• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nov 13 show

I agree I don't believe they are morphing ufos of any kind but something far different .I think it was possible that there were multiple inventors working on craft in different areas of the country and if this didnt occur then it must have been something of high strangeness but i dont think it was ufos .

I agree that it could have been lost and never found but I also think that it must have been more than one or two ships from one private venture to account for all the sightings and i believe its also possible that some of the sightings may have been truly strange encounters with strange occupants .Just as with modern sightings of strange craft how many sightings may have never been reported.If you can believe that a ship or two crashed in some rural area never to be seen again then it is also possible that the few people who lived in such areas may have encountered more ships and never told anyone . I appreciate your opinion on the matter trainedobsever even if we do differ on what we think may have occurred and i think being able to have different opinions on this matter and any matter is what makes this forum great and helps us to come up with new ways of looking at these encounters :)

I had the same problem with his theory. Somehow the lack of evidence of any wreckage or blueprints depicting something resembling the airships became the evidence for his whole argument —well, that, and the fact that the airships (according to him) didn't behave in 'saucery' fashion. And yet there are accounts in which witnesses observed the airships casting powerful searchlights on the ground, which would have posed a problem for any early aircraft due to weight issues —not to mention energy consumption.

I think Gene's argument escaped him completely. UFOs have always displayed technology that seemed just around the corner from the POV of the witness —crude computer terminals, campy cockpits, and even anchors!— that to me is more akin to a 'projection' of sorts fed from the cultural baggage of the observer.

And there's also the fact that Jules Verne seemed to have predicted the whole 1897 wave in his fiction, too!

But I liked the other speculations he proposed when the interview delved in other topics. He's obviously biased on the ETH, but not too much ;)

I agree that a lack of evidence isnt evidence to prove a theory and deciding that it must have come from San Fran is quite a stretch.I have also always wondered if these ships could some how been connected to the theory of the Cryptoterrestrials or even possible some other dimension or other timeline just a thought :)

Great guest and show. :) Danalek is meticulous but not tedious.

I'm not well enough versed on turn of the century airship sightings to address the veracity or strangeness levels of specific reports. Cutting edge technology in the hands of a few Jules-Verneian scientists seems plausible, but involves much conjecture vs. a good fit of the great airship sightings into the larger ufo paradigm throughout history. It's also difficult (for me anyway) to imagine huge lighter than air craft of the day spanning the distances involved without leaving a larger societal footprint. It's a long way from the west coast to North Texas. But indeed--America circa 1900 was a vast place. And blimps and dirigibles are long range craft.

I might call into question Danalek's anthropomorphic assumptions about motives and methods of today's hypothetical ETs. Seeing "them" as brain-boosted versions "us" seems overly linear. But the interview was good solid stuff. Danalek stays on the sane side of woo-woo land with good imagination and fun.

The guest provided us with some critical thinking about an obscure topic. However, I completely disagree with his views on ETH and disclosure. With that said, it was nice for him to explain his viewpoints as his opinions and not facts...

Agreed with the others. Not bad but his postulations on logic employed by aliens were pretty rudimentary.

Agreed that science fiction does predict future technology well. Where most popular science fiction fails is in predicting future societal organization. There is a huge tendency to buy into the whole star trek collectivist thinking which I think is pretty outdated looking at our world today. This to me seems like linear thinking in a world of exponentials.

I mean all aliens are part of some galactic federation and follow some kind of species-imposed law of interaction with humans? Really? Who has been watching too much Star Wars? I mean if you look at humans interactions with dogs, some people pet them, some people eat them, some people hate them, etc. Could a 3rd party species draw any logical conclusions there about what kind of collectivist benefits humans are getting out of our dog interactions? Of course not.

I suspect advanced civilizations, if they are indeed derived on mostly peaceful interactions, will have little need for outdated collectivist institutions to govern their actions. Nor will those kinds of institutions work in any kind of uniform way anyway. As technology approaches singularity for a society, it will undoubtedly splinter into countless individualistic flavors of motives, micro-communities and endeavors. Just like the number of flavors of coffee in our grocery stores have increased, imagine how many flavors will exist once we have nano-molecular printing.

Back