• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 11, 2015 — Don Ecker

That was a really awesome show!!
I'm chiming in kind of late here because it took me a while to get through the whole show LOL.
When considering the possibility of alternate space programs, I guess I have always had a little bit of a problem with that. I Don't have any problem with the idea that the DOD has its own agenda and programs and even manned flight capability that we don't know about but, I don't believe they are that much more sophisticated than everyone else doing space flight.
If you want me to believe that there is some kind of highly sophisticated alternate society that has nothing to do with any government here on this planet I might go there. Such an entity would either come from outside of our solar system or from within our solar system from some other time or some other reality.

The idea of a secret space program existing alongside our government program but in secret is something I can't quite except. One reason for that is that there is no apparent "trickle down" from that program. If our government has an ultra-secret capability we don't know about, why in the hell are we depending on 1960s Russian technology to get us into space right now? And why are we exploring space with what appears to be a somewhat impotent space program? Usually when there is a secret military capability there is usually some form of trickle down such as the SR 71 being a trickled down from the A-12 spyplane which was kept secret until the 1990s. How could a secret faction of the US government have the capability of going to Mars but meanwhile we can't even make it up to our own space station on our own?

If there are bases on the Moon or Mars that are from a Breakaway or an Alien society I have to believe that they are completely disconnected with our world and therefore we have no way of benefiting from them and communication is probably nonexistent or very very limited.

Now the idea of an ancient Earth Society that had highly sophisticated capabilities as always intrigued me. The only problem I have with that is that if they had spaceflight capability even if everything on earth was wiped out, I would think there would still be satellites up there from that society. Of course, that's not to suggest that there wasn't anything ever found like that and I would certainly be a very interesting study. It seems to me that somehow the cat would be out of the bag by now because even if the US government wants to keep it a secret that doesn't mean that all other space capable nations would.
I have to believe that even if, some day, we are totally wiped out by some kind of disaster at very least some of our satellites would still be orbiting?

I think I saw the same video of a presentation Norman Bergun gave (which unfortunately had horrible audio). I also saw an interview with him project camelot did. In both he spoke of extremely interesting observations, drawing some wildly incredible conclusions. I like you feel skeptical of such massive claims from such grainy photos (or at least what I can see from the reproductions in the pdf version of his book). What I found really difficult to comprehend in his interview and what I believe is the introduction in his book, is how he prefaces the research of these anomalies from the cassini images with a personal siting he had off the coast of California of a similar UFO to what he eventually discovers making the rings of saturn. I missed the link between the two things. Is he saying that he believes the ship to be the same? Oddly, in the interview he seems really apprehensive about talking about certain things. That's a good point about the possible artefacts in the images he's using.

Great show!
Just got done listening to it and it was a great way to get started on the back log of near on a years worth of shows.

Finally have a weekend where I am not run off my feet and time to chill out do some model making and listen to the Paracast.
Thanks Don , Gene, and Chris

PS: The model I am building is a 1/700 scale USS Independence CV-22

I noticed Norman Bergrun was mentioned. You may be aware that he wrote a book titled "Ringmakers of Saturn" which I happen to have a copy of. I interviewed him on his thesis back when my wife and I were publishing UFO Magazine. Some time ago I uploaded that interview here on The Paracast. If you are interested in reading it, here is the Paracast link.

Ringmakers of Saturn

Decker

I finished the rest of this show last night and wanted to address the question of "Why NASA/JPL has not announced various findings (water, organic life etc) earlier?"

I think NASA and other agencies are purposely making these "discoveries" underwhelming and slowly release their findings because they want to monopolize space while gaining a massive foothold and tactical advantage over other countries. If they rolled out all of these amazing findings about water and life, they might inadvertently start another competitive space race. Similarly, I think if the United States was mining gold in 1849, they would gain far more riches by keeping the gold discovery to themselves, rather than announce it prematurely and then have to contend with, and split the findings with all of the other miners that would surely arrive.

This position would also logically lead to a "secret space program." As our government releases mundane information about space, they are secretly out there working hard to establish a big advantage before nations like China, Japan and Russia start putting men out there.

I really like and appreciate Mr. Ecker and his research. However, he is very nuts and bolts on the topic. I worry that his great research that he used to do didn't go as far as it should have because he was unwilling to address the high strangeness that comes with this phenomenon. I am fully aware that I could be wrong and he did, I just don't get that impression whenever he speaks on things.

