• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Obama Birth Certificate

I think the Royal Family (which doesn't acually rule these days) is indeed German and British. But, then again all of us that are of European decent have a little of everything in us. You would think humans would get along by now. Oh, wait I said I was gone. :) I just wanted to say "I'd like to teach the world to sing." :cool:

lol ok, even I'm bored of my rightous indignation.

I'm still right though ;)

Here's my next question.

Has the birth certificate question ever been asked before of a single other American president?

I'm not aware of it. It's possible but I don't think so. I think that you just automatically assume that if someone's running for presidency they were born in this country. I don't know if any of them had to actually prove their birthplace before.

I think that the main issue with Obama and his birth certificate came up because he spent a big part of his youth living overseas as a Muslim. It didn't sit well with a lot of Americans, especially after 9/11. Also his associations to various radical elements within the country didn't help.

I'm not aware of it. It's possible but I don't think so. I think that you just automatically assume that if someone's running for presidency they were born in this country. I don't know if any of them had to actually prove their birthplace before.

I think that the main issue with Obama and his birth certificate came up because he spent a big part of his youth living overseas as a Muslim. It didn't sit well with a lot of Americans, especially after 9/11. Also his associations to various radical elements within the country didn't help.

Ok thanks again for the info, I'm part asking because I actually don't know this kind of detail - of course we take an interest in our partners but we, sorry I - don't look at the detail of your politics, I think it's fair to say that a lot of people on this side of the pond just pick up on the constant fight inside your country against everything he tries to do - it's just seems to be insanely full on for such a middle of the road guy - it really seems like there *must* be some other reason other than party politics.

I'll tell you where I'm coming from.

You have a centre of politics leader, with charisma. That's not bad, at least he's a down to earth guy - look at that posh idiot that we've got - he went to Eton for **** sake, just when we needed someone at least in some way connected to reality we got... that.

From an outside view he does seem to be a bit of a plodder, but maybe you needed that. On a gallows humour tip - at least the rest of the world can say thank you that you turned in on yourselves somewhat coming to terms with doing something right after the Bush disastor.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I am a racist? Would you like to meet face to face and tell me that?

Not really - if you're pissed off, it's because of your comment, not mine.

But at least if your pissed off, then maybe you didn't mean it.

But if you did, then yes - please do elaborate and tell me why I should be concerned about the bloodline of some family that live in London and get to call themselves Royalty. How does that affect my life?

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

I am a racist? Would you like to meet face to face and tell me that?

You know what, I take it back. I feel strongly about this kind of stuff, but actually, I don't know you well enough to say something so provocative. I bet you don't normally react that badly. Racist is a very strong word.

So all insults from me and threats from you aside, what is your actual point about Germany?

*shrug*

How does that answer my question?

Tell me why I'm wrong.

Dear Fatbaddie,

Shortly after President Obama was elected he flew over to Europe and proclaimed himself a citizen of the world. He went on to state that there was nothing special about The United States and apologized for every sin the country had ever commited or ever hoped to. He pretty much kissed the ass of every person on the entire continent. I don't know how he missed yours, but I believe if you will just be patient Obama will eventually get around to you. At the American tax payers expense of course. :)

Thanks for validating my arguement by ignoring it completely and attacking me instead. Did you do that because you're pissed off that I'm right or because I'm wrong Coyote?

If I'm wrong - can you tell me why? Instead of telling me blahblah about Obama kissing peoples ass which didn't answer a single point I have made or any of the uncomfortable questions I have asked about why Americans want to see his birth certificate.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

So, lets recap on the overall response to my observations on the painfully obviously racially motivated meltdown currently happening in America in relation to the non-issue of your presidents place of birth.

Tyder001 and truthseeker had a good go at responding intelligently, the founding fathers comment was quite good but not really relevant to modern day conversations about this "certificate". The arguement from Tyder about *if it wasn't this it would just be something else because politics in the states is kind of like that* is winning me over the more I think about it, but still doesn't change the fact that this *is* still a racially motivated arguement.

Then we had pixelsmith insulting Germans and then threatening to beat me up. lol. Coyote who went off on a tangent and avoided my points entirley.

Does anyone have anything else to say?

I really hope so, because believe it or not, I'm a friend of Americans and America, I want to hear one of you - give a solid arguement to explain why this birth certificate conversation is anything other than the pitiful mewling of the huge section of US society that is beside itself at the idea that white people have voted for a black man, who then actually won.

