcoming because they aren't afraid to be counted for what they believe in, and if they really do have professional credentials on top of it, then so much the better. That contributes favorably to the reputation of the field.

Last edited:
I've not added anyone to the "chopping block". I'm just using the example of Koi to illustrate a point about anonymity. It was that person's choice to use a pseudonym, therefore he or she or they set themselves up to used as an example. There's no personal attack going on here. It's strictly an objective exercise. We don't know who he or she or they really are, and therefore if some clue suggests a name and that name turns out to be the same as someone's who has a bad reputation, it's not my fault. I'm just saying, hey, if you look at it this way, this is what happens, and if anonymity wasn't a factor, then that issue might very well be nonexistent.

I've made no statement that it should be a "requirement" to be forthcoming. I made the statement that not being open out of fear of professional consequences contributes to the perpetuation of stigmatization. Therefore I have greater respect for those who are forthcoming because they aren't afraid to be counted for what they believe in.

Got your point a little better , sorry I'm so slow. To the more forthcoming, everywhere on the net, I find they are more responsible in what and how they say things. Googling my name will bring you here. I'm not embarrassed for anything I've said here so there's that. But I accept that the vast majority want that privacy. Gene's version of breadcrumbs is isp(?), I'm assuming. I came to realize via written breadcrumbs of a trail elsewhere and found that I didn't enjoy following. It starts to take on a type of stalking that I wanted to walk from. Hence my previous break from this place. My conditions to participate have nothing to do with people agreeing with me. Only that they not demean me while I'm making my point. So I haven't been able to unify the two ideals. Typical me, though, saw the same person out and about and decided I just needed to tell the world again....well....honestly..lol, who gives a shit. He's well liked here and his style is acceptable. I need to get over myself and move on. But I understand what your saying a bit better!

Got your point a little better , sorry I'm so slow. To the more forthcoming, everywhere on the net, I find they are more responsible in what and how they say things. Googling my name will bring you here. I'm not embarrassed for anything I've said here so there's that. But I accept that the vast majority want that privacy. Gene's version of breadcrumbs is isp(?), I'm assuming. I came to realize via written breadcrumbs of a trail elsewhere and found that I didn't enjoy following. It starts to take on a type of stalking that I wanted to walk from. Hence my previous break from this place. My conditions to participate have nothing to do with people agreeing with me. Only that they not demean me while I'm making my point. So I haven't been able to unify the two ideals. Typical me, though, saw the same person out and about and decided I just needed to tell the world again....well....honestly..lol, who gives a shit. He's well liked here and his style is acceptable. I need to get over myself and move on. But I understand what your saying a bit better!
Certainly no need for you to apologize, and I do appreciate that you took the time to reflect on the point. I like your posts and figured we had just gotten off on the wrong track with this one :)

I admire the people who are open and honest about who they are on this forum.However I fully support any one who needs to use a pseudonym.If my interest in the paranormal was relayed to some of my clients then I would lose work and I cannot afford at this point in my life to take this risk.
As regards to Koi and Ufology's "unmasking" I can appreciate where your coming with this but for some reason I'm not comfortable with it.Ronaway has no correlation with my real name or background.It is purely something misheard by me as a child.Honeypot may be the latest incarnation of a controversial past poster but he/she makes some good points.
I really enjoy the forums here and think they are among the most mature and respectful anywhere.Maybe it's just me but it seems to have become a little more tetchy recently.
Ultimately none of us have all if any of the answers so lets carry on debating and agreeing to disagree but with the class and decorum that this site usually exhibits.

I admire the people who are open and honest about who they are on this forum.
Yup.
However I fully support any one who needs to use a pseudonym.
I generally support people's right to anonymity as well. Only in extreme cases is it justified to force disclosure of an anonymous identity.
If my interest in the paranormal was relayed to some of my clients then I would lose work and I cannot afford at this point in my life to take this risk.
I actually seriously doubt that claim and there's no way to prove it short of doing it, and for all you really know, you might gain clients. The subject of ufology is engrained in modern culture all the way down to the graphics on iPhone apps. It's all in how you present yourself. Come across as rational and objective and you would probably find many people are interested in the subject. I've talked to literally hundreds of people in person and not once has any of them been harshly critical, and most have found it very interesting. Canadian ufologist Christ Rutkowski works at a university and so far as I know has had no problems as a result of his interest. IMO there is really little to fear but the fear itself.
As regards to Koi and Ufology's "unmasking" I can appreciate where your coming with this but for some reason I'm not comfortable with it.Ronaway has no correlation with my real name or background.It is purely something misheard by me as a child.Honeypot may be the latest incarnation of a controversial past poster but he/she makes some good points.
The average forum poster is one thing, but someone like Koi with a dedicated website and a bit of a following is another. There's more reason for those people to come out into the open and use their notoriety ( if they actually have any ) to add acceptance and credibility to the field rather than contributing to the cultural repression. That being said, the Koi site is pretty good. I haven't been through everything, and so far I'm not knocking the effort or the content, but I also still agree with Chris that anonymity in this day and age raises a caution flag.

