• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Obama on Gay Marriage

Well, I agree about much of it. Also, I didn't say there was no race involved. I said as president and as a nation we can't hide behind it everytime somebody is critical of the president. I was horrifed that two black panther thugs were allowed to intimidate American voters. That should never happen and was a slap in the face to American servicemen/women everywhere of every color and creed who have died for this nation. As for democratic governers I will tell you this. In Alabama back around 1978 or so (I'd have to google the right year) We were staunchly democrat in selecting governors. We had elected a candidate named Bill Baxley to run in the primary. But, his opponent made some legal challenges and accusations and got the election messed up. The voters punished the democrats that year since they had voted for Baxley (a democrat) and the party had allowed the other guy (right or wrong) to upsurp him. A republican went into office (I cringed everytime he opened his mouth) and the rest was history. Also, little known fact. George Wallace won his last election because he carried the black vote in the state of Alabama. Anyway, things are changing. Slowly, as things do in this world but still changing.

One governor in 50 years, wow. George Wallace once got beat and he said, "This is the last time I get outniggered by anyone." So he went crazy with the racist stuff, and guess what? He won. In the last years of his life he repudiated his past and was ashamed of the route he took. But you have to admit it was successful. :)

Yes he was sucessful his son has a book out that is kind of interesting. Also, we elected Siegleman around 2000 who is a democrat. We actually were pretty much a democratic state until the conservatives pretty much blitzed the whole south and a lot of the Midwest.

I'm very happy to say that the University of Alabama has quite a diverse board of trustees now. As I said things are changing. It isn't an attack on conservatives by me. I am middle of the road and a little bit left leaning on social issues. But, I'm not a far left liberal.

I think he's out on appeal right now. He should never have been in prison in my opinion but he made some enemies at the Bush white house for one thing.

I'm very happy to say that the University of Alabama has quite a diverse board of trustees now. As I said things are changing. It isn't an attack on conservatives by me. I am middle of the road and a little bit left leaning on social issues. But, I'm not a far left liberal.

I hope they are. I just get frustrated that we as a nation get distracted by nonsensical issues and I hope you don't think I am tarring all of the south as I am not. We are all Americans and I will fight for your rights as hard as I fight for mine.

Thanks. I think some southerners get a little defensive because we have been tarnished (some deserved and some not) by a broad brush. I have lived all over the nation and Tuscaloosa, Alabama is the most intergrated city I've ever lived in. It's not perfect and we fight and fuss and push up against each other. But, we are right there at the parks and the concerts and the fairs and we don't have a black event and a white event. It's much more intergrated than Colorado Springs (where I lived for a few years.) Mixed couples are not uncommon around the university and I was thinking of that the other day. I thought "Ya know if this were a hollywood movie there would be dueling banjos in the background. Then a pickup truck with a bunch of rednecks doing the "Rebel Yell" would decend on the scene." Thankfully, it's not a hollywood steotype and as I said. We are actually better at living together in some ways than the "enlightened Northeast." ;)

Thanks. I think some southerners get a little defensive because we have been tarnished (some deserved and some not) by a broad brush. I have lived all over the nation and Tuscaloosa, Alabama is the most intergrated city I've ever lived in. It's not perfect and we fight and fuss and push up against each other. But, we are right there at the parks and the concerts and the fairs and we don't have a black event and a white event. It's much more intergrated than Colorado Springs (where I lived for a few years.) Mixed couples are not uncommon around the university and I was thinking of that the other day. I thought "Ya know if this were a hollywood movie there would be dueling banjos in the background. Then a pickup truck with a bunch of rednecks doing the "Rebel Yell" would decend on the scene." Thankfully, it's not a hollywood steotype and as I said. We are actually better at living together in some ways than the "enlightened Northeast." ;)

You mean like Boston?

Now, now, now, and now, again, Ezechiel, what am I going to do with you? You said regarding Obama's statement that "it is a direct hit on Christian ideology."

