• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Musical Interests

This is Music to my ears:)
Cheers John
My Pops got some Bonneville cred' with his record holding Harley.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

This guy makes really clever use of echo pedals to make this composition on electric-violin. I'm impressed.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Wow, this thread started forever ago, but I haven't been on here in forever (busy busy) and it was at the top of the list, so I'm going for it.

I love love love music. I am a total music kid. It's just to bad that I have the musical talent of an avacado. :eek:( Wait, I take that back, I can play a mean Hot Crossed Bunns on a recorder. Oh and I can kick some major butt at drums in RockBand. lol.

First of all, I'm not to fond of pop, country, or gangsta wrap. I'm not a huge fan of most of the stuff they play on the radio... or at least the radio here in the Tulsa area. But thats what ipods are for right?! I love the Beatles and don't trust anyone who says they don't. When I was growing up, grunge was popular, so I still like a lot of that. Hmm.. there is no way I can think of everything, so I'm just going to list some of my favs on the old ipod: Arcade Fire, Block Party, Bloodhound Gang, Bravery, Butthole Surfers (they scared the audience at a local show when the lead singer brought a shot gun on stage and started shooting it into the air and people were hitting the ground.. it was pretty great!), Cibo Matto (so fun and weird), Coyote Shivers, Decemberists, Doors, Dresden Dolls, Evangelicals (check em out yo.. Midnight Vignette vid on youtube), Franz Ferdinand, Joy Division (LOVE LOVE LOVE), The Kills, Kings of Leon, Liz Phair, Neutral Milk Hotel, Phantom Planet, Radiohead, Ramones (I NEED to buy Rock and Roll High School... it still makes me giggle uncontrollably, She Wants Revenge, Tears for Fears (don't jude...total guilty pleasure that reminds me of when I was like pre-school eating beanie weenies and drinkin my juice box), Tori Amos (the older stuff at least), Yeah Yeah Yeahs ( Even though Karen-O spit water all over me at the concert where I was front and center.) Thats just a small sampling of what I like to rock out to. I like to think that I have way better taste than most of my friends (lady gaga?!?... really?!), so if there is something you don't recognise, your musical homework assigned by me is to find it, listen, and like it because it must be effin good. haha, j/k

"Love me love my Dog",

He's Old and Black and we're rarely apart. Strangely perhaps to most he leaves the building when I listen to this the greatest Rock and Roll band of all time.

If you dont get it, then count yourself lucky,

Full screen flat out please,

Mark

A very short piece of music-an advert actually, I love the feeling this piece gives me, it just seems to fit so well with what I feel right now. It's quite haunting I find.

How does it make you feel? anything at all? Just curious.. :)

It kinda makes me feel like I should go buy a new car. j/k. I do like the background music. It would go good in some part of my life soundtrack I'm sure. Does anyone else ever wonder what songs would go good with particular moments in their life? Or am I the only freak. haha!

I know I posted some of my likes before, but I am also going to share this, because its pretty great.

A very short piece of music-an advert actually, I love the feeling this piece gives me, it just seems to fit so well with what I feel right now. It's quite haunting I find.

How does it make you feel? anything at all? Just curious.. :)

Totally with you on that one sher,

Strangely I caught that ad the other day and said the same kind of thing to the wife.
Now where's that drew hempel?

Oh,

Mark

When I was a kid, Soul Train used to come on after 'Land of the Lost' and 'H.R. Puffenstuff' early on Saturday mornings. My parents hated the fact that I liked it...this was southern Texas in the 70's...that wasn't the kind of music white people were supposed to like.

<OBJECT width=425 height=344>
&nbsp
&nbsp
<embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></OBJECT><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

Now that reminds me of the good old scooter days:D

Does anyone else ever wonder what songs would go good with particular moments in their life? Or am I the only freak. haha!

You're not alone with that idea at all, music is so closely linked to emotion, infact it evokes it and the same for how we remember events from our past-at times it just helps us make sense of things that perhaps weren't so great, or it gets us through crappy times. I've definitely only survived some of the stuff life has chucked at me because of music, I'm sure of it!

I thought it was 'normal' to consider such things?, and if not then consider me your fellow freak!;):)

Meet Bob Log III. That boy is something else.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

No idea if this has been posted before, but this tune's one of my top ones at the moment.

Just brilliant!!!:D

i am resurrecting this thread. I hired this band for our music festival this year. I thought some of you might like them. last CD was recorded in mono with one mic direct to tape then to 78 rpm vinyl... and the drummer used a 100 year old tobacco barrel.

This is my funeral request music. If there is one thing I can give to my children, it is the central tenet of this song. The styilised video by Shinola and the setting just makes it more.

Back