• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Politics & The CIC/Prez

So for those who still doubt the Jan. 6th insurrection was fake or exaggerated, read this, all of it:

A very interesting article although I think we all knew the truth already, except of course for those who hide behind conspiracy theories.
As once was said all it takes is a few good men to say nothing for evil to succeed.

And Yet Another Perspective — The Real Story of January 6th​

[Link violates TOS.]

BTW @Gene Steinberg — The other XenForo platform I post on is capable of displaying and playing rumble videos. This one probably is too, or could be made to do so. Then it would be just one click to play.

About as accurate as saying the Vietnam War didn't happen,.

Listen, the January 6th attack and its beginnings with a fiery speech from Trump admonishing his supporters to "fight like hell" was seen live by millions of people. You can find any kind of nonsense online that pretends something almost everyone saw didn't happen.

There's nothing to refute here. I've posted plenty to demonstrate that none of the nonsense you find holds up.

Listen you're a smart guy, Randall, but focusing on fringe nonsense doesn't help you gain any brownie points. Rather than pushing outright lies, how about talking about real issues?

And Yet Another Perspective — The Real Story of January 6th​

[Link violates TOS.
BTW @Gene Steinberg — The other XenForo platform I post on is capable of displaying and playing rumble videos. This one probably is too, or could be made to do so. Then it would be just one click to play.

[Link violates TOS.]
Randall. We really are in conspiracy theory here. This is as bad as that Nut case Alex Jones who claimed Sandyhook was all actors.

Randall. We really are in conspiracy theory here. This is as bad as that Nut case Alex Jones who claimed Sandyhook was all actors.
So you're saying the victims interviewed are lying and the videos of police beatings are faked? It's NOTHING like Alex Jones' Sandy Hook commentary! So let's drop that strawman, and note that even Jones' "out there" commentary on Sandy Hook should be allowed under the provisions of free speech.

Also, given it's proximity to COVID, and Jone's past warnings on how a faked health crisis could be used to violate civil liberties, the timing on the pumped-up outrage against Jones seems all too convenient. But like I said, let's drop the strawman. Try actually watching the videos and disputing the content. You were plainly mistaken with your original comment about the police deaths. Now you don't want to see that some police incited, beat, and killed relatively peaceful protesters — it's right there on the video.

Don't be locked-in to any position like certain others around here — and don't even try to put me in that category because you can go back to the beginning of the COVID thread before Gene censored it and see how my position shifted over time as new evidence became available. But when evidence he disagreed with surfaced — first he hand waved it, then he censored it, and then he closed the thread.

Last edited:
Listen you're a smart guy, Randall, but focusing on fringe nonsense doesn't help you gain any brownie points. Rather than pushing outright lies, how about talking about real issues?
Stuff it Gene — the evidence is right there on the video, and who are you to tell if a witness who was right there and attacked by police while trying to get them to help her was lying? Unlike most people, I consider evidence that goes against my biases.

I never liked Trump ( you know that ), and I think that the protest got out of hand and some bad things happened, but I don't buy hook, line, and sinker, into any particular politicized narrative. In fact, the more politically biased a narrative is, the harder I look for an opposing position — and when I find it, I acknowledge it, and change my views accordingly.

You on the other hand, have a history of hand waving, and censorship. It also seems like you're very partisan, but I don't know your voting history or US politics well enough to tell if it's ideological or based on actual performance, platforms, and policies. Have you ever voted for a Republican?

Last edited:
So you're saying the victims interviewed are lying and the videos of police beatings are faked? It's NOTHING like Alex Jones' Sandy Hook commentary! So let's drop that strawman, and note that even Jones' "out there" commentary on Sandy Hook should be allowed under the provisions of free speech.

Also, Given it's proximity to COVID, and Jone's past warnings on how a faked health crisis could be used to violate civil liberties, the timing on the pumped-up outrage over Sandy Hook seems all too convenient. But like I said, let's drop the strawman. Try actually watching the videos and disputing the content. You were plainly mistaken with your original comment about the police deaths. Now you don't want to see that some police incited, beat, and killed relatively peaceful protesters — it's right there on the video.

Don't be locked-in to any position like certain others around here — and don't even try to put me in that category because you can go back to the beginning of the COVID thread before Gene censored it and see how my position shifted over time as new evidence became available. But when evidence he disagreed with surfaced — first he hand waved it, then he censored it, and then he closed the thread.
Under no countries legislation should Alex Jones comments be allowed to be spoken or remain.
Lies are lies Randall and you should be ashamed of yourself.

What a load off bollock Randall
That is not valid counterpoint. Are the videos faked? Can you prove the witnesses interviewed are lying when they're backed-up by the videos? No — so face it, Gene did his usual hand wave, you were just wrong, and the situation was much more complex than you thought it was. The solution is simple — accept the evidence and adapt.

Last edited:
Under no countries legislation should Alex Jones comments be allowed to be spoken or remain.
Lies are lies Randall and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Jones' comments were just his typical off-the-top conspiracy theory schtick. While some people pay it little mind, others get all worked-up about it. I don't — The most I do is give Jones a face palm or watch something else. I don't suddenly decide it's time to rewrite the First Amendment. But for the better part of a billion dollars in settlement, I can see why some would be encouraged to try.

