• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Obama on Gay Marriage

Mike, that Local Pastor video - he speaks about imagining kissing another man as a way of highlighting his disgust.
I have almost no doubt that he has indeed done just that a number of times.

Financialy we are all getting effed in the ass right now by a a hierachy of industrialists, bankers and landed gentry who are stealing from us and laughing at us while were dicking around with "time machines", failed dreams and insecurities, petty bullshit ego tripping and child's play.

These morons are just taking the bible literally to the nth degree. If you are gonna believe in that book, I say believe it 100% otherwise you are just picking and choosing and that can't be God's intention!

So as much as I don't care what's in the bible and these guys are idiots, they make their own twisted sense, which is only what the book is telling them and it's there in black and white.
'Nice' religious people are ones who choose 'to pick and choose', which is nice in a way, to take away the bad bits but then where does that leave the matter of whether there is any truth to the bible at all? Surely if it is the word of god, you don't get to pick which bits to ignore?

Exactly, you either need to "own" the contents in their entirety, including the obscene, and absurd stuff and look like an idiot.

The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible,without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc.-- Jerry Falwell,

Or cherry pick the parts you like and discard the vile bits and invalidate it as the "word of god"

Your modern Xstian will often say "oh jebus brought new laws, the OT laws are superceded" but Jebus himself said

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven

Its funny isnt it how these same people who can cite the bible as just cause to ban homosexuality, dont bat an eye about business's trading on the sabbath, or women wearing linen trousers.

Which brings us back to the obvious, religion is a tool for socio-political control.
Its a very handy justification for the control of the flock.

Thankfully for the most part the flock is begining to see through the charade.

Your modern educated persons sense of integrity doesnt allow them to embrace option one ie the bible is inerrant and infallible
It cant embrace option two ie all the OT laws and vile cruelty are "good"

So option three, the rejection of it as outdated superstitious nonsense is the logical choice

Back