• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Poll: What Are Black Triangles?

What Are Black Triangles?

• INTERPLANATARY CRAFT: from another Planet.

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • INTERDIMENSIONAL CRAFT: from another dimension.

Votes: 23 18.9%
  • FUTURE CRAFT: from the future.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • BLACK OPS MILITARY: Stealth Blimp Technology.

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • BLACK OPS MILITARY: Alien-Reverse-Engineered TR-3B type thing.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • BLACK OPS MILITARY: Hi-Tech Aroura type Jet.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • MISIDENTIFIED: It's an airplane, a B2, Space Junk, something explainable.

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • UNDERWATER OR HOLLOW EARTH: From within the planet EARTH.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • NOTHING: Black Triangles don't exist.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • NONE OF THE ABOVE: Oh, they're real - but not on this list.

Votes: 15 12.3%

• Total voters
According to Phil Imbrogno, during the Hudson Valley flap the black triangles shot a beam of light down on some of the cars and homes over which they flew. Most of the people in those cars or homes subsequently had paranormal events which happened to them (e.g., abductions). Mr. Imbrogno's view was that the triangle's occupants were 'looking for people' in flying over the Hudson Valley. Clearly they didn't mind being seen by tens of thousands.

If true (and I believe Mr. Imbrogno to be a credible researcher), I highly doubt our military has the ability to identify and subsequently track specific individuals by shining a beam down on their automobiles as they are stopped along the parkway, or to determine which family member is in a house at the time that a beam is directly down on them. Perhaps some of these craft are ours (e.g., the craft which overflew Art Bell near his home near Area 51), but the behavior and follow up exhibited in Hudson Valley tells me there is much more to this than human activity.

I seem to recall some bizarre encounter while watching a show on the Discovery Channel but it's been a while so I'm not sure where I saw it. The story involved a soldier on training excercise at night and his squad encountered a black triangle. Most of his fellow soldiers were hypnotised in a way but he managed to keep his witts for a while. Other (army) personnel dressed in black outfits 'handled' the soldiers. One soldier has some recollection. Like I said, it was somewhat bizarre and I don't recall any names. Have any of you heard about this story or similar ones?

Isn't that the Wietzel case?? I just read something about this recently. Is that it?

And as far as BT cases go, the incident in Jan 2000 that occurred in Illinois, just southeast of St Louis, where several police officers from various small communities witnessed a craft fitting the general BT description seems like one of the better cases in recent years. The History channel had a documentary on this that airs from time to time.

According to Phil Imbrogno, during the Hudson Valley flap the black triangles shot a beam of light down on some of the cars and homes over which they flew. Most of the people in those cars or homes subsequently had paranormal events which happened to them (e.g., abductions). Mr. Imbrogno's view was that the triangle's occupants were 'looking for people' in flying over the Hudson Valley. Clearly they didn't mind being seen by tens of thousands.

If true (and I believe Mr. Imbrogno to be a credible researcher), I highly doubt our military has the ability to identify and subsequently track specific individuals by shining a beam down on their automobiles as they are stopped along the parkway, or to determine which family member is in a house at the time that a beam is directly down on them. Perhaps some of these craft are ours (e.g., the craft which overflew Art Bell near his home near Area 51), but the behavior and follow up exhibited in Hudson Valley tells me there is much more to this than human activity.

I think there is a clue with the area that is New York. This area has a long history of paranormal events going back centuries and some of the high profile UFO Contactee and Abduction cases have come from that location. I Find it a bit odd, that the Hudson valley Flap of the 1980's has received less exposure than other cases in ufology, considering how long it lasted and how many people witnessed this event.

I Find it a bit odd, that the Hudson valley Flap of the 1980's has received less exposure than other cases in ufology, considering how long it lasted and how many people witnessed this event.

Yes, especially if you accept, even partially, the evidence from the Imbrogno book then this seems very, very odd. In the book he talks about whole groups of people stopped along major highways watching these events unfold. Same story with the 1997 Phoenix lights. It all makes me scratch my head. I'm just never in the right place at the right time...

An idea I've been playing with lately involves the vast size of some sightings. 'Football field' sized. That's fairly large by aerospace standards. They're often described as silent or maybe a humming/throbbing sound is present.

Popular developments in our understanding of these craft suggests black-tech dirigibles...lightweight airships based on a triangular frame. They fly low and slow over population centres and semi-rural areas. Lights are often a feature. I can accept this as an explanation of some or most sightings.

I've questioned (and many others) why they have been reported for 30 plus years when our current military capabilities seem to fall short. Still, it's a reasonable idea that some are our own.

