• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 11, 2015 — Don Ecker

I am trying to decide if you misinterpreted my question, are being coy, or are just being confrontational. I haven't decided.
The questions are not too general at all and that is a total cop out. They just ask you to take a side and state your opinion from a top level perspective. Sure, it requires some speculation but that's the point... I want your opinion after years of research.
Also, I didn't ask your "take on certain names" at all... In fact, I only named one name but only as an example of a certain type of person within this field as I wanted your take on that general persona as in people who have come to a certain vein of conclusion.
I am really kind of disenchanted with you at the moment. Your answer was a shrug and showed a lack of any real thought beyond ticks on a chart or a willingness to have any sort of opinion on anything... which I find completely out of character.
For a guy who comes running with his opinion on Bill Cooper, I am curious as to why you shrank away.

Okay, I am trying to determine if you misinterpreted my answer, are being coy or are just being confrontational ... and I have not decided yet.

I was under the impression you were in education up in Canada so I presume you comprehend the written word Soul. If you re-read my reply to you I clearly stated your questions were too general in my opinion. The operative phrase here ... in my opinion. Also, after almost 30 years in this so-called field did you consider that maybe I am tired of watching the same tired crap constantly being regurgitated? And with the tone of your note being not only snarky but snotty .. let me say this. Perhaps I am dealing with a Fall cold and am out of sorts, maybe I was dealing with show notes and I answered you (short of time like I usually am) out of courtesy. Or, perhaps I am now just short (on this side .. of course) of giving a shit.

You mention Bill Cooper? Maybe you forget that years ago you posted a question about that lunatic and I gave you a more than detailed dissertation on him. And now you tell me that you are disenchanted with me? Pleeease ... I am gonna get all weepy.

All in all I think I gave you an adequate answer to you general question. If you are not happy with it .. sorry about that.

Decker

Okay, I am trying to determine if you misinterpreted my answer, are being coy or are just being confrontational ... and I have not decided yet.

I was under the impression you were in education up in Canada so I presume you comprehend the written word Soul. If you re-read my reply to you I clearly stated your questions were too general in my opinion. The operative phrase here ... in my opinion. Also, after almost 30 years in this so-called field did you consider that maybe I am tired of watching the same tired crap constantly being regurgitated? And with the tone of your note being not only snarky but snotty .. let me say this. Perhaps I am dealing with a Fall cold and am out of sorts, maybe I was dealing with show notes and I answered you (short of time like I usually am) out of courtesy. Or, perhaps I am now just short (on this side .. of course) of giving a shit.

You mention Bill Cooper? Maybe you forget that years ago you posted a question about that lunatic and I gave you a more than detailed dissertation on him. And now you tell me that you are disenchanted with me? Pleeease ... I am gonna get all weepy.

All in all I think I gave you an adequate answer to you general question. If you are not happy with it .. sorry about that.

Decker

I wasn't being any of the three, just open and honest.

I am up in Canada but not in Education. I do however, understand the written word. I mentioned Cooper specifically because of your response to my question about him and your detailed response. Of course, that WAS a more direct question so easier to be detailed on.

My question was simply because it seems you have shifted your views over time and I just wanted a better impression as to your current stance on people within the field and the stranger aspects of the field.

Yes I was disenchanted, mainly in the tone and effort of your response.

I will just chalk it up to either too short on time or wasn't really interested in sharing. No harm, no foul.

Have a pleasant day and feel better!

I have noticed that more and more posters love to pick fights when your views don't agree with theirs. Tough noogies, as they say. Don Ecker has pointed out on more than one occasion that Bill Cooper was a known ufo crank. What more needs to be said?

I have noticed that more and more posters love to pick fights when your views don't agree with theirs. Tough noogies, as they say. Don Ecker has pointed out on more than one occasion that Bill Cooper was a known ufo crank. What more needs to be said?

Are you speaking to me or the previous guy? In case it is me, I will just clarify...

I am not into Bill Cooper at all. I had often wondered about him and asked on here one time. Don graciously dug up his writings and some audio clips on it. It was very helpful as I suspected the guy was pretty off but Don's research not only gave me factual evidence that really called out Cooper's credibility, but the audio also really demonstrated how dangerously nuts the guy was.

I am also not picking any fights... well, trying not to.

My post was for anyone who needs a ufo reality check. A simple search will normally tell you about any ufo 'personality' out there. The UFO Watchdog website is a good place to start.

Are you speaking to me or the previous guy? In case it is me, I will just clarify...

I am not into Bill Cooper at all. I had often wondered about him and asked on here one time. Don graciously dug up his writings and some audio clips on it. It was very helpful as I suspected the guy was pretty off but Don's research not only gave me factual evidence that really called out Cooper's credibility, but the audio also really demonstrated how dangerously nuts the guy was.

I am also not picking any fights... well, trying not to.

anorthernsoul, if you've already listened to the Cooper episodes in the DMR archive, I suggest you go back and listen to the others. They should address your questions. There are many excellent interviews to enjoy; be sure to listen to the Friday open lines episodes as well. I can't blame Don for not wanting to rehash what he's already put in the public realm.

My favorite episodes are the Kal Korff take down. I chose to re-listen while I was taking a walk on some very steep hills, and was so doubled over gasping in laughter as the expose unfolded it was hard to walk, much less walk uphill. It was a masterful job.

Back