Then we had pixelsmith insulting Germans and then threatening to beat me up. lol. Coyote who went off on a tangent and avoided my points entirley.

i insulted germans? i threatened to beat you up? wtf dude? i did neither.

i insulted germans? i threatened to beat you up? wtf dude? i did neither.

That's a matter of opinion ;) but that's ok, I did insult you a little unfairly.

My overall arguement isn't about individuals, partly because I don't really know any beyond the things we've all written here, my point is that as an outsider, this topic reflects very badly on America as a whole, I'm trying to find out how people really feel on the inside, I'm curious about how you all - with different opinions in this thread - actually rationalise even having the conversation in the first place, it's irrelevant nonsense.

Anyway no matter, I suppose I'm pretty much done with this post, I don't want to ruin my experience of the rest of the forum.

That's a matter of opinion ;) but that's ok, I did insult you a little unfairly.

My overall arguement isn't about individuals, partly because I don't really know any beyond the things we've all written here, my point is that as an outsider, this topic reflects very badly on America as a whole, I'm trying to find out how people really feel on the inside, I'm curious about how you all - with different opinions in this thread - actually rationalise even having the conversation in the first place, it's irrelevant nonsense.

Anyway no matter, I suppose I'm pretty much done with this post, I don't want to ruin my experience of the rest of the forum.

no no no.... you need to back up your statement with more than "That's a matter of opinion" and run away.

HOW am I a racist with my statement and where did I say I was going to beat you up?

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

I have blacks in my family as well as other mixed races. I have blacks as clients, my business is nestled between 3 businesses owned by blacks all whom I am friends with, I have blacks as very close friends, etc etc... and YES I see the color black when I look at them because I prefer photographing blacks over whites...oops, am I now a racist against whites?

but I still think obomba is a 100% POS/eugenicist and one of the worst presidents in history, but that does not make me a racist.

and yes the term "blacks" is fine with all of them.

no no no.... you need to back up your statement with more than "That's a matter of opinion" and run away.

HOW am I a racist with my statement and where did I say I was going to beat you up?

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

I have blacks in my family as well as other mixed races. I have blacks as clients, my business is nestled between 3 businesses owned by blacks all whom I am friends with, I have blacks as very close friends, etc etc... and YES I see the color black when I look at them because I prefer photographing blacks over whites...oops, am I now a racist against whites?

but I still think obomba is a 100% POS/eugenicist and one of the worst presidents in history, but that does not make me a racist.

and yes the term "blacks" is fine with all of them.

I agree with Pixel here - you can't just call a forum member a racist and say that he threatened to beat you up. Even if you were joking, and I hope you were, when it's written on the interwebz, sarcasm is hard to spot. Trust me, Pixel and I have had our share of disagreements, but he has never threatened me or anyone here with physical harm. Considering he's a Tae Kwon Do expert, I would not want to get into a physical fight with him.

The house of Hanover doesn't insult me at all. Proves the love/hate relationship between the english and germans outside of battlefields/football pitches. I love Prince Philips antics for one.

Germans brush their teeth though.

Well, for some reason my account is telling me that I'm no longer allowed to post on these forums, that's really lame.

I asked some totally valid questions here, and have for the most part been attacked in preference to answering the difficult quetions about why your presidents birth certificate is relevant to anything other than the state of racial tensions in the US.

Pixelsmith, my view is that the reason that you didn't elaborate on your germany/royal family comment was because you were making a snide comment, about germany and/or the uk in some misguided way, I asked you twice to elaborate, you didn't and still haven't, in the absense of any clarity from you I stuck to my default position that there was some prejudice or insult behind the comments, then I actually mentioned in two further posts that I felt my choice of the word racist in relation to you specifically was unfair, still moaning about that instead of answering any of the questions about this birth certificate nonsense though arn't you. Great that your family is mixed racially, my family is too, which is part of the reason why I'm so disgusted about the birth certificate questions, why don't you feel the same? if he is a crap president, and personally I care very little, you should still be outraged by this, and yet you appear not to be, hence my other question about rationalising the arguement in the first place.

As for your chest beating "tell me that to my face" internetz tuff guy stuff - I can talk to you fine on a forum, so either you want a face to face for a big hug, or you want to show me how good you are at tae kwon do, I guessed the latter. And yes - I understand that my view on that is a matter of opinion.