These aren't the days of the cold war and the Robertson Panel any more. The fear factor is overblown. If one is mature, objective, and intelligent when discussing UFOs and uses a little discretion, it adds interest to one's character and it can be a very positive experience. There's so many really interesting branches to ufology. I don't actually know of any otherwise "normal" person who has taken an interest in it and whose life it's ruined. It's done nothing but enrich my life. Even my experience debating with the skeptics contributed some very positive aspects to my understanding. I still can't think of any other field that is overall as fascinating ( to me ) from a historical, scientific, and cultural perspective.

I really enjoy the forums here and think they are among the most mature and respectful anywhere.Maybe it's just me but it seems to have become a little more tetchy recently.
Ultimately none of us have all if any of the answers so lets carry on debating and agreeing to disagree but with the class and decorum that this site usually exhibits.
Sounds good to me, but at the same time I don't like sweeping things under the rug. I'm happy to leave it until someone else lifts the carpet and finds it there, at which time I'll probably say something again, like, "I keep on encouraging people to be open and objective and honest and help clean it up; but not everyone has the wherewithal." That doesn't make them "bad people". It's just too bad that they have to feel that way because of the continued stigmatization, that by being afraid to test, only adds to the problem.

I'll grant that maybe I should have tried a less provocative approach, but the example I used is based on real life experience exactly as I described it. I didn't go out of my way to make it controversial. It just worked out that way, so I figured just go with reality and let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited:
You talk a lot of sense and I rarely disagree with you.Perhaps I would be pleasantly surprised by the response of some of my clients but I'm too chicken at the moment to take that risk.
It's not the kind of thing you necessarily want to advertise, but in my experience, virtually everyone I've asked whether or not they've seen a UFO has indicated that they either have seen something they thought was unusual, or if they haven't, they know someone who has, or if they draw a total blank it's because they really haven't talked about it with anyone, and have found it to be an interesting introduction. In my own business dealings ( doing outcall PC repairs, website work, and such ), I've actually made some positive connections, because when other people who might be hesitant discover it's OK to talk to you about it, they want to support you too. So the trick is getting a feel for them rather coming across as evangelical about it.

Off Topic Post...
You talk a lot of sense and I rarely disagree with you. Perhaps I would be pleasantly surprised by the response of some of my clients but I'm too chicken at the moment to take that risk.
I would strongly advise you to remain completely anonymous here and never reveal your real identity to anyone here, especially, any moderator. Unless there are criminal or other legal issues, such as a subpoena, then there is absolutely no valid reason to know anyone's real identity here, imo. Why? Let me count the ways, and I will in a thread topic about this. To continue to post here about this subject is Off Topic.

I have no interest in posting to any Socorro threads until some real evidence is presented. I regret posting to such a poisonous thread. But any further issues relating to me may cause a further response on this thread or elsewhere, so I hope we can move on now.

I want to warn others here that posting about Ray Stanford and questioning some of Socorro's "claims" has caused someone here [with real forum powers] to firmly believe [including some other people here] that there is an active smear campaign to attack Ray Stanford. You can be labeled a troll, as two people have already done. I've only questioned what screen name "Socorro" aka Ben Moss has posted here. I have never personally attacked Ray Stanford in any post here, and I dare anyone to prove I did. Don't think for a second you will get away with quoting fragmented sentences from me to prove otherwise by taking what I said entirely out of context to change the meaning of what my point was/is. One person already did this and called me a 5 year old and a troll. I'll let that one slide, but it's the last time that will happen.