Last edited:

Also, given it's proximity to COVID, and Jone's past warnings on how a faked health crisis could be used to violate civil liberties, the timing on the pumped-up outrage against Jones seems all too convenient. But like I said, let's drop the strawman. Try actually watching the videos and disputing the content. You were plainly mistaken with your original comment about the police deaths. Now you don't want to see that some police incited, beat, and killed relatively peaceful protesters — it's right there on the video.

You're getting dizzy with all this stuff.

I didn't say police died on the day of the insurrection, but at least some of the deaths were the result of injuries suffered there. Look it up if you can get away from your fringe faux news sites for a few minutes.

Pumped up outrage? Lawsuits against Jones resulted in awards of hundreds of millions of dollars against him for what he did.

As to the COVID issue: Just imagine that someone who didn't get vaccinated gets a serious case, infects an innocent person with a condition where vaccines won't help much and that innocent person dies. After learning how many people died unnecessarily I felt I would not allow this forum to contribute to the carnage. End of discussion.

As to police beatings: We all know of the abuses. My late uncle George was a lieutenant in the New York police department. He boasted how they'd take alleged juvenile delinquents to the basement to teach them a few lessons.

But on January 6th, most of the beatings was done by insurrectionists. The videos are out there and tens of millions have seen them.

Jones' comments were just his typical off-the-top conspiracy theory schtick. While some people pay it little mind, others get all worked-up about it. I don't — The most I do is give Jones a face palm or watch something else. I don't suddenly decide it's time to rewrite the First Amendment.

You need to actually read a story about what he said, and how he and his followers impacted the victims of the shootings. Jones lost in court big time; he was highly disrespectful during those hearings. If you feel he was unjustly convicted, I'm sure his lawyers would love to have your advice on what to do for the appeals.

That is not valid counterpoint. Are the videos faked? Can you prove the witnesses interviewed are lying when they're backed-up by the videos? No — so face it, Gene did his usual hand wave, you were just wrong, and the situation was much more complex than you thought it was. The solution is simple — accept the evidence and adapt.
There is no evidence just propaganda and oh yes. Fake news.

You're getting dizzy with all this stuff.
Nope — just providing counterpoint.
I didn't say police died on the day of the insurrection,
I didn't say you did — That was Richard.
but at least some of the deaths were the result of injuries suffered there. Look it up if you can get away from your fringe faux news sites for a few minutes.
I did look it up.
Pumped up outrage? Lawsuits against Jones resulted in awards of hundreds of millions of dollars against him for what he did.
Actually closer to a billion ( $964 million ). Isn't it great when you can demonize Jones, erode civil liberties, make almost a billion dollars, and can claim it all on the moral high-ground too — as if that last part really matters to them all.
As to the COVID issue: Just imagine that someone who didn't get vaccinated gets a serious case, infects an innocent person with a condition where vaccines won't help much and that innocent person dies. After learning how many people died unnecessarily I felt I would not allow this forum to contribute to the carnage. End of discussion.
It's not the "end of the discussion" — the COVID vaccines don't prevent infection or transmission, and the claims that they reduce symptoms are more opinion than data driven. So your argument makes zero sense. But go ahead and hand wave some more or censor this out if you want. That's your style.
As to police beatings: We all know of the abuses. My late uncle George was a lieutenant in the New York police department. He boasted how they'd take alleged juvenile delinquents to the basement to teach them a few lessons.
Two sides to every story.
But on January 6th, most of the beatings was done by insurrectionists. The videos are out there and tens of millions have seen them.
I've looked at both sides and the counterpoint paints a different picture. A woman shot dead unnecessarily from behind a closed door, another woman beaten on the ground who died, another man ganged up on and beaten by the police, spun news stories that twist what was actually happening according to the witnesses into violence started by protesters, outright lies about a cop getting attacked with a fire extinguisher and dying from it. Yes there are indeed videos — and there's a lot more to the story than you want to admit.

Last edited:
January 6th? A lot of it was shown on live TV. But people have manipulated those videos, witness Carlson, to create a misleading impression. I'm sure some of the insurrectionists were hurt (one was killed as we all know). But over 140 police officers were injured. Did they beat themselves with flags and baseball bats?

Your COVID remarks are essentially wrong. I said no more!

Jones? He could have settled for a lower figure, but he tried to turn the trial into performance art, which was the absolute wrong decision.

January 6th? A lot of it was shown on live TV. But people have manipulated those videos, witness Carlson, to create a misleading impression. I'm sure some of the insurrectionists were hurt (one was killed as we all know). But over 140 police officers were injured. Did they beat themselves with flags and baseball bats?
The documentaries above, in addition to Carlson's select clips, add more info to the overall story. You might remember when all this was going down, I was one of the first to post on it. This little back and forth all started with Richard calling Trump a murder because of Jan 06. I'm just pointing out that he's mistaken and that a complete picture of the event from various perspectives reveals a deeper story than any one alone.
Your COVID remarks are essentially wrong. I said no more!
They're not wrong — and denials, hand waving, and censorship, rather than supplying valid counterpoint doesn't make you right.
Jones? He could have settled for a lower figure, but he tried to turn the trial into performance art, which was the absolute wrong decision.
That's what it looks like, but I'm not aware of what his council may have advised. It seems to me that he could have avoided the whole thing by letting go of the conspiracy theory angle much earlier on, but as it grew, admitting he was wrong would have just been interpreted as an admission of guilt. So it seems that he got caught on an out-of-control horse that took him straight over a cliff.

Last edited:
Back