My recent idea relates to the diverse amount of spy satellites currently circling our Earth. If there really are huge black triangles gliding at low altitude...wouldn't somebody's eyes be watching? Wouldn't a satellite see one of them? If a human eye can see them a camera can see them. If it's under darkness...spy satellites use other spectrums to see with.

Stealth tech dissipates radar returns to the point that a solid craft can appear to be a flock of birds, insect swarm or meteorological condition etc. They still leave thermal traces. They still make a lot of noise. They fly high to minimise the chances of identification.

Assuming even a minority of huge triangle claims are accurate...if they are ours, wouldn't Chinese and Russian sources have leaked knowledge of the US' best new tech by now? How can a successful technology remain secret for over three decades without being used or reported on by foreign agencies?

Yes, especially if you accept, even partially, the evidence from the Imbrogno book then this seems very, very odd. In the book he talks about whole groups of people stopped along major highways watching these events unfold. Same story with the 1997 Phoenix lights. It all makes me scratch my head. I'm just never in the right place at the right time...

I can't be sure that actually happened, but outside of Imbrogno and what he claimed happened, there has been a substantial number of eyewitnesses who have come forward with their real names over the years, and those individuals have detailed their experiences in different venues. Imbrogno i believe is a credible researcher, and i see nothing that he has produced over the years would led me to question his motives. He said in a interview a couple of years ago, it was either Binnal or Paratopia, it was Hynek who told him to investigate the Hudson valley flap of the 1980's, and he said to Imbrogno look for window areas. You don't need to be a genius to figure out what he meant.

Imbrogno based on what i heard in the interview, was of the believe, Hynek knew more than he was willing to reveal. It was slightly cryptic the information he revealed to Imbrogno.

Imbrogno claimed also he had a friend in the CIA and while he was investigating this case, his friend said to him "stay away from this one" Imbrogno also claims he was the only ever researcher that was contacted by the Air force after project blue book closed, a Major rang him i believe and i can't for the life of me recall the details of the conversation.

Well, the blue ones that are a little bigger than a 747 are mine although they could look black at night. I don't know about the others however I do recognize style of the tech in some of the pics.

John Powell
JP Aerospace
www.jpaerospace.com

Well, the blue ones that are a little bigger than a 747 are mine although they could look black at night. I don't know about the others however I do recognize style of the tech in some of the pics.

John Powell
JP Aerospace
www.jpaerospace.com

Gosh. I am very glad you take part to that discussion.
I read your patent US7614586.

I am sure you have though and studied the Phoenix case.
My own study pushed me to think that the V seen by Tim Ley did came from high altitude.

Did you consider a derivation of your patent US7614586 where the "orbital spaceship" or an equivalent diamond shaped object could make it directly to the ground, hence, replace by a single machine the combination "atmospheric airship" + "orbital spaceship" ? What are the reasons that would make that very hard ? Or is your configuration essentially as is for cost reduction reasons ?

My last question : Were you inspired by the phoenix case for your concepts ?

A NARCAP Triangle report from 1967.....if its one of ours we have a heck of an airforce....