Last edited:
In an feb 22 , 2015 interveiw with george knapp, Ray Stanford says that J. Allen Hynek also took a polaroid photo the same day and just minutes apart from standfords photo that shows the crafts in his photo as well.He has a few generations down copy of the photo but not the original. Standford and james fox went to the national archives to find the original of the hynek photo with no luck but he is still trying to track it down.That photo needs to be found before stanford gets his hands on it and petulanty withholds it ,or some mufon capitalist finds it and stamps a ticket price on it before viewing or james fox locates it and keeps it hidden because he wants to reveal it in his "701" movie that will most likely never see the light of day.

just a thought

I'm slightly surprised that more of the relevant red flags regarding Ray Stanford, his background, his previous claims and the claims regarding his Socorro photo haven't been posted in this thread but it may simply be that others, like me, simply don't think it would be worth the effort involved.
Since you do a lot of archive work preserving a lot of UFO history and information, I highly advise anyone wanting to preserve "the record" on Ray Stanford to download and save every radio broadcast or podcast he's done. Why? Ray really has revealed a lot of what he believes he has on film and photos and tape recordings about UFO's, alien pilots, and motherships -all preserved in his own words publicly "on air".

These claims are so fantastic and truly unbelievable that Ray Stanford seems to have single-handedly obtained all the smoking guns of Ufology to prove ET Aliens and their UFO's really exist as nuts and bolts craft. All captured on film or photos by Ray Stanford himself.

Is Chris O'Brien going to publish a book on Ray Stanford? Will it be released within 2-3 years with Ray's approval as an authorized biography?

Or, is Chris O'Brien's plan to release an unauthorized book about Ray Stanford after he dies?
You conveniently forgot the the last part of my welcome..."Who are you? You know who I am, I'd welcome an introduction." I'm old school: I have little respect for people who feel they need to hide behind avatars. Using excuses like "privacy," or fear of work blowback or _____ (fill in the blank) are lame boy excuses and don't wash in my book. Introducing yourself after a promise of confidentiality is only a big deal when you have something to hide. When a forum moderator kindly asks someone to introduce themselves and is completely ignored, that sends a signal.
I'll answer this in another thread topic, as long as you [or Gene] won't ban me for doing it. You and Gene are both trigger happy to get rid of me from this forum.

Also, why do you think there is a smear campaign to discredit Ray Stanford?
A scietist at Goddard determned elevation and distance.
Can you tell us whom the Goddard scientist is? What is their qualifications to do this analysis? Are they currently working for Goddard, or were they retired from Goddard when they did this analysis privately not sponsored or paid to Goddard? In other words, does Goddard back these claims too?

Last edited:
Is Chris O'Brien going to publish a book on Ray Stanford? Will it be released within 2-3 years with Ray's approval as an authorized biography?
Or, is Chris O'Brien's plan to release an unauthorized book about Ray Stanford after he dies?
The best way to put this issue into perspective is to just listen to what Chris has to say about his connection with Stanford. We have seen the kind of work Chris does and it is excellent. He's not one of the wide-eyed true believers, so if he says Ray has some interesting stuff then I have no doubt in my mind that he does. Therefore it's a good thing Chris in a position to do his thing with it should that time come. In the meantime, Chris has tried to encourage Stanford to come forward, but to paraphrase Ecker: "Ray's a curmudgeon". That's not Chris' fault, so let's not get the two researchers confused. We're dealing with two completely different types of personalities.
I'll answer this in another thread topic, as long as you [or Gene] won't ban me for doing it. You and Gene are both trigger happy to get rid of me from this forum.
I haven't seen you causing so much of a problem that you should be banned. I've even been banned. It's no big deal. This is the most tolerant forum I've ever been on. Trust me. I'll tell you how trigger happy Gene is: You have to touch just the right nerve to make Gene sneeze exactly while his mouse is over the "Ban" button ... keep trying and you might accidentally just get it right ... LOL.

I've made my own comments about Stanford's non-disclosure, and while I'm at it, just to show you that differing opinions are tolerated here, I'll add that if Stanford really had scientifically valid material evidence of the objective reality of UFOs, the MIB would have shown up a long time ago confiscated it and drove him nuts like they did with Bennewitz, or maybe they have ... :eek: !

Also, why do you think there is a smear campaign to discredit Ray Stanford?
Smear campaign? I hadn't noticed. Actually I hope @Christopher O'Brien does get to write a book about Stanford. I'd probably be one of the first in line to buy it :D.

Last edited:
Smear campaign? I hadn't noticed. Actually I hope @Christopher O'Brien does get to write a book about Stanford. I'd probably be one of the first in line to buy it :D.
Yes, there has been a smear campaign for far longer than I have known Ray. Where much of the derogatory info online is from a "Sue Sharpei" or some such name. This person started viciously dogging Ray for his dino work back in the 80s, (if memory serves correct) then, when she found out about Ray's interest in ufology, she dug around in his distant past and started to post rumors, disinfo and the like about Ray's psychic work from the 1960s and early '70s. As to the book, I spent 5 years (2002-2007) interviewing Ray mostly on the phone about his ufological life. Over 100 hours of tapes. I put everything in a timeline format starting from his childhood in the mid 1940s to 2007. The entire story is in Ray's own words, edited by me for brevity. I left my questions in the text to give the stories and his direct answers even more pop and sizzle. It's so far beyond unbelievable, it could only be true, IMO. He literally knew everyone important person (and many witnesses) in the field from the mid-1950s through the 198s. I didn't attempt this project to make money, become famous or any other self-serving goal. I did it because Ray trusted me and to make sure that this man's amazing life was documented for history. There, I said it...

