• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Pilot Sightings

Sorry Harry, but i dont find the billy meier comparrison valid, this is one set of photos, not dozens of obvious fakes, no one is claiming to have aliens in the lounge or be in possesion of a laser that burns holes in trees.

The initial report makes no mention of the company involved, so marketing ploy doesnt seem an obvious answer either imo.

Now the location where the photos are taken is clearly under the wing, ive already mentioned this aspect.
But i dont find that in of itself "proof" of a hoax.
Ive flown light planes myself, and know from experience its not like driving a car. Once you are up and have clear skys, you can switch on the autopilot and walk away from the yoke, ive done it myself. Without listing the details, lets just say that a cessna doesnt have a toilet on board...........:D

Its not "impossible" for the pilot to have done this and walked down to the wing to take as he himself says a few pics of the local landmarks

I was just trying to get a shot of "Sisters" and Mount Jefferson

Its also not unlikely in a plane that size that there wouldnt have been a co-pilot who could have taken the con while he went and took a few snaps.

There are questions, there always are, and its good to ask them, thats our function as observers, but imo there is nothing yet that conclusively screams hoax, like meier's wedding cake craft, in this case yet

Pretty good theory ... and the colors are about right, but now we really have to wonder, if the artifacts in the image were those aircraft, how is it possible that they weren't seen, especially given the EXIF data from the photos themselves which indicates a span of 7 seconds between the two shots? We seem to be getting all kinds of inferences here to a possible hoax here.

Also to be considered is that the Delta wing shape, which seems to appear in the photograph first appeared on the Convair XF-92A. Significant because there aren't that many Delta winged prop craft that might appear in a commemorative air force race or show. And a jet would make significantly more noise than a prop.

050324-F-1234P-018.jpg

Im also not sure about the "close to an airshow" hypothesis

According to Google maps Reno-Stead Airport is only about 400 miles from Sisters Oregon.

At 200 mph the Albatross is 2 hours away, and had it been another aircraft, one assumes air traffic control would have been able to identify it.

Sometimes there are no answers, indeed its the small percentage of objects that never get identified (either as mundane or a hoax) that make this field interesting imo

Declaring hoax without any solid proof of such, is just as bad as declaring aliens without it.

Sometimes "i dont know" is all we get left with, and its all i have as far as this case is concerned.

Ive seen no more evidence its a hoax, or marketing than i have its aliens.

And thats ok imo, as i said its the small percentage that can only be labeled i dont know, that make the genre worth looking at, at least from my perspective

It looks like for all the world like a variant of the SR-71. If you are in a plane traveling 200 miles an hour and you get passed by an SR-71 type aircraft going full bat out of hell. Do you hear a sonic boom?

Do you hear a sonic boom? Most definitely! Anyone unlucky enough not to have been near an aircraft at mach 1+ is really missing out. It's even better than those headphones Dr Dre makes!

Key: Mike = Blue
Witness = Red

(1)"The initial report makes no mention of the company involved," vs "we are one of the few companies in the world that has airborne satellite systems for high-speed internet"

(2)"Now the location where the photos are taken is clearly under the wing," vs I am flying in these pictures*

*Note he does not state that the Plane was on autopilot, which is an important omission and dicredits the witness.

(3)"Im also not sure about the "close to an airshow" hypothesis vs "Occurred : 9/16/2011 11:16 (Entered as : 09/16/11 11:16)*"

*Reno Air Races started around 8 am and continued until the accident at 4:15 p.m**.
**2011 Reno Air Races crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I hope this is purely coincidence and not an attempt by the "witness/hoaxer" to connect the UFO to the crash.

In a nutshell what we are left with is a picture, provided by an unrealiable and contradictory witness, which shows a true UFO that is an Unidentified Flying Object.

I will not be investing any more time in this case as I am satisfied that its not credible.

You can lead a horse to the cool aid but you cant make it drink, and this horse aint thirsty :)

All the best

Good showing everyone ... no jumping to "OMG Aliens!" as the JREF people would have everyone believe we do!

I was going to go for Demonic ET Sky Worms from Hell bent on eating the souls of airline passengers. Shoot.

The real question is, "Was there a Demonic face reflected in the pilots sunglasses when this happened?" These little details make or break these stories you know.

Key: Mike = Blue
Witness = Red

(1)"The initial report makes no mention of the company involved," vs "we are one of the few companies in the world that has airborne satellite systems for high-speed internet"

(2)"Now the location where the photos are taken is clearly under the wing," vs I am flying in these pictures*

*Note he does not state that the Plane was on autopilot, which is an important omission and dicredits the witness.

(3)"Im also not sure about the "close to an airshow" hypothesis vs "Occurred : 9/16/2011 11:16 (Entered as : 09/16/11 11:16)*"

*Reno Air Races started around 8 am and continued until the accident at 4:15 p.m**.
**2011 Reno Air Races crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I hope this is purely coincidence and not an attempt by the "witness/hoaxer" to connect the UFO to the crash.

In a nutshell what we are left with is a picture, provided by an unrealiable and contradictory witness, which shows a true UFO that is an Unidentified Flying Object.

I will not be investing any more time in this case as I am satisfied that its not credible.

You can lead a horse to the cool aid but you cant make it drink, and this horse aint thirsty :)

All the best

Good for you, but for me the language is still a little open to interpretation.
He doesnt mention the company name, just the function of the aircraft,what the company that owns it uses it for, not the company name itself I dont find that either suspicious or a marketing ploy.
Now perhaps Nuforc have edited out his name and the company name for privacy reasons, we may never know

The second one, well he was flying, of that there can be no doubt, but he doesnt say piloting or flying the plane, just flying. he doesnt explicitely say "i was flying the plane" .

So for me the scenario where he was the captain on this flight, is not inconsistant with him taking photos from under the wing.
So he doesnt state the plane was on autopilot, or that the co pilot was flying when he took these...... he doesnt state he was wearing pants at the time either, its not then inconclusive he was naked from the waist down.
You raise valid questions, but imo they are not proof of hoax.

Peter Davenport, and at least one guest, will join Jeff Rense, to discuss recent sightings reported to NUFORC. We hope to have the pilot, whose photographs of an peculiar object, taken from his aircraft near Sisters,Oregon, may be one of the guests, if that gentleman’s flying schedule permits him to join the program

If this happens perhaps someone local can call in and ask about these matters

We rarely do that here. Most of the people that do that don't last long in this forum.

Great conversation guys. I still like my Ironman Hypothesis.

I'm a huge skeptic on the Ironman Hypothesis. No one has shown me credible evidence to suggest that he really exists. If you could start a thread detailing Ironman sightings and we could get Lance to weigh in on it, you might convince me.

But as far as the whole "ZOMG Aliens" leap, I think that's the last leap that most of us want to take.

**Walks off to have some Wedding Cake**

hmmmmm Cake!

This is a nice thread so far. I just do not think we really have that much evidence other than a fuzzy photo to draw either conclusion be it Hoax or otherwise unless some one can get an interview with the guy who took the photo in question.

Back