• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Crystal Skull expert Stephen Mehler

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Since we had SO MUCH FUN (239 posts on 24 pages) we have decided to bring on crystal skull researcher Stephen Mehler. Mehler is widely considered to be the world's top expert and was the protege of Nick Nocerino. His approach to studying the skulls is more grounded and based in fact. I mentioned to him that there is a tremendous interest in what we know scientifically, so that will be a main focus. But here's your chance to participate and ask specific questions. We are taping this Thur morning so post 'em quick!

Since we had SO MUCH FUN (239 posts on 24 pages) we have decided to bring on crystal skull researcher Stephen Mehler. Mehler is widely considered to be the world's top expert and was the protege of Nick Nocerino. His approach to studying the skulls is more grounded and based in fact. I mentioned to him that there is a tremendous interest in what we know scientifically, so that will be a main focus. But here's your chance to participate and ask specific questions. We are taping this Thur morning so post 'em quick!

Too bad Lance isn't around to ask some good questions. I was impressed with how in-depth he went in the last thread.

But I'll ask one (or two):

Why is there so much BS surrounding the crystal skulls (IE the lies around the Mitchell-Hedges skull) and why has nothing conclusive ever come from studying them? To my knowledge there have been no double blind tests done on the skulls, tests which seem to be simple enough to do.

Do you think the belief in crystal skulls is akin to that of religious relics?

Are you aware that I called Dr. Smith of the advanced skullsrbunksocietyandhumanistparadise.org? He said that according to a test ran in 1996 the skulls were all fake and there has never been a society that ever,ever in the history of the world who ever made them? Are you aware that in 1998 Stephen Mehler passed Stephen Greer in an airport on the way to a ufo conference and since he asscoiates with such people that nothing you can ever say about him will be anything but psuedo science? Nick Nocerino? Hah, did you know that there was not enough evidence to take anything seriously he ever did? I called Professor nowayjose of the institueofwhat'shappeninginhumanismnow.org and he assured me that it's just laughable but (roll eyes) go ahead and have this quack on. Yer all idiots!

After thinking about it I think my barb about idiots was a little over the top. This isn't like me. So let me just say that I am sorry for the idiocy that has attracted idiots and the paranomal is all bunk and any measurment or opinion to the contray can be mimicked by oldmagiciansareus.com so it is certainly all bunk ya dummies.

I'm sorry for the tone and saying dummies. that is soooo unlike me but the idiocy of idiots just makes me so mad.

Darwin Bless. :p

Too bad Lance isn't around to ask some good questions. I was impressed with how in-depth he went in the last thread.

Do you think the belief in crystal skulls is akin to that of religious relics?

Makes you wonder, "What's the point?"

But anyway, you asked my question. Aren't crystal skulls in fact a form of religious fetish?

As you say the focus will be on what we know scientifically, so i am interested in the precise nature of the "tests" done, what instruments are used and the data gleaned expectations/results etc.

Specifics on dating seem approriate given the debate thus far.

The role science takes in determining provenance etc etc

I don't want to prejudge what you listeners think about Mehler's presentation on June 26th, but, in talking with him after the show, I discovered that we were born in the same hospital (in Brooklyn, New York) only two days apart. That is really, really strange. :D

Yes, he's the older one.

I don't want to prejudge what you listeners think about Mehler's presentation on June 26th, but, in talking with him after the show, I discovered that we were born in the same hospital (in Brooklyn, New York) only two days apart. That is really, really strange. :D

Yes, he's the older one.

That's always pretty cool.
My wife has a cousin that was born on the exact same day as me.

I just listened to this episode today, and I have to say this guy is nuts.

"Human thought" can reside in crystal's "point defects"? How? What physical form does a human thought take that is possible to exist outside of the human brain? How is it transmitted from the generating brain to the skull? How long is it able to be stored without degradation? He causes many more questions to arise than he bothers to answer.

Oh, and the fact that the Hebrew people, when escaping the Egyptians, took their diamond cutting tools with them? If this guy really IS an archeologist, he'd know that there is NO evidence whatsoever that the Hebrew people were ever slaves in Egypt. Never, not at all, zip, nada.

Add to that the fact that he as much as admitted that NO diamond tools have ever been found in ancient archeological sites is telling, as is the fact that he dismisses the idea of "sanctioned" archeological sites. As a professional, IF he is one, he would know that a documented, sanctioned dig is the ONLY way that the providence of an artifact can be assured. Sanctioned sites meticulously document the exact location of each artifact found - the layer in which it is found, the precise coordinates in the site, the relationship of each artifact with nearby artifacts, etc. Photos are taken, both in situ and and out, from all angles. These facts are critical in determining the age of an artifact, especially non-organic items that cannot be independently tested through carbon dating. They also identify it for future use in case of theft or loss.

Which is why mainstream archeology dismisses the age determinations of such things as these skulls unless they can be examined under a powerful microscope and other instruments to see of there is any evidence of modern tool markings. It is well known that artifacts that are illegally dug up are often virtually useless in many ways due to the loss of data through there being no documentation as to site and location.

As for his woo-woo claims of "vibrations" and energy, well, that isn't any better documented than other claims of paranormal extrasensory perception, which is all his claims really boil down to, no matter what fancy names he puts to them!

Chris and Gene, you guys were much too nice to this clown.

Back