I really like and appreciate Mr. Ecker and his research. However, he is very nuts and bolts on the topic. I worry that his great research that he used to do didn't go as far as it should have because he was unwilling to address the high strangeness that comes with this phenomenon. I am fully aware that I could be wrong and he did, I just don't get that impression whenever he speaks on things.

You must be new to Dark Matters Radio. I think it is fair to say Don was initially a nuts and bolts guy, heavily influenced buy guys like Major Kehoe. However, astute listeners of DMR know that Don is not closed minded about this phenomena, in fact his views have included things beyond just nuts and bolts. I can remember specifically several "round session" episodes where Don compliments and considers much of Keel's work on the subject along with Vallee. I can remember Greg Bishop responding to this by proclaiming he never thought he would hear Don Ecker move beyond "nuts and bolts." So, again, if you are unfamiliar with Don's entire body of work and his subsequent opinions, I can see how you might come to this conclusion. However, Don is a smart guy, he realizes there is not one universal explanation for this stuff. Luckily for me, you don't have to take my word for it. I am sure Don would tell you he keeps all options on the table and doesn't limit the phenomena to just nuts and bolts.

However, Don is a smart guy, he realizes there is not one universal explanation for this stuff. Luckily for me, you don't have to take my word for it. I am sure Don would tell you he keeps all options on the table and doesn't limit the phenomena to just nuts and bolts.

Duh ... Tru Dat!

Decker

It's always a joy to hear Don Ecker. With regards to the all-to-brief mention of a previous high civilisation that existed on Earth during the last ice age, and the destruction of both the Laurentide and Cordilleran ice sheets, I can highly recommend Graham Hancocks book, Magicians of the Gods. It's a sequel of his 1995 book "Fingerprints of the Gods" and expands on some of his theories which can now be corroborated with scientific fact. It's an in-depth study of the cause, aftermath and the remaining clues to the existence of that civilisation during the Younger Dryas period 12,800 -9,600BC.
Gene and Chris, you should get Graham Hancock on the show..

Hey Don and everybody else for that matter. I just found this on YouTube it was put on there just a couple of days ago... Interesting.
[/QUOTE]

Dyson Swarm? .... maybe

What’s Orbiting KIC 8462852 – Shattered Comet or Alien Megastructure?

"What about a collision between two planets? That would generate lots of material along with huge clouds of dust that could easily choke off a star’s light in rapid and irregular fashion.

A great idea except that dust absorbs light from its host star, warms up and glows in infrared light. We should be able to see this “infrared excess” if it were there, but instead KIC 8462852 beams the expected amount of infrared for a star of its class and not a jot more. There’s also no evidence in data taken by NASA’s Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) several years previously that a dust-releasing collision happened around the star."

Like I said in a thread about this, we can only hope we pickup signals in the 1,420mhz range as this would be very conclusive as to the nature and origin of the radio signals.

You must be new to Dark Matters Radio. I think it is fair to say Don was initially a nuts and bolts guy, heavily influenced buy guys like Major Kehoe. However, astute listeners of DMR know that Don is not closed minded about this phenomena, in fact his views have included things beyond just nuts and bolts. I can remember specifically several "round session" episodes where Don compliments and considers much of Keel's work on the subject along with Vallee. I can remember Greg Bishop responding to this by proclaiming he never thought he would hear Don Ecker move beyond "nuts and bolts." So, again, if you are unfamiliar with Don's entire body of work and his subsequent opinions, I can see how you might come to this conclusion. However, Don is a smart guy, he realizes there is not one universal explanation for this stuff. Luckily for me, you don't have to take my word for it. I am sure Don would tell you he keeps all options on the table and doesn't limit the phenomena to just nuts and bolts.

I followed his older stuff but nothing recent beyond what I hear here. I can never listen to stuff live and the distributer for Dark Matter has a bit of a weird set up.

I would be very interested it hear a show discussing his thoughts on Keel, for sure. It's good to hear that he realized there is far more to this than nuts and bolts. Other comments he made in the past made me unsure if he allowed himself to address those aspects of the phenomenon.

I followed his older stuff but nothing recent beyond what I hear here. I can never listen to stuff live and the distributer for Dark Matter has a bit of a weird set up.