Angelo - as a forum moderater - perhaps you know something about my account being banned? it's a shame that I've had to create a new account to come back to defend myself when people are still posting responses attacking me instead of my arguement (including you - just wondering - was it actually you that also banned me from responding lol ?!?).

And seeing as it's open season on me now, this will be my last post. Best wishes for the future folks.

Well, for some reason my account is telling me that I'm no longer allowed to post on these forums, that's really lame.

I asked some totally valid questions here, and have for the most part been attacked in preference to answering the difficult quetions about why your presidents birth certificate is relevant to anything other than the state of racial tensions in the US.

Pixelsmith, my view is that the reason that you didn't elaborate on your germany/royal family comment was because you were making a snide comment, about germany and/or the uk in some misguided way, I asked you twice to elaborate, you didn't and still haven't, in the absense of any clarity from you I stuck to my default position that there was some prejudice or insult behind the comments, then I actually mentioned in two further posts that I felt my choice of the word racist in relation to you specifically was unfair, still moaning about that instead of answering any of the questions about this birth certificate nonsense though arn't you. Great that your family is mixed racially, my family is too, which is part of the reason why I'm so disgusted about the birth certificate questions, why don't you feel the same? if he is a crap president, and personally I care very little, you should still be outraged by this, and yet you appear not to be, hence my other question about rationalising the arguement in the first place.

As for your chest beating "tell me that to my face" internetz tuff guy stuff - I can talk to you fine on a forum, so either you want a face to face for a big hug, or you want to show me how good you are at tae kwon do, I guessed the latter. And yes - I understand that my view on that is a matter of opinion.

Angelo - as a forum moderater - perhaps you know something about my account being banned? it's a shame that I've had to create a new account to come back to defend myself when people are still posting responses attacking me instead of my arguement (including you - just wondering - was it actually you that also banned me from responding lol ?!?).

And seeing as it's open season on me now, this will be my last post. Best wishes for the future folks.

I assume from what you say that you joined under a different name, and the account is no longer active. That may be because you were sent email (inviting you back perhaps), and your address had changed. If that was the case, you'd want to send me a private message with the previous user name and email, and I'll have it straightened out.

I did not do anything to your account. It is exactly as Gene says - your account is waiting for email confirmation. You would never be banned for asking questions like that. You didn't really break any rules.

Ok, this is really and truly it this time. After all some minds are made up. To the folks in the U.S. and from the U.S. you already know what I'm about to say. You might agree or disagree but I know it's true.

To the "well meaning" folks from across the pond who are so quick to yell racist at Americans. It has always been a TRADITION in this nation to lampoon our leaders. With Jimmy Carter it was his 'Teeth" with Nixon his "nose" with Ford his "mental quickness" with Clinton his "sexual" escapades and being to damn dumb to inhale...INHALE, that was the whole point stupid. :) Yet, with Obama we have to be very, very careful lest we offend with our jokes and comments. The other night John Stewart parodied a "Black" repulican. It was funny and he even did the accent. But, ya know what the critics said about racism? This: "CRICKETS" (that means all you can hear are crickets chirping cause nobody said nothin) If that had been a repulican mocking Obama you would still be hearing the outcry. FACT is one of the reasons we are a free people is that we can mock our leaders. WE WILL and WE DO. I DO. I WILL. So, it's a slippery slope when you start saying "racist" and other silly stuff. The birth certificate got brought up because there were rumors (even from some Kenyan family members) that Obama wasn't born here. BELIEVE me if they could have gotten that kind of rumor about Clinton they would have. They even put on a play about killing George Bush during his administration. But, nobody yelled about race or security or hate then. The Teaparty folks have every right to gather and every right to push whatever their social or polical agenda is. The other side has every right to oppose and fight them politically. But, this charge of Racism is just another way to bully and shut people up. It needs to stop. Are their racist in the tea party? Duhhh! But, are most of them racist? NO! I will fight for their right and I will fight for the right of those who oppose them. Now, I'm done (again) :p because your minds are made up. That's fine and scary cause a mind is a terrible thing to waste on self rightous bull shit. But, party on!

i don't need to elaborate on every post i make. Do your own damn research on the heritage of the ruling class. I have already stated my opinion on the birth certificate crap, i also considered that it was fake at one point and then debunked MYSELF on the issue. As for chest beating, most people will not say to someones face what they say to them on the internet. I believe you might be one of those types.... there would be no showing how good I am because I am a martial artist and that is not how we roll. Now if you took a couple swings at me that would be a different story.
Good grief now we have two fatbaddies....

Back