61. October 27, 1967 0300L UP NE Jacksonville (Atlantic Ocean)
This fascinating aerial encounter involved Charlie Little, pilot of a Piper-Twin Commanche PA-30 (N7942Y). He was multi-engine rated and a flight instructor. Two other commercially rated pilots, and a passenger were also on board. Having taken off from Opa-Locka, FL to Morristown, NJ, they were headed ENE at 8,000 feet altitude in uncontrolled airspace under an IFR flight plan but were in radio contact with Jacksonville ARTCC for safety reasons. Stars were visible in the dark sky. Ground control helped them maintain a correct heading when their two VORs apparently displayed significantly large angular deviations toward the east. About half-way between Jacksonville and Charleston, SC over the ocean at least three of the occupants saw a light moving across the sky and interpreted it to be a commercial flight at high altitude bound for Miami. But the light began to descend and approach their airplane. The pilot radioed radar control to inquire if any other traffic was seen in their vicinity (now at their one o’clock position high and seemingly southbound). The answer was "negative."
Little turned his landing and taxi lights on. He said (later), "As the light came closer and closer, it was very apparent that we were going to pass very close and that the aircraft was not making any move to avoid us." He then asked for permission to descend immediately... "We may need all the way to the deck immediately." He received permission to do so even though permission was not legally required. Under the circumstances, he was probably trying to set an example of extra-safe procedures for the benefit of the other two pilots on board. Little then disengaged the autopilot, pulled the throttle back and pushed the wheel forward "...trying to avoid a head-on collision. We descended to 6,500 feet but the lights came closer and closer." Then they saw not one but six, huge, round, bright, white lights in a (horizontal) row. "A collision seemed imminent. Panicking, I yelled, ‘We can’t get away from him!’ The situation seemed hopeless; there was no way to avoid him. We were all going to die because the pilot in the other craft wasn’t paying attention." Little had to shield his eyes with his hands the lights were so intense. "Suddenly, a soft green light was all over our cockpit."
At the very instant of collision, "...the craft made an unbanked 180 degree turn, remained ahead for a few seconds and then "took off and disappeared like a flash bulb."" At least two of the witnesses agreed that the huge object was a gray equilateral triangle, each side at least 200 feet long and twenty feet thick. Its outer edges were very smooth and sharply defined (with no rivets, doors, antennae, windows, etc.) while at its center there was a triangular-shaped opening or hole large enough to fly through. It flew with one side directly forward. "As a pilot, I did not believe in UFOs but we had just had a near mid-air collision with one!" When Little told radar control what had just happened he was met with ridicule. Later he recalled, "I became very angry and threw the microphone on the floor instead of hanging it on the clip... We all knew we had just seen a UFO but we didn’t know what to say. We were afraid that if we told anybody we would lose our pilot’s licenses. This was very important to us because we were all hoping to become commercial airline pilots. It could be the end of our careers." Investigator Smith also discovered that Little was told by radar control that a United B727 captain allegedly had just reported the same shaped object over Washington (about 535 miles away)! I could not locate any record of this other claimed sighting which isn’t surprising given the continuing attitude of derision shown toward air crew by authorities on the ground and the understandable reticence to report bizarre aerial sightings.
One final word is appropriate. Is it possible that Jacksonville radar was actually tracking the UAP and not the aircraft when the several clock-wise deviating VOR "events" were taking place? It isn’t clear whether the aircraft had a transponder (they were relatively expensive at the time) so that ground radar might have had only a weak return from the aircraft’s skin paint. Indeed, broadband radar in the 1960s wasn’t particularly effective when it comes to a non-transponder equipped aircraft. The far larger radar "skin paint" return from the triangular object might have been significantly larger than that of the aircraft. If true, this would explain the progressive clockwise deviation of the ground radar’s track that also corresponded with the south-bound movement of the UAP before it apparently changed its heading to approach the aircraft. (Smith, W., A huge "open" triangular UFO, International UFO Reporter, Pp. 4-6, Sept./October 1984, Center for UFO Studies, Chicago, Illinois).

"Black triangles" are a class of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) with certain common features which have reportedly been observed from the 1940s to the present. Reports of black triangles originally originated from the United States and United Kingdom.
Reports generally describe this class of UFOs as enormous, silent, black triangular crafts, hovering or slowly cruising at low altitudes over cities and highways, usually at night and making no attempt to evade detection. These crafts are often described as having "running lights", either bright white lights or pulsing colored lights that appear at each corner of the triangle.

How bout an option for "They're real but I don't know what they are."

Thankyouverymuch! Having never seen or examined one I really can't speak to what they are, or are not. I do believe people have seen them but I don't believe anyone else really knows what they are either, other than damned odd things in the air.

Judging by the poll results and almost every response in this thread the members here are not too well informed on this one.

I'm glad someone posted a link to the Fouche presentation (Uploaded by /AlienScientist). I put it together as a playlist here:

http://tiny.cc/AlienRapture

Enjoy.

Okay, one of the very first things his wife says about him is that he is "glib." Very "glib."

The attribute of being "glib" is a HUGE red flag for me for very good reasons.

It has been my very unhappy experience over many years that such fast talking and "glib" people were ALWAYS seeking to con me into something, and this woman introducing him married him in less than a month. By my lights she comes off as a quite credulous and susceptible woman who got sucked in by a glib con man who likes big-haired redheads with not a lot of brains.

I'm real sorry gal, but you just simply got taken. I don't envy your prospects for a happy marriage.

Then she goes into this "Alien Rapture" business. Rapture is a term that raises a red flag for me as it bespeaks an extension of a Fundamentalist Christian trip, hitchhiking on the UFO field in this case, that I don't particularly care for and do NOT believe in, and quiite seriously distrust when "Rapture" is used by a "gliib" guy in this context.

Ed takes the podium and starts off by seeking to establish his family's secret top level involvement in the very deepest mysteries back to the days of Napoleon. Gosh! What a very special family he's from! Involved in all the most secret intelligence agencies and deepest secrets in history! Wow! It must be a genetic thing!

Then he tells us his first job was as a machinist making bombs to be dropped on Viet Nam, and was drafted, (drafted?) from that job into intelligence, communications, and crytological schools. Why?

