• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Politics & The CIC/Prez

This obsession with President Biden's troubled son is absurd.
It's Russian mind control
1f92a.png

No, it's a desperate effort to find something to hang onto President Biden to make him look bad, rather than simply have a logical discussion about what he's done or not done properly.

They pulled that stunt with Hillary Clinton's emails, which were always a non-issue (i.e. her predecessors used private email too).

No, it's a desperate effort ...
Hey — you played the "Russian disinformation" card first. All I did is point out that it seems to have become a popular hand wave for anything political that someone doesn't agree with, sort of on par with "fake news". If it aint fake news then it must be Russian disinformation. Do you also deny that in collusion with the FBI, Twitter censored truthful and credible info on ( oops can't go there — How stupid is that — really ? )

You mean when the Trump administration asked Twitter to delete something?
Can't say. But come to think of it, I do recall running across something to do with government manipulation of social media: Of course it's always the Russians with the disinformation. Our Governments would never do such a thing — right? ( wrong ).

Other platforms besides Twitter have been involved: "There is also a formalized process for government officials to directly flag content on Facebook or Instagram and request that it be throttled or suppressed ... " ( source )

It has been demonstrated that the Russians did try to spread disinformation during the 2016 campaign for President. The Mueller Report contains information and evidence about it:

True Trump Attorney General Barr issued a preliminary statement that deliberately distorted the conclusions of that report, but you can download it and see for yourself what really happened. You'll be surprised at how incriminating it is against Trump.

Yes, government officials may flag content on a social network for reasons of national security and other issues, but that is not the same as collusion to prevent the spread of contradictory information. This is how the politics of the situation deliberately falsify impressions, such as the claim that conservative viewpoints are being censored. This despite the fact that conservative chatter actually gets more coverage.

Reminds me of a line in a movie, where a sleazy character played by Danny DeVito explained how he knew how to "baffle them with b.s."

In this case, it's extremists blaming others for what they attempt to do themselves.

So Trump claims now that former VP Pence, by refusing to violate the constitution in certifying electors on January 6, 2021, was responsible for the January 6th insurrection. In other words he admits there was an insurrection, despite the attempts of such performance artists as Tucker Carlson to misleadingly play it down, only that he wasn't responsible. To him, it's always someone else's fault.

And here's some actual research into whether conservative thought is being throttled on the social networks:

The PDF has its own bias and spin — and is also beside the point. There's all sorts of propaganda. If you wanna call it fact when it's convenient for you and Russian propaganda when it's not, that's up to you. I didn't say either way — I just posted the piece because I thought it was relevant to the thread — it being about politics and all.

You'll be surprised at how incriminating it is against Trump ...
I still recall the video clip of Trump and Putin toasting at Analytica and getting in the elevator together, so I wouldn't be surprised at all. I never liked Trump. I like Biden even less, and our Prime Minister is somewhere between the two — maybe below. I dunno who you guys will get the next time around. It's dismal in many places around the world right now.

The PDF has its own bias and spin — and is also beside the point. There's all sorts of propaganda. If you wanna call it fact when it's convenient for you and Russian propaganda when it's not, that's up to you. I didn't say either way — I just posted the piece because I thought it was relevant to the thread — it being about politics and all.
You really need to get out more.

The myth is that the social networks are unfairly censoring conservative content, which the survey — and other studies — demonstrates is just not so. It appears you never read the survey to which I linked.

I still recall the video clip of Trump and Putin toasting at Analytica and getting in the elevator together, so I wouldn't be surprised at all. I never liked Trump. I like Biden even less, and our Prime Minister is somewhere between the two — maybe below. I dunno who you guys will get the next time around. It's dismal in many places around the world right now.
Faults and all, Biden is sane. Trump is a thorough wack-job based on his incoherent chatter and nonsensical claims.

He's a performance artist. He doesn't believe any of it. Just check out the stories of the information revealed from the Dominion libel lawsuit against Faux.

Carlson has played different characters during his times at CNN, MSNBC and now Faux. He discovered that lying to devoted Trump followers is more profitable, not that he is poor.

He is the scion of a frozen food empire.

Back