• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Pixel/Bannings

UFOs exist.

Period.

Unless you claim to be an expert on all things meteorological, aeronautical, astronomical, atmospheric and aerospace related and can easily identify anything and everything that hoves into your line of vision, regardless of distance, then UFOs by definition exist.

In other words, if you have ever looked up and seen something and didn't know what it was instantly (regardless of what is actually ma have been) then congratulations, you're part of the "ufo phenomena".

UFOs exist.

Period.

Unless you claim to be an expert on all things meteorological, aeronautical, astronomical, atmospheric and aerospace related and can easily identify anything and everything that hoves into your line of vision, regardless of distance, then UFOs by definition exist.

In other words, if you have ever looked up and seen something and didn't know what it was instantly (regardless of what is actually ma have been) then congratulations, you're part of the "ufo phenomena".

Absolutely right - UFOs exist. The problem arrises when someone makes the jump to claiming that they must be aliens or non-human entities, or whatever.

Absolutely right - UFOs exist. The problem arrises when someone makes the jump to claiming that they must be aliens or non-human entities, or whatever.

I don't make any jump to claiming anything but the fact that the flying saucer that parked itself in front of my window for 20 minutes was emanating the equivalent of several thousand watts of light bulbs and could have been used in a sci-fi movie without further make up. What's your take on that Angel ? Collective hallucination caused by not so fresh seafood ? :confused:

It is enough for me that a person not outright rule out a possibility that some unidentified objects/phenomenon might be explained with non-prosaic explanations. However you slice it, there exists a the possibility that the observed phenomenon is not meteorological, astrological, psychological, or misidentifications. As long as a person is willing to accept this and is willing to accept that it might actually be one of these then we can take a case by case basis and assign a probability for each.

Logic and reason come to a grinding halt, tempers flair, and discussion quickly devolves when one group can not simply agree to a possibility. Saying that something truly unidentified is definitely alien and saying it is definitely not alien are flip sides of the same logic trap.

I don't make any jump to claiming anything but the fact that the flying saucer that parked itself in front of my window for 20 minutes was emanating the equivalent of several thousand watts of light bulbs and could have been used in a sci-fi movie without further make up. What's your take on that Angel ? Collective hallucination caused by not so fresh seafood ? :confused:

It's really interesting - so you saw an actual structured air-craft parked in front of your home didn't think to even take any kind of picture? You've taken plenty of pictures of lights in the sky, so why not this one? Like I said, I can't pretend to know what you saw; I'm just giving you my input. You don't know what you saw either - you're positing that it's an alien spacecraft. That could be the answer, but there are many options. You seem to be unwilling to pursue those options - not that I'm saying those are the answers.

It's really interesting - so you saw an actual structured air-craft parked in front of your home didn't think to even take any kind of picture? You've taken plenty of pictures of lights in the sky, so why not this one? Like I said, I can't pretend to know what you saw; I'm just giving you my input. You don't know what you saw either - you're positing that it's an alien spacecraft. That could be the answer, but there are many options. You seem to be unwilling to pursue those options - not that I'm saying those are the answers.

Angel, sorry if the tone of my post could be interpreted has being antagonistic, I intended it to be playful...

But still you haven't read it very well. I didn't say it was an alien space craft (or in any other posts because the ETH is not my hypothesis of predilection). I just said it was a flying saucer, because it is the best way to describe it, actually this thing was screaming "flying saucer". That's why I said that it could have been used in a sci-fi movie without any further make-up. Also I mentioned the massive amount of light it was emitting. What it was, I don't know and the fact that it appeared so movie-like is the most intriguing bit of the story to me. The fact is that we were two sober persons to watch it at very close range for 20 minutes or so. Not all UFO sightings are distant, unclear, or short. Sometimes, like this time, you are within 50 meters, the thing is bigger than a bus, not hidden by anything, very luminous and stays there. Plus in this case it is hovering in front of my window where the view is familiar and I know for a fact that there is only country side for tens of kilometres in that direction.

So as far I am concerned if it has to be human it can only be :

1- a military prototype which got lost in Normandy 50 meters from my window and forgot to switch off the light show
probability = 0.0001%

2- some really wealthy hoaxers who are satisfied with fooling only two people
probability = 0.0001%

3- whoever has a disk shaped, silent, over 30 feet in diameter craft in 1986 and wishes to show it off to a single mother and her 13 year old son.
probability = I let the reader estimate this one :D

Sometime Occam's razor is giving a shave to your own view of reality, but if you prefer, let it grow a beard....

Why no picture ? You are admittedly a sceptic, I have no problem with that but try to do honor to your own camp by not jumping too quickly to conclusions. Why are you assuming that I "didn't even think to take any kind of picture". We are in 1986, there is no digital camera, we own a very cheap film camera and never have a roll in advance... rest assured that I regret that.

BTW I am waiting for your confirmation that you will keep my location private to send you the coordinates of my house to check the anomaly in Google earth. If you are still OK please check my condition in this post : Advice seeked on a contactee situation

Cordially...
Me

Angel, sorry if the tone of my post could be interpreted has being antagonistic, I intended it to be playful...

