• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Poll: What Are Black Triangles?

What Are Black Triangles?

• INTERPLANATARY CRAFT: from another Planet.

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • INTERDIMENSIONAL CRAFT: from another dimension.

Votes: 23 18.9%
  • FUTURE CRAFT: from the future.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • BLACK OPS MILITARY: Stealth Blimp Technology.

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • BLACK OPS MILITARY: Alien-Reverse-Engineered TR-3B type thing.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • BLACK OPS MILITARY: Hi-Tech Aroura type Jet.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • MISIDENTIFIED: It's an airplane, a B2, Space Junk, something explainable.

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • UNDERWATER OR HOLLOW EARTH: From within the planet EARTH.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • NOTHING: Black Triangles don't exist.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • NONE OF THE ABOVE: Oh, they're real - but not on this list.

Votes: 15 12.3%

• Total voters

Tom Levine

Skilled Investigator
Cast your vote!

WHAT ARE BLACK TRIANGLES?

Cast your vote, then post your opinion. What do you think they are, and why?

Oh, and to make things interesting, It's MULTIPLE CHOICE! ;) You can only vote once, but you can select more than one Answer. Perhaps you think it could be more than one?

dorkbot said:
How bout an option for "They're real but I don't know what they are."

Honorable Mr. DorkBot, sir! Good to see you ;)

This one's on the list: NONE OF THE ABOVE: Oh, they're real - but not on this list.
Does that work?

"I don't know" isn't worthwhile for a poll like this one IMO. None of us probably know for certain the answers so it's just a guess/educated guessing game.
If you don't have a guess, don't vote.

The Hawk said:
"I don't know" isn't worthwhile for a poll like this one IMO. None of us probably know for certain the answers so it's just a guess/educated guessing game.
If you don't have a guess, don't vote.

Thanks for your "guess", and for your vote, Mr. Hawk! :)

The triangle that I observed in fall 2005 was translucent with gray rectangles along the outer edges on a cloudy night in my backyard above my house in Melvindale, MI. The triangle a cloud level and house size (ranch size).

I didn't get the "underwater hollow Earth" option. At first I thought it was a joke, but then became unsure. Has this been dealt with somewhere? I don't mean to make anyone retype anything if it has, but if you could tell me what thread or link to it, that would be great.

As for the poll, I don't know what they are and don't favor the general explanations over each other. All possible but none proven to the standards I wish they were. Hopefully some day.

A.LeClair, I don't know. I guess I added that because the "hollow earth" theory has been floating around the blogosphere a lot lately, given the recent discovery of the subterranean ocean and all that.

That's all. It wasn't a joke. I was just trying to throw as many options on the table as possible.

t

I seem to recall some bizarre encounter while watching a show on the Discovery Channel but it's been a while so I'm not sure where I saw it. The story involved a soldier on training excercise at night and his squad encountered a black triangle. Most of his fellow soldiers were hypnotised in a way but he managed to keep his witts for a while. Other (army) personnel dressed in black outfits 'handled' the soldiers. One soldier has some recollection. Like I said, it was somewhat bizarre and I don't recall any names. Have any of you heard about this story or similar ones?

I feel somewhat stupid saying this, but I will. I don't really know what the phenonema of "black triangles" is. I never even read this part of the forum.
Well, Tom, here is the reason I am writing this - I am now listening to your episode of the Paracast and am now interested and intrigued! I will familiarize myself with this part of the forum and look forward to learning some new things.
Nice job on the show! You obviously know your stuff and care about your research. You can also speak in plain English and are easy to follow and understand and you don't prejudge everything. Kudos and thanks!!!

As I understand it, a physician in Texas observed a BT with the words "no step" and "US Air Force" painted upon it. Thus, I would conjecture BTs to be "Stealth Blimps" of military manufacture.

However, this does NOT explain sightings of BTs both entering and exiting bodies of water. I just can't imagine any sort of lighter than air craft being able to do that, so just voted my best general guess.

As to whether or nay any are of ET manufacture, I suppose it's possible. After all, I have been reluctantly convinced of ET's at least occasional presence in our atmosphere. Like it or not - and I don't.

Shame on me for not casting a vote. But I will comment.
I think the majority of these sightings are probably conventional, stealth aircraft. Some may be classified aircraft. And a few may be genuine unknowns, (bigger than a football stadium). The shape of the "craft",(if that's what it is) sometimes accomidates the preconceptions of the witness or witnesses.

From what i have heard arent the Black triangle's more similar to Aircraft in size. Where in contrast " the other one is siad to have a Boomerang shape and also be larger in size" A mile wide i believe some people have siad.:question:

From what i have heard arent the Black triangle's more similar to Aircraft in size. Where in contrast " the other one is siad to have a Boomerang shape and also be larger in size" A mile wide i believe some people have siad.:question:

One i saw was the size of a small to medium sized cruise ship

If it has blinking red lights it's ours. White blinking lights probably still ours, lights mean it wants to be seen. I'd be more concerned with what you can't see.

~A

Hi, new here. I have been an avid ufo fan since the 60's. I lived near a bombing range right before the gulf war and got to see the Stealth's in action. It seem's to me that triangle sighting's really took off shortly before the government unveiled it's new technology. Actually a navy official told me they were working on them in the 50's, not 60's as purported. I was wondering if someone could help me. About a year ago I ran across a web site ran by a privately owned company that built a Football field size, V-shaped or Boomerang (a matter of perspective) dirigible. It's sole mission was to launch, go to the edge of space, and flash some company's logo so a picture could be taken. Do any of you think it might be possible that these type's of balloon's could be responsible for some of the larger sighting's? I can see some guy sitting in his office lauging about all the hub bub giant triangle ufo sighting's knowing full well what's up. No pun intended.

I'm not familiar with what exactly people are seeing but I know that I saw one too-it was at an air show and it was the stealth fighter-it looked just like a black triangle on some of the manuevers.

Back