Yo Kim Yo !! Keep up to date in your readings before you blow my house down lol

If its not a hit then why is pope Benny huffing and puffing about it ? Raise my educamentation levels.

VATICAN CITY, March 9 (Reuters) - Pope Benedict on Friday denounced the "powerful political and cultural currents" seeking to legalise gay marriage in the United States, where Maryland has just become the eighth state to allow it.
Pope Benedict Denounces Gay Marriage Efforts In U.S.
r-POPE-GAY-MARRIAGE-large570.jpg

One day when I've got more time on my hands I'll read your fine books. Scripture sounds like fun too ;)

I just find it very interesting that the right had no problem with huge spending (TWO WARS) until Jan. 2009 when a black pres. was sworn in. People have lost their gd minds over this. Same with the stuff about his wife. No one ever said such horrible things about a person's wife, how cowardly and sick. She is not even a politician. There should be more shaming of this sort of thing.
Black president? Jack he is just as much white as he is black. I dislike him for his politics and his administration.

Black president? Jack he is just as much white as he is black. I dislike him for his politics and his administration.

He is white only when you guys get called on something offensive you say about him. Plausible deniability and all that so you don't have to look in the mirror. Otherwise you would see he is to the right of both Eisenhower and Nixon and really is not out to destroy this country or take yer guns. He is a moderate centrist politician. It's just that the repubs have gone so far into crazytown and John Birch territory that there is no going back now. I believe he considers himself black so who the hell are you to question what a person is? I bet somewhere here you have questions about his birth certificate or some other drivel which if you thought him white would never come into question.

He is white only when you guys get called on something offensive you say about him. Plausible deniability and all that so you don't have to look in the mirror. Otherwise you would see he is to the right of both Eisenhower and Nixon and really is not out to destroy this country or take yer guns. He is a moderate centrist politician. It's just that the repubs have gone so far into crazytown and John Birch territory that there is no going back now.
no. he is a corporate POS running the corporate entity called UNITED STATES. When will you guys start realizing the difference between the united states of America and UNITED STATES the corporation?

Yo Kim Yo !! Keep up to date in your readings before you blow my house down lol

If its not a hit then why is pope Benny huffing and puffing about it ? Raise my educamentation levels.

VATICAN CITY, March 9 (Reuters) - Pope Benedict on Friday denounced the "powerful political and cultural currents" seeking to legalise gay marriage in the United States, where Maryland has just become the eighth state to allow it.
Pope Benedict Denounces Gay Marriage Efforts In U.S.
r-POPE-GAY-MARRIAGE-large570.jpg

One day when I've got more time on my hands I'll read your fine books. Scripture sounds like fun too ;)

You mean that strong protector of children who was directly involved in the cover up of thousands of kids getting raped? Where it just came out that 8000 children were raped by priests in Milwaukee alone and that is going after accusers in a smear campaign? That moral wonder? Sorry, the church no longer has any authority on morals. Sick.

He is white only when you guys get called on something offensive you say about him. Plausible deniability and all that so you don't have to look in the mirror. Otherwise you would see he is to the right of both Eisenhower and Nixon and really is not out to destroy this country or take yer guns. He is a moderate centrist politician. It's just that the repubs have gone so far into crazytown and John Birch territory that there is no going back now. I believe he considers himself black so who the hell are you to question what a person is? I bet somewhere here you have questions about his birth certificate or some other drivel which if you thought him white would never come into question.

LOL Santorum and his evangelicals sent that party into a parallel dimension. You'd need a worm hole to bring them back ;)

btw i could care less if he was green. i am not a racist.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt as it seems a worse deal to some people to actually be called a racist than to do and say racist things. I will agree that corporations have too much power but at least I know one party who wants to at least give us serfs some crumbs and stay the hell out of our private lives. Whereas the other is saying, "let them eat cake" and trying to divide us because some are gay, some are black, some are latino, whatever. Because if we ever woke up and actually stopped caring about what Juan and Jamal are getting as Americans they would not have much of a platform.

Back