But still you haven't read it very well. I didn't say it was an alien space craft (or in any other posts because the ETH is not my hypothesis of predilection). I just said it was a flying saucer, because it is the best way to describe it, actually this thing was screaming "flying saucer". That's why I said that it could have been used in a sci-fi movie without any further make-up. Also I mentioned the massive amount of light it was emitting. What it was, I don't know and the fact that it appeared so movie-like is the most intriguing bit of the story to me. The fact is that we were two sober persons to watch it at very close range for 20 minutes or so. Not all UFO sightings are distant, unclear, or short. Sometimes, like this time, you are within 50 meters, the thing is bigger than a bus, not hidden by anything, very luminous and stays there. Plus in this case it is hovering in front of my window where the view is familiar and I know for a fact that there is only country side for tens of kilometres in that direction.

So as far I am concerned if it has to be human it can only be :

1- a military prototype which got lost in Normandy 50 meters from my window and forgot to switch off the light show
probability = 0.0001%

2- some really wealthy hoaxers who are satisfied with fooling only two people
probability = 0.0001%

3- whoever has a disk shaped, silent, over 30 feet in diameter craft in 1986 and wishes to show it off to a single mother and her 13 year old son.
probability = I let the reader estimate this one :D

Sometime Occam's razor is giving a shave to your own view of reality, but if you prefer, let it grow a beard....

Why no picture ? You are admittedly a sceptic, I have no problem with that but try to do honor to your own camp by not jumping too quickly to conclusions. Why are you assuming that I "didn't even think to take any kind of picture". We are in 1986, there is no digital camera, we own a very cheap film camera and never have a roll in advance... rest assured that I regret that.

BTW I am waiting for your confirmation that you will keep my location private to send you the coordinates of my house to check the anomaly in Google earth. If you are still OK please check my condition in this post : Advice seeked on a contactee situation

Cordially...
Me

You didn't say it was an alien space craft, but in the post above, you do seem to lean that way - I could be wrong though. Maybe I missed it, but I had no idea this happened in 1986, so yeah, you probably wouldn't have had a camera handy. Also, I'm not jumping to conclusions. I'm just saying that it's probable that it was not an alien space craft.

Angel, I share your skepticism to a certain degree. I don't know what the thing was either except that it looked to be a craft, given justcurious' description.

But you did jump to the conclusion that he meant it was alien. I think you have to be very careful not to read into anyone's posts what you assume they meant or you'll soon be labeled a debunker. I find you a thoughtful skeptic instead, but better you ask someone what he believes rather than pontificate as to your misunderstanding. Skeptics must abide by the same rules as believers.

Justcurious has never, to my knowledge thus far, stated he knows aliens are interacting with him. Instead, he's just put forth his experiences for our perusal and individual interpretation. I'd say that's fair and doesn't require the skeptics to pounce on him at every turn.

Angel, I share your skepticism to a certain degree. I don't know what the thing was either except that it looked to be a craft, given justcurious' description.

But you did jump to the conclusion that he meant it was alien. I think you have to be very careful not to read into anyone's posts what you assume they meant or you'll soon be labeled a debunker. I find you a thoughtful skeptic instead, but better you ask someone what he believes rather than pontificate as to your misunderstanding. Skeptics must abide by the same rules as believers.

Justcurious has never, to my knowledge thus far, stated he knows aliens are interacting with him. Instead, he's just put forth his experiences for our perusal and individual interpretation. I'd say that's fair and doesn't require the skeptics to pounce on him at every turn.

I'm sorry, but to me it sounded like he was excluding all other avenues. Anytime someone uses the term "flying saucer," I think aliens.

Glad to see that someone has noticed my prudence toward the phenomenon. 8)8)
All I think is that it is happening in our objective reality. The fact that UFOs seem to also manifest some subjective/imaginary characteristics might be a clue to their true nature. (or not)

I'm cool with skeptics has long as they don't suffer from the "anything but" syndrome. :D

I'm sorry, but to me it sounded like he was excluding all other avenues. Anytime someone uses the term "flying saucer," I think aliens.

You not alone. This is why I feel the need to constantly say "occupants" and make statements to differentiate my views. It sucks that the validity of the existence of the phenomenon is judged by one of its possible origin theories.

Anytime someone uses the term "flying saucer," I think aliens.

You should make an effort to divorce those two concepts in your mind. Doubly so when the term "UFO" is used. Drives me nuts when I hear someone (usually an old timer) use the phrase "flying saucer" as a ubiquitous catch-all. I can't speak for the sightings of others but what I saw was neither saucer nor technically "flying" (as are many other sightings reported).

I agree not every UFO seen is a piloted spaceship . I would say 80 per cent of sightings that have occurred since 1940, as a marker, would have an mundane explanation. Personally, i believe somebody or something most be behind the wheel of some of these aerial machines, that nobody on this planet is claiming they own. Haven see some of these objects , fairly close up, and i having not seen pictures anywhere on the web, or in any book, nothing i have ever came across or found ever resembled, what i saw. Now Those Objects while stationary were 30,000 feet up, I'm revering to my sighting i had aboard an airplane. Now those objects, to have got there in the first place, must be piloted by someone!! So they are either human piloted or an non human intelligence from some other place is piloting those machines. So for me i come here. .To hopefully find some answers. All i am certain of is, those Objects were intelligently controlled.

In the grand scheme of things, this is about as unimportant as you can get... so let's not make a big deal of it, and go back to discussing things that matter. Like the Red Sox.

Uhhh, you meant the Braves right Paul? :) We just took two of three from the phillies. Of course my favorite author is a Red Sox fan. But, the Dark Tower draws nearer and I gotta run. :)

Back