• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Official funny stuff — Part 2

tumblr_oeh1ztJWGp1rse1ipo5_400.gif

I like this ad because it reminds me of an old family story.
My grandfather took his wife and son (eventually to be my father) and his newly announced Fiancé (eventually to be my mother) out to a fancy restaurant, or at least what passed for one in 1960's New Zealand .
He ordered a bottle of Rosé, pronouncing it like the flower (Rows). The waiter or as my grandfather would have pronounced it Garkon, corrected him with a snooty smirk, " No sir, its pronounced Ro-zey" .

I still sometimes order the R0ws and like to think grandpa would be amused, But perhaps he's simply doubly mortified as the tale describes his Faux pas.

Apologies to any Mick Jager fans but in truth i found myself at the end of 2016 with the loss of Bowie, Cohen and Prince thinking
Why couldn't it have been the guy with the smile like a gash in a ripe tomato who dances like a chicken on a hot tin roof instead.

Back