• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nov 13 show

mike

Paranormal Adept
Still listening, enjoying it so far , Chris mentioned the men in seersucker.....

Reminded me of a gag that always make me smile.

"No No NO, why dont you listen, i said some seersucker from Cox's......"

Wow Gene the guests audio quality is just terrible, not suitable for broadcast. Chris sounded bad as well in the introduction, but the guest is almost unintelligible. Did you use Skype? Maybe time to look elsewhere, honestly i can't listen to him and I'm listening back on Professional studio JBL monitors. The digital artifacting sounds like he is on a cell phone about to cut out, just awful. Painful to just get through it.

Thanks. I also checked the streamed version via Stitcher and it sounded just fine. Yes, I wish the guests' telephone offered a somewhat cleaner audio quality, but we did the best we could; we do level and noise processing to the finished recordings before we submit to the network.

Great show I have always been intrigued by the Airship sightings and its a area of Ufology that i dont think many have looked into.He seemed to be a little stumped when it came to you guys pointing out that there would have to be some wreckage if he believed it was only a few craft and its a stretch to believe these ships could have only been built in San Francisco. I was also wondering if Chris had heard of a event where a occupant came from one of the crafts and asked some strange questions relating to time or the year or something along those lines cant remember exactly but i have always found that to be a great story that i wish had been brought up. Thx again for another great episode of ' The Paracast !" :)

I'm listening back on Professional studio JBL monitors.

Therein lies the problem. JBL studio monitors are precision, high fidelity loudspeakers. They're designed to faithfully and accurately convey what ever quality audio signal they are called upon to reproduce. Junk in - junk out. Switch to something cheap and crappy, and you'll be all set. ;)

I too liked this episode. Good guest, interesting topics and speculations. True food for thought.

This was an excellent show. I really think Jeff Danelek needs to become a regular guest. I think he makes a plausible argument that it was a private venture whose crash could have killed the inventor. The fact that such wreckage would have had to be found, or at least found and publicized, is unrealistic. The are plenty of places in this country where such things could be lost forever. Also, it could have been found, not been recognized as anything but undesirable trash and disposed of while clearing some swath of forest.

I first came across Mr. Danelek when I lived in Colorado. He wrote a book on Reincarnation that was well received by folks who are interested in the subject. However, I never did get around to actually meeting him although he didn't live all that far from where I lived. Anyway, I would love to hear him do another show in the future. Maybe touch more on esoteric subjects. "Full disclosure": I haven't listened to the show yet. Downloading it from itunes and will report back once I've heard it all. Thanks for another interesting guest. :cool:

I listen to the Paracast through a speaker salvaged from an old Speak and Spell I have connected via unfolded paperclips to one channel of the front end of an old V-Fet amplifier that I have Jerry-rigged to the headphone jack of an old cassette Walkman. Recording the show onto the cassette is an extra step but well worth the ambiance and color added by the mix.

Good show this time. I hope to hear Mr. Danelek again. He has a good website that I'm gonna have a look around. Also, after hearing Mike and a couple of other members talk about Ray Kurstwell (hope I got the name right) I decided to check out his site. Interesting.

This was an excellent show. I really think Jeff Danelek needs to become a regular guest. I think he makes a plausible argument that it was a private venture whose crash could have killed the inventor. The fact that such wreckage would have had to be found, or at least found and publicized, is unrealistic. The are plenty of places in this country where such things could be lost forever. Also, it could have been found, not been recognized as anything but undesirable trash and disposed of while clearing some swath of forest.
I agree that it could have been lost and never found but I also think that it must have been more than one or two ships from one private venture to account for all the sightings and i believe its also possible that some of the sightings may have been truly strange encounters with strange occupants .Just as with modern sightings of strange craft how many sightings may have never been reported.If you can believe that a ship or two crashed in some rural area never to be seen again then it is also possible that the few people who lived in such areas may have encountered more ships and never told anyone . I appreciate your opinion on the matter trainedobsever even if we do differ on what we think may have occurred and i think being able to have different opinions on this matter and any matter is what makes this forum great and helps us to come up with new ways of looking at these encounters :)

Lots of drift in this show. I find the guest's tempered theory of the airship phenomenon's origin and demise a bit weak. I'll search out his book, none the less. I think a more interesting read is Daniel Cohen's 1981 book, The Great Airship Mystery. I'm also wondering if the author was aware of the work of Charles A. A. Dellschau. Too bad the hosts didn't bring his name up.

I appreciate your opinion on the matter trainedobsever even if we do differ on what we think may have occurred and i think being able to have different opinions on this matter and any matter is what makes this forum great and helps us to come up with new ways of looking at these encounters :)

Well sure, that's what the forum is all about. I enjoy the diversity of opinion and the willingness to engage in good-natured debate and disagreement.

This does make me think that we should seriously think about taking the airship stories out of the lexicon of high strangeness. They are often used to illustrate a morphing UFO phenomena theory but should they? It makes me wonder.

One of my favorite books by Danalek is "A Case for Ghosts." Sometimes I think he does stretch his reasoning a bit but he's in the business of offering alternative explanations. He is level headed and consider him one of the top-knotch investigators in the field because of his critical thinking.

Good show. Certainly have him on again, please. :) .

J.

Back