I would be very interested it hear a show discussing his thoughts on Keel, for sure. It's good to hear that he realized there is far more to this than nuts and bolts. Other comments he made in the past made me unsure if he allowed himself to address those aspects of the phenomenon.

Or you could ask me directly since I am here everyday, not to mention or put too much of a "head" on it ... I am an admin. also. Just saying ...

Decker

Or you could ask me directly since I am here everyday, not to mention or put too much of a "head" on it ... I am an admin. also. Just saying ...

Decker

I haven't been around in a while... I assumed you were busy.

Considering you have a pretty matter of fact, cut to the chase attitude and investigation style... how do you handle the weirder aspects of the phenomenon?

What is your take on guys like Jeff Ritzmann or other such individuals who at best seem enamored by the potential strangeness of paranormal experiences and seem to conclude that it is all tied together and cannot be separated?

And on that note... How deeply have you gone into other areas of the paranormal beyond UFOs, and how deeply have you looked into related history and what kind of connection do you see between fields and in the ancient past?

Thanks.

Don,
When is Dr Brandenburg back on sir and is plausible for a round table on the planet of Mars and Pluto, Moon three hour special for memory of late Mr Zecharia Sitchin?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/nyregion/10alone.html?_r=0

Q.1 Dr Brandenburg is it plausible to find some type of code among artefacts such as primitive to advanced technology for example Dr Who (travelling device) on Mars from past civilisations? Could a civilisation of more than one type be able to hide under the surface in a event of nuclear attack going on your great book about Mars?

Q.2 Dr Brandenburg could Pluto have had a similar event in its past and do you think there is A.I in our universe and what type signal would they leave for another civilisation? and could we able to track their movements through time?

Lest We Forget

Last edited:
Considering you have a pretty matter of fact, cut to the chase attitude and investigation style... how do you handle the weirder aspects of the phenomenon?

What is your take on guys like Jeff Ritzmann or other such individuals who at best seem enamored by the potential strangeness of paranormal experiences and seem to conclude that it is all tied together and cannot be separated?

And on that note... How deeply have you gone into other areas of the paranormal beyond UFOs, and how deeply have you looked into related history and what kind of connection do you see between fields and in the ancient past?

Thanks.

Your questions could be interpreted in a number of ways because they are, in my opinion, too general.

When I was still involved in active investigations I looked at a case using its own merits or lack thereof. My original "nuts and bolts" take on the phenomena evolved into considering the possibility of other explanations. Explanations such as inter-dimensional for an example. However when it comes to the overall "field" such as it is ... the level of "research", if we can call it that, is lower than amphibian shit ... once again in my opinion.

You ask me for my take on certain names ... and all I could say is what my opinion is of either X, Y, or Z doesn't mean shit in the scheme of things. The best bit of advice .. providing you asked me for it ... is this ... "By their fruits .. thee shall know them ..."

Decker

Your questions could be interpreted in a number of ways because they are, in my opinion, too general.

When I was still involved in active investigations I looked at a case using its own merits or lack thereof. My original "nuts and bolts" take on the phenomena evolved into considering the possibility of other explanations. Explanations such as inter-dimensional for an example. However when it comes to the overall "field" such as it is ... the level of "research", if we can call it that, is lower than amphibian shit ... once again in my opinion.

You ask me for my take on certain names ... and all I could say is what my opinion is of either X, Y, or Z doesn't mean shit in the scheme of things. The best bit of advice .. providing you asked me for it ... is this ... "By their fruits .. thee shall know them ..."

Decker
The last time I heard the phrase "amphibian shit" was from Gunnery Sargent Hartman in FMJ. Nice.

Decker

I am trying to decide if you misinterpreted my question, are being coy, or are just being confrontational. I haven't decided.

The questions are not too general at all and that is a total cop out. They just ask you to take a side and state your opinion from a top level perspective. Sure, it requires some speculation but that's the point... I want your opinion after years of research.

Also, I didn't ask your "take on certain names" at all... In fact, I only named one name but only as an example of a certain type of person within this field as I wanted your take on that general persona as in people who have come to a certain vein of conclusion.

I am really kind of disenchanted with you at the moment. Your answer was a shrug and showed a lack of any real thought beyond ticks on a chart or a willingness to have any sort of opinion on anything... which I find completely out of character.

For a guy who comes running with his opinion on Bill Cooper, I am curious as to why you shrank away.

Back