I am going to have Gene put up a Paracast+ thread where I will start posting excerpts, for those who are interested in this incredible man and his beyond fantastic life story. He doesn't think I should publish the book until after he has made his work public. He doesn't think it would sell until he's back on the map, so to speak... I finished it in 2010 and occasionally add bits when I hear something he forgot to mention, etc.

Yes, there has been a smear campaign for far longer than I have known Ray. Where much of the derogatory info online is from a "Sue Sharpei" or some such name. This person started dogging Ray for his dino work back in the 80s, (if memory serves correct) then, when she found out about Ray's interest in ufology, she dug around in his distant past and started to post rumors, disinfo and the like about Ray's psychic work from the 1960s and early '70s. As to the book, I spent 5 years (2002-2007) interviewing Ray mostly on the phone about his ufological life. Over 100 hours of tapes. I put everything in a timeline format starting from 1955 to 2005. The entire story is in Ray's own words, edited by me for brevity. I left my questions in the text to give the stories and his direct answers even more pop and sizzle. It's so far beyond unbelievable, it could only be true, IMO. He literally knew everyone important in the field through the 198s.

I am going to have Gene put up a Paracast+ thread where I will start posting excerpts, for those who are interested in this incredible man and his beyond fantastic life story. He doesn't think I should publish the book until after he has made his work public. He doesn't think it would sell until he's back on the map, so to speak... I finished it in 2010 and occasionally add bits when I hear something he forgot to mention, etc.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know anyone was actively out there dogging him. That's weird. I think his dino track discoveries are totally cool. No matter how you look at it, he's an interesting character and an objective look at his work and life certainly deserves a place in the history of the field.

He doesn't think I should publish the book until after he has made his work public. He doesn't think it would sell until he's back on the map, so to speak... I finished it in 2010 [...]
Chris, seriously take this under advisement: Ray has been saying for years "on air" all the evidence he possesses. There is literally nothing new Ray can possibly say that he has proof of on the public record. The problem is Stanford withholds all the evidence from the public seeing any of the evidence. Now, after the recent past history of the Roswell Slides and its aftermath, it seems that strategy of withholding evidence for decades now yet publicly making claims during all those years too will backfire and cause harm to all involved.

The Roswell Slides proves that Open Source sharing of information can rapidly reveal "the truth" about the evidence. Furthermore, the Roswell Slides proves Ufology is an extremist religion of believer UFO gurus and "media hacks" that will continue to promote literally lies about what the Roswell Slides proved... That is: that there is an ongoing conspiracy to cover-up this was a real ET Alien. Whitley Strieber, Linda Moulton Howe, and the Mexico connection were promoting these ideas publicly "on air" after the Roswell Slides was proven a fraud. Whom do you want to believe?

Chris, you obviously have not come forward to say you have extensive darkroom experience enlarging black and white or color photos before digital photography existed. Ray Stanford always sent off his prized UFO films and photos to be processed independently, so he never had the darkroom experience to know the limitations of photographic enlargement by direct darkroom experience. Until Ray Stanford's >>>original<<< films and negatives of photos are examined independently by photographic experts >>>never<<< connected to UFO's or the paranormal -or- far far better, the original high resolution scans are released online unaltered and not enhanced, then Ray Stanford has no proof of anything! There are no smoking guns, because there is no honest and real public record to prove otherwise.

This thread proves beyond any doubt that you will not be taken seriously until the evidence is proven. Open Source "online" is the best way to go. I trust my own abilities to analyze original unaltered and not enhanced high resolution scans of the original negatives or original film frames over any Goddard scientist, or Adobe, or the Pentagon, etc. etc. The Roswell Slides proves what will happen if Ray Stanford does not do this soon!

Just to be clear with everyone on this thread: So, Chris O'Brien you're not suggesting there has been an active campaign to discredit Ray Stanford on this thread too? Do you think Paracast members posting here are involved in an organized "smear campaign" consciously or unconsciously to discredit Ray Stanford here too? If yes, then why do you think that? Should these people be banned?

Last edited:
Back