• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Official funny stuff — Part 2

Amazing how times change- in one of the sketches Stan says, 'Did you ever hear of anybody (a man) marrying a man?'

In less than 100 years, something considered ridiculous and implausible is becoming commonplace.

I've no gay marriage axe to grind but I still have to pause for a second and wrap my head round the labels, e.g there being 2 husbands..

Don't get me started on personal pronouns for transgender or non-binding people. You'd pretty much need to ask someone how they like to be addressed cos there isn't fixed rules or conventions. Was a little simpler in the past!

Forgot how funny they could be.Stan trying to put the phone into his inside pocket was prophetic as that's where I keep my cell phone.

giphy.gif

Not being privy to current U.S TV, can someone explain this GIF to me and if it's funny, why is it funny?

I imagine this guy is instantly recognisable to most Americans with a TV set (Not Chris O'Brien of course) but I haven't a clue who he is or what he does. There is so much media crossover between the U.S and the U.K and there are countless instantly recognisable faces from movies and tv that are known equally well on both sides of the pond but it's funny sometimes how some of one country's biggest stars are totally unheard of in the other country!

Of course, usually the aim is for actors and musicians from here in the U.K to want (or be pushed to) to 'break America' and far less often the other way around, but there of course are many interesting anomalies, such as Hendrix having to come to the UK and make a name before going home to do the same; another example is the rock group 'Bush' who are from over here and were not getting anywhere but apparently they were pretty big in the States. I believe one of band members is married to Gwen Stefani?

Anyway, as usual, I ramble and digress - so who is the man in the above GIF?:D

Not being privy to current U.S TV, can someone explain this GIF to me and if it's funny, why is it funny?

I imagine this guy is instantly recognisable to most Americans with a TV set (Not Chris O'Brien of course) but I haven't a clue who he is or what he does. There is so much media crossover between the U.S and the U.K and there are countless instantly recognisable faces from movies and tv that are known equally well on both sides of the pond but it's funny sometimes how some of one country's biggest stars are totally unheard of in the other country!

Of course, usually the aim is for actors and musicians from here in the U.K to want (or be pushed to) to 'break America' and far less often the other way around, but there of course are many interesting anomalies, such as Hendrix having to come to the UK and make a name before going home to do the same; another example is the rock group 'Bush' who are from over here and were not getting anywhere but apparently they were pretty big in the States. I believe one of band members is married to Gwen Stefani?

Anyway, as usual, I ramble and digress - so who is the man in the above GIF?:D

He (Anderson Cooper) was one of the moderators of the town hall last week with Clinton/Trump. It was pretty ugly, even for American politics. Not sure I'm going to watch the debate tonight. If I do, I'll be drinking (alcohol).

I saw this bus bench ad on my way to work and wondered if it was legit. It's not out of place for an Adam Sandler movie but I didn't check out the web site yet.

If it is legit whoever did the layout for the advert has to be in the unemployment line by now.
IMAG2549.jpg

Last edited:
Back