Ummm... how does a machinist making gravity bombs get "drafted" into such programs? What qualifies a machinist cutting threads in the nose of a cast iron bomb for a fuse for that?

He goes on he rapidly goes through a littany of bases and vague capacities in which he was allegedy employed, without any verfiable statments... it's all so "black" I can't tell you or they will come get me.

Glib for sure.

He has all the military buzz-words down pat and throws them out rapidly so as not to give us time to think about them as he goes on with his rap rapidly moving on with it, claiming to then have been a Defense Contractor dealing with engineering programs (having been drafted as a machinist to that level) involved with "State of the Art Electronics, Logistitcal Data, and automatic test equipment. He then tells us he was considered an Air Force Expert in several fields, such as classified electronics countermeasures, after being drafted as a machinist making bombs.

He claims, without elaborating as to how, (making a BIG jump from machinist to high level black ops guy) that he worked with black programs and received "many other government opportunities." Gosh this guy is GLIB! He breezes past having fillied positions for TAC, APC, and TACAL, as though we are supposed to know what those are, and quickly moves on.

Boy I sure do know how he sucked his new wife in! This guy has his con-rap down really good! He claims to have been a defense contrator dealing with "state of the art electronics", "logistics and techical data" and "automatic test equipment."

No explanation as to how he got to that level from cutting threads for fuses in the nose of an air-dropped dumb bomb as a machinist. He goes on with a litany of the very highest level career advancement achievements without explaining at all how he managed to get there from being a a simple machinist making bombs.

Ummm... what was his education background that got him into such a high level black ops position? How did he get certified for all the things he tells us he was "drafted" into? We are not told. We are expected to believe everything he's blathering at us is absolutely true. Gosh, he must simply be an absolute genius that someone discovered!

He prompts for the next slide of aircraft he claims to have been involved with the development of over and over during his presentationn, and it just comes off like a con to me, designed to impress us with images in place of facts with substance. Then he tells us that other programs he's worked on are still classified as "top secret."

GOOD DODGE DUDE!

I find Edgar Fouche to be a total fraud. That's my gut feeling about him and the way I will regard him henceforth.

Judging by the poll results and almost every response in this thread the members here are not too well informed on this one.

I'm glad someone posted a link to the Fouche presentation (Uploaded by /AlienScientist). I put it together as a playlist here:

http://tiny.cc/AlienRapture

Enjoy.

If listening to Fouche's nonsense qualifies me as being informed, then I would say I am.
Not that I believe he is remotely credible

Well, I was just throwing the video out there as having one answer to the poll. I don't know anything more about the guy than what is said in the presentation. He seems to have popped up, wrote this book, gave a few talks, and disappeared. Some of the things he talks about "sounds" genuine to me, or sounds like he has experience with some classified project or another at one time, while some it, like his reference to the clock speed of the processor comes off sounding not so much so IMHO. Also, I was taken back when he said he popped the access panel to a piece of NSA equipment unnecessarily. I don't know for certain, but it would be my guess that the panel was sealed and marked and any undo tampering would have been difficult to cover-up. Plus, there are other methods to detect the opening and closing of access panels that he could not have circumvented. I don't know, maybe he meant to imply he had clearance to dig into the thing but that wasn't the impression I came away with.

I seem to recall some bizarre encounter while watching a show on the Discovery Channel but it's been a while so I'm not sure where I saw it. The story involved a soldier on training excercise at night and his squad encountered a black triangle. Most of his fellow soldiers were hypnotised in a way but he managed to keep his witts for a while. Other (army) personnel dressed in black outfits 'handled' the soldiers. One soldier has some recollection. Like I said, it was somewhat bizarre and I don't recall any names. Have any of you heard about this story or similar ones?
I recall reading an account somewhat like this in Nexus magazine years ago. It took place in Britain and was a joint exercise with us yanks. The squad was on a night exercise and were crossing a large open field when a triangle was observed above them; their next recollection was that they were in a totally different area of the clearing, nearer the tree line on the opposite side of the field. Then they were approached by an American NCO who came from the tree line. The rest of the detais I don't recall at present time. I also interviewed a former soldier on a radio show I did in the mid nineties(The Blue File) who had experienced a somewhat similar scenario on a base in Texas. Only this involved being sent on a night-training exercise with his squad, and encountering a hovering disc at ground level. Unable to get any radio response from higher-ups, they eventually approached the disc. It remained motionless. One of them approached the disc and reached out to touch it, only to discover that he couldn't-it was some kind of hologram...I remember a comment made to me by an intel contact that one did not need to control a person's reality, only the PERCEPTION of reality........That's the big game nowadays....Caveat Emptor! Richard Sarradet aka bbridges

Back