• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ray Stanford Does it yet Again -- Front Page: Washington Post

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Ray's dinosaur track discovery on the grounds of the Goddard Space Flight Center:
NASADino7_1345235520.jpg

[Kudos to Ray--I'm sure we'll hear of more amazing discoveries as he continues to dazzle science --re-writing East Coast paleontology with his sharp eye and amazing analytical acuity. What is not mentioned in the WP article is his other diagnostic work (his true passion) that is light-years beyond mere dinosaurs and planet earth. I sincerely hope he'll finally publish this work soon. But in the meantime, lest we forget, his ground-breaking paleo discoveries have already been established and one of these discoveries is now featured on permanent display in the Smithsonian's Natural History Museum.

It should be obvious by now that Ray Stanford is a gifted, rare individual graced with a heightened degree of observational acuity that appears to be far beyond us mere mortals. ---chris

Note: pardon the sound of *skeptical teeth grinding*, I suspect they'll get over it, eventually, right Lance?]

pssst---BTW: Last month Ray captured evidence of something else even more noteworthy FLYING ABOVE Goddard Space Flight Center. *lol* He will continue to amaze and dazzle us. Go get 'em Ray! :)

"... Note: pardon the sound of *Lance's teeth grinding*, I suspect he'll get over it, eventually...]..."

A little context if you could please. does lance also deny the previous existence of dinosaurs ?

"... Note: pardon the sound of *Lance's teeth grinding*, I suspect he'll get over it, eventually...]..."A little context if you could please. does lance also doubt the previous existence of dinosaurs ?
No dude, he thinks Ray Stanford is a sham/huckster/pseudo-scientist without any credibility whatsoever. Correct me if I'm wrong Mr. Moody...

Do your research spookydude and search the Stanford threads on the Paracast. Then post your informed thoughts from your obscure 'net perspective.

Well a tip of the hat to ray, I do know that you think very highly of him, I believe I heard you mention that it is his findings on ufo activity are what keeps you from straying too far from the eth theory ?

You gotta admit the juxtaposition between the track and where it was found is pretty frickin' sweet. I do hope it will be refered to in the future as the stanford track (or something like that)

Well a tip of the hat to ray, I do know that you think very highly of him, I believe I heard you mention that it is his findings on ufo activity are what keeps you from straying too far from the eth theory ? You gotta admit the juxtaposition between the track and where it was found is pretty frickin' sweet.
When he allows me to post the "other" find he captured during a casual visit last month to Goddard (where Sheila, his wife works), I think that will be the sweetest icing on the UFO cake that you could possibly imagine! The guy never ceases to amaze even me--a jaded, cynical anti-ETH opponent lol :)

When he allows me to post the "other" find he captured during a casual visit last month to Goddard (where Sheila, his wife works), I think that will be the sweetest icing on the UFO cake that you could possibly imagine! The guy never ceases to amaze even me--a jaded, cynical anti-ETH opponent lol :)

I was completely unfamiliar with Ray Stanford so I decided to Google him to learn as much as I can. I found an earlier Washington Post article, dated to this past April, which I feel does an excellent job covering Stanford and his interests. He sounds like quite a character. I have the utmost respect for any autodidact who has earned the credentials and the reputation that he has. It seems like his latest find is truly a gift to science. I hope to learn more and would appreciate it if you would keep us informed.

I hope to learn more and would appreciate it if you would keep us informed.
His true passion is the scientific study of AAPs (anomalous aerial objects) a quest he has been actively pursuing since the early 195os. Listen to his Paracast episodes to get introduced.... they barely touch the width and breath of his 50+ year experience in the field, but will bring you somewhat up2speed on his amazing work...

From Ray:
"A very special thanks must go to Mark Hess, Director of Public Affairs at Goddard, for his quick and gracious follow-through on the Nodosaur footprint matter, at the request of myself and of the Washington Post's science writer, Brian Vastag. I was very positively impressed by the kindness and professional-quality behavior and attitudes of all the NASA people who were assigned to their various tasks in Friday's unusual session.
Perhaps NASA needs to hire a paleontologist or two, and not only have them look over their various terrestrial sites carefully, but primarily to watch images from Mars rovers, for any fossils that other observers, including soil chemists, mineralogists, and some geologists, might not recognize.

"Well, back to earth, I hope NASA authorities will keep their promise to protect that footprint and allow me to do a paleontological survey of the whole site, where three or four small dislodged dinosaur footprints were picked up by NASA staffers, and identified with my help, during the session [w/ the press at Goddard]...

"United Press International (UPI) carried their own account, but it was clearly just an extrapolation based upon Brian Vastag's Washington Post story.Goddard Public Affairs hasn't had time to put together their own release (hopefully with the videos they got on Friday), but when they have done that and I learn of the link, it will gladly be passed along...

"Finally, in case you haven't already done so, enjoy the Smithsonian's Dinosaurs in Out Back Yard at the following link. There are links and references there to some of my reports on Maryland's dinosaur footprints, in case you'd like to see them. GO TO: Smithsonian - Dinosaurs in Our Backyard - Amateur Paleontologists

"I'm heading for an ABC News interview about the find at the Goddard Visitor's Center. Goddard Public Affairs will provide them with video of the interview they did with me on Friday, because neither NASA nor I would want to lead media people to the actual site.

"Whether we are looking into deep space, the blue oxygen-and-water-rich atmosphere or waters of our home planet, or into 'deep terrestrial time' via evidence of ancient life right where space scientists and others walk today, LOOKING CLOSELY and asking ourselves good questions about what we notice, can enrich our knowledge base, and make life much more fascinating."

Again, Kudos to Ray!!!

Still waiting patiently for you to maybe nudge Ray into showing a photo or two Chris! I swear if I had the spare cash I'd ask him if I could come to D.C to see his presentation. As it is though, we shall have to wait for Ray to show us the goods.

Obviously I hope Ray lives a long time but I wonder If Ray ever died before deciding to publish his UFO work, would he have something in place so that the material would see the light of day? Or would we all be fresh outta luck?

Good stuff from Ray on the